Palin said humans and dinosuars walked the earth together

Popeye

Caribou Barbie...the nationwide laughingstock. Here's some more of Palin, just for giggles.

Soon after Sarah Palin was elected mayor of the foothill town of Wasilla, Alaska, she startled a local music teacher by insisting in casual conversation that men and dinosaurs coexisted on an Earth created 6,000 years ago -- about 65 million years after scientists say most dinosaurs became extinct -- the teacher said.

After conducting a college band and watching Palin deliver a commencement address to a small group of home-schooled students in June 1997, Wasilla resident Philip Munger said, he asked the young mayor about her religious beliefs.

Palin told him that "dinosaurs and humans walked the Earth at the same time," Munger said. When he asked her about prehistoric fossils and tracks dating back millions of years, Palin said "she had seen pictures of human footprints inside the tracks," recalled Munger, who teaches music at the University of Alaska in Anchorage and has regularly criticized Palin in recent years on his liberal political blog, called Progressive Alaska.

The idea of a "young Earth" -- that God created the Earth about 6,000 years ago, and dinosaurs and humans coexisted early on -- is a popular strain of creationism.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-palinreligion28-2008sep28,0,3643718.story?track=rss

Werbung:
Wow. That improved my view of her beyond anything she's said yet. Poppy is doing more to increase my support of Palin, than anything the republicans have done.

Caribou Barbie...the nationwide laughingstock. Here's some more of Palin, just for giggles.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-palinreligion28-2008sep28,0,3643718.story?track=rss

Your post, as usual, is nothing short of pathetic. Actually, the article was pretty good. After reading the WHOLE article instead of nit-picking parts as you do to feed your petty agenda, it's obvious that you did not read it all.

Not surprising, as ridicule seems to be not only your weapon of choice, but your only weapon. But your ridicule fails to anger me. It suffices only to prove to me that it's all you can rely on, instead of facts and substance. I need not go into a battle of wits with you: it's not nice to attack an unarmed person.

If only the "I hate religion worse than a flaming case of the clap" crowd were half as considerate of others beliefs as Palin is, the world would be a MUCH nicer place.

Ooh, I like playing the selective quote game. Here are a few from another potential V.P. that don't get to go away just because that was then and this is now. Are these quotes and general mindset funny like Palin? Hell no. Not funny at all.

“We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society.”

“I think we sort of have lost track of the fact this is a government that has to be accountable to the people of our country,”

"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran… In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them".

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers We are the president".

"We're their parents, and it is up to us to protect them." "There is no such thing as other people's children."

“No government can love a child, and no policy can substitute for a family's care”.

“We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans." (Actually Bill said this)

"I have to confess that it's crossed my mind that you could not be a Republican and a Christian".

I'll take foolishness over issues that don't make a rat's a** bit of difference to anyone, over tyrant anyday.

Your post, as usual, is nothing short of pathetic. Actually, the article was pretty good. After reading the WHOLE article instead of nit-picking parts as you do to feed your petty agenda, it's obvious that you did not read it all.

Not surprising, as ridicule seems to be not only your weapon of choice, but your only weapon. But your ridicule fails to anger me. It suffices only to prove to me that it's all you can rely on, instead of facts and substance. I need not go into a battle of wits with you: it's not nice to attack an unarmed person.

I read the entire article which, outside of the portion I posted, consisted primarily of denials by Palin aides...chief among them Palin's spokesman Bill McAllister insisting that Palin would never think of pushing her belief in creationism upon others.

Unfortunately for Mr McAllister and Sarah Palin, that doesn't appear to be the truth...from the Anchorage Daily News (10-27-06):

The volatile issue of teaching creation science in public schools popped up in the Alaska governor's race this week when Republican Sarah Palin said she thinks creationism should be taught alongside evolution in the state's public classrooms.

Palin was answering a question from the moderator near the conclusion of Wednesday night's televised debate on KAKM Channel 7 when she said, "Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information. Healthy debate is so important, and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both."

Maybe you think it's all right to teach religion in science class but I don't. This is America not some theocracy.

Maybe you think it's all right to teach religion in science class but I don't. This is America not some theocracy.
No, but it IS a place where anyone else's ideas mean as much as yours. No one said you have to agree, but you don't have a right to get in anyone else's way about anything that isn't illegal. That my dear is what liberalism is about. Why don't liberals get that?

Maybe you think it's all right to teach religion in science class but I don't.

Unless of course its a religion you follow....
Goran_Climatologists.jpg

Wow. That improved my view of her beyond anything she's said yet. Poppy is doing more to increase my support of Palin, than anything the republicans have done.
You "conservatives" will believe anything....which explains your support for The Idiot Son. :rolleyes:

"The book of Job is very old, probably written around 2,000 years before Jesus was born. Here God describes a great king of the land animals like some of the biggest dinosaurs, the Diplodocus and Apatosaurus. It was a gigantic plant-eater with great muscles and very strong bones. The long Diplodocus had leg bones so strong that he could have held three others on his back.

The behemoth were not afraid. They did not need to be; they were huge. Their tails were so long and strong that God compared them to cedars - one of the largest and most spectacular trees of the ancient world."

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c004.html

These are the same folks who insist public-schools are responsible for dumbing-down children. :rolleyes:

I'd have no problem if science is what we kept to in schools. Yet, that's not the case..

When discussing Evolution, many now forget to tack on the theory... Evolution, despite all of the scientific chatter is a theory.. not scientific fact. When a person really takes the time to investigate the theory of Evolution, they find a myriad of holes and assumptions.

These are the same folks who insist public-schools are responsible for dumbing-down children.

Lol. Well I believe in God, and I can tell you for a fact that it isn't the schools responsible for dumbing down children. It's their dumb parents who are passing on the let the government take care of your a**, and cry prejudice for whatever reason if it's too hard for you at first swipe, mentality. The schools are simply adjusting to federal laws designed to keep the inadequate appeased. If you think kids are being prepared for life as an individual as we were decades ago, you're either young or not a native.

Don't worry though, no child is going to be left behind. Stupid, illiterate, self pitying young adults will be rampant though. People of faith who blame the public school system for the less prepared generations are probably in the minority. Kinda like liberals who know what they're talking about. LOL.

You "conservatives" will believe anything....which explains your support for The Idiot Son. :rolleyes:

These are the same folks who insist public-schools are responsible for dumbing-down children. :rolleyes:

Given how little people know when they get out of public schools, I think that is a legitimate claim.

Moreover given what I now know about global warming, compared to what I was taught, it's amazing they consider it 'education'.

Finely, when you look at evolution, it's as much based on faith, as any class on religion.

Just a comment in passing, go watch the video on Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. Then talk to me about which of us will believe anything. Go read the Rockafeller report on the evidence against Saddam prior to the war. Then talk to me about which one of us will believe anything. In fact, just get educated about any topic, and we'll see which one believes anything. Pick an issue, and the left believes the most wacky unsupportable crap, that any rational thoughtful person would laugh at them for.

Actually, the ones that are holding the public schools responsible for dumbing down the kids, are the ones who were educated in that public school system before the federal government took it over, and then watched what they didn't teach our children. Take the time to go down to your local library and look in the reference section at some of the school books from the mid to late 19th century and you'll quickly discover how badly the school system failed you.

Werbung:
This is based on the uncorroborated claim of a leftwing kook name Philip Munger, who has a blog called Progressive Alaska. That the LA Times would pass along such garbage just shows how far they've sunk. Since Palin was nominated, she has been accused of everything but child molestation by the leftwing internet defamation blogs, and this is just another bit of sewage. Credibility of this crapola? All together now .....:D .....ZERO.

Back