Pawlenty on Unions

Gipper

The rise of the labor movement in the early 20th century was a triumph for America's working class.

In an era of deep economic anxiety, unions stood up for hardworking but vulnerable families, protecting them from physical and economic exploitation.

Much has changed. The majority of union members today no longer work in construction, manufacturing or "strong back" jobs.

They work for government, which, thanks to President Obama, has become the only booming "industry" left in our economy. Since January 2008 the private sector has lost nearly 8 million jobs, while local, state and federal governments have added 590,000.

Federal employees receive an average of $123,049 annually in pay and benefits, twice the average of the private sector. And across the country, at every level of government, the pattern is the same: Unionized public employees are making more money, receiving more generous benefits, and enjoying greater job security than the working families forced to pay for it with ever-higher taxes, deficits and debt.

How did this happen? Very quietly. The rise of government unions has been like a silent coup, an inside job engineered by self-interested politicians and fueled by campaign contributions.
http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentary/111819879.html

Great column by your governor Pockets. I suppose you think his comments are garbage since you want government unions to grow and government worker pay to grow too.

Do you think that is sustainable?

Werbung:
The looting of america by the endlessly greedy government employee unions is one of the great unreported (naturally) stories.

The looting of america by the endlessly greedy government employee unions is one of the great unreported (naturally) stories.

Yes it does go unreported in the MSM. Only the conservative press discusses this outrage.

How any American can support the huge growth govt workers (actually the term "govt worker" is an old oxymoron) and their incomes being double that of the private sector, it beyond me...but knowing libs like I do, I fully understand.

Govt workers vote for commies (Dems) in a big way. So, it only makes logical sense that BO and friends want more of them and to hell with what is good for the country.

Pockets any thoughts on your governor's column?

Werbung:
Back