Paul Krugman: Memory Of 9/11 Is "An Occasion For Shame

steveox

In a post on his New York Times blog "The Conscience of a Liberal," Nobel-prize winning economist and Times columnist Paul Krugman asks, "Is it just me, or are the 9/11 commemorations oddly subdued?" He then goes on to explain why: "What happened after 9/11…was deeply shameful. Te [sic] atrocity should have been a unifying event, but instead it became a wedge issue. Fake heros like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror." Krugman then declares that "the memory of 9/11 has been irrevocably poisoned; it has become an occasion for shame. And in its heart, the nation knows it."

Krugman certainly isn't the only one to sharply criticize those who exploited 9/11 for personal or political gain, or the unity that occasionally bordered on mindless jingoism after the attacks. Former New York Times editor Bill Keller recently addressed his "unfinished business," offering a quasi-apology for his own major role in what Krugman describes as a push from "professional pundits" who "took the easy way out" in advocating for war.

http://gothamist.com/2011/09/11/paul_krugman_memory_of_911_is_an_oc.php

You see how the Liberal media is ? This is why you should cancel your NY Times subscription. Plus boycott NBC NEWS,ABC NEWS,CBS NEWS, CNN and MSNBC Ill bet you none of these news networks would mention Paul Krugman comments. Now if you can show me NBC NEWS,ABC NEWS,CBS NEWS, CNN and MSNBC mention Paul Krugman and condems him for those comments ill take my comments back.

Werbung:
SEE I WAS RIGHT!! NOT ONE WORD FROM THE LEFT WING NEWS MEDIA!! Whatever liberals get controversal They Hush Hush and stay silent. But when conservitives get controversal then they report it. Just like former Senator William Jeffords with $90,000 in his freezer they put a small tiny colum in the bottom of the new york times. But when Bush admin on the Valarie Plame scandal it made front page headlines in the New York times. And like Talkshow host Rush Limbaugh on his pain killers scandal NBC,ABC,CBS,CNN and MSNBC all report it. They did the samething to IMUS when he said this.
But NOT ONE WORD about Paul Krugman controversal NY Times story. But only Fox News reported it on America Live and Studio B with Sheppard Smith.

Werbung:
Back