Pastor orders his flock to beat gay couple

PLC1

Staff member
Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church

But who could imagine the hate and rage that would motivate a Pastor to instruct deacons and members of his congregation, Grace Fellowship Church in Fruitland, TN. to physically attack a couple arriving in the church parking lot last Wednesday?

The fact that one of the gay men attacked happened to be the Pastor’s own son, Jerry Pittman, Jr., no doubt contributed to Pittman senior’s noxious edict. According to Pittman Jr., after hearing his Dad yell, “SICK’EM!:”

Somehow, I can't see Jesus approving of this one. Nowhere in the Bible does it say, "sick 'em."

Werbung:
Pastor Pittman is gonna have some 'splainin' to do.

but to be more accurate he seems to have directed his brother and a couple other deacons to do the deed. headline implicates an entirely different scenario. (Not P's headline by the way but from the link.)

Notice the town's name......"Fruitland". Funny stuff. This might be a hoax.

I didn't notice that. Just to see if I'd been taken in, I did a search on "Fruitland, Tn", and came up with this article from the local news:

"My uncle and two other deacons came over to the car per my dad's request. My uncle smash me in the door as the other deacon knocked my boyfriend back so he couldn't help me, punching him in his face and his chest. The other deacon came and hit me through my car window in my back," said Pittman. He said bystanders did not offer assistance. He said the deacon yelled derogatory homosexual slurs, even after officers arrived. He said the officers never intervened to stop the deacons from yelling the slurs.

No, it appears that the name of the town is just a coincidence, and that the story is real.

Disgusting, but real.

I didn't notice that. Just to see if I'd been taken in, I did a search on "Fruitland, Tn", and came up with this article from the local news:

No, it appears that the name of the town is just a coincidence, and that the story is real.

Disgusting, but real.

Sure seems to be a lot more to this than is being reported. (No I do not condone the actions in any way.) Obviously the father has issues with his kid being homosexual but the kid seems to have been manufacturing an encounter that could not turn out well. A lose lose scenario is not a very good way to make a point.

relatives and friends as I understand it.

Apparently the sherrif stood by and watched doing nothing - which makes me think that there is more to the story than what the "journalist" is telling us.

The journalist,btw, works for a site which bills itself like this:

"Addicting Info started as a resource to discredit all the lies and propaganda that the right-wing spreads. When I undertook the project I thought I would probably have about 100 different articles about a number of different myths, and people could sort through them at will. Eventually that expanded to news and other info, and I quickly realized the DAUNTING task of actually trying to discredit EVERY right-wing myth that is in existence, especially with the constant creation of new ones (like the ‘sexist’ Newsweek cover of Michele Bachmann)."

Clearly the intent of the article is to portray theists as bigots rather than to portray bigots as bigots. And I ask you either if the intent is to portray bigots as bigots or to portray theists as bigots how does either expose a right wing lie?

The journalists is a Jewish person who calls himself a religious educator. I think this qualifies him to be one of the progressives who is a religious anti-theist I have mentioned on another thread.

Apparently the sherrif stood by and watched doing nothing - which makes me think that there is more to the story than what the "journalist" is telling us.

"Addicting Info started as a resource to discredit all the lies and propaganda that the right-wing spreads. When I undertook the project I thought I would probably have about 100 different articles about a number of different myths, and people could sort through them at will. Eventually that expanded to news and other info, and I quickly realized the DAUNTING task of actually trying to discredit EVERY right-wing myth that is in existence, especially with the constant creation of new ones (like the ‘sexist’ Newsweek cover of Michele Bachmann)."

Clearly the intent of the article is to portray theists as bigots rather than to portray bigots as bigots. And I ask you either if the intent is to portray bigots as bigots or to portray theists as bigots how does either expose a right wing lie?

The journalists is a Jewish person who calls himself a religious educator. I think this qualifies him to be one of the progressives who is a religious anti-theist I have mentioned on another thread.

Wow! So many assumptions!
Are you trying to "qualify" as a possessing ESP or clairvoyance? ;):)

As I read it, the police only were present for some shouting, not the violence. Its often to let them blow off their steam rather than going heavy handed. And like it or not, there is the free speech element to be considered.

would not surprise me.

From my second link:

Pittman said the attacked was prompted by the pastor of the church, Jerry Pittman, his father.

My uncle and two other deacons came over to the car per my dad's request.

Pastor and deacons.

as for the cops:

"If I was on the scene I would not have allowed that. The deputy should not have allowed it if he did," said Gibson County Sheriff Chuck Arnold.

Pittman said neither he nor Lee were allowed to press charges while at the church.

"I haven't talk to him but that would be out of character for my deputy to say unless they were causing a problem themselves," said Sheriff Arnold.

doesn't sound like they stood by and let the violence progress, but who knows?

as for the pastor, it seems his troubles are just beginning:

Pastor accused of attack on gay son now facing theft charges

From my second link:

Pastor and deacons.

as for the cops:

doesn't sound like they stood by and let the violence progress, but who knows?

as for the pastor, it seems his troubles are just beginning:

Pastor accused of attack on gay son now facing theft charges

Sounds like a "good old boy" all around!
But, I guess he is "innocent until proven guilty!

By the way, I just read a great quote in another forum. It wasn't sign, so I don't know who the author is, but I think its worth passing along:

"Homosexuality vs. Homophobia:
Homosexuality is found in 450 species
Homophobia is found only in ONE.
hich seems the most unnatural now?"

Sorry, it wasn't signed, and the person who posted it found it on facebook, so I can't give the credit to the right person!

Sounds like a "good old boy" all around!
But, I guess he is "innocent until proven guilty!

By the way, I just read a great quote in another forum. It wasn't sign, so I don't know who the author is, but I think its worth passing along:

"Homosexuality vs. Homophobia:
Homosexuality is found in 450 species
Homophobia is found only in ONE.
hich seems the most unnatural now?"

Sorry, it wasn't signed, and the person who posted it found it on facebook, so I can't give the credit to the right person!

Whoever said it, it is an accurate observation.

How would IRAN deal with gays? BEHEADED! Thats what they do to gays there. Like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said,, There are no Gays in IRAN.

Werbung:
Back