Pentagon Says It Detected a Chinese Spy Balloon Hovering Over Montana

reedak

1. WASHINGTON — The United States has detected what it says is a Chinese surveillance balloon that has been hovering over the northwestern United States, the Pentagon said on Thursday, a discovery that comes days before Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken’s visit to Beijing.

The Pentagon has chosen, for now, not to shoot down the balloon after a recommendation from senior defense officials that doing so would risk debris hitting people on the ground, according to a senior defense official who was not authorized to speak publicly.

The decision to publicize the discovery appears to put China on notice ahead of Mr. Blinken’s Beijing visit — the first by an American secretary of state in six years — during which he is expected to meet with President Xi Jinping. The sudden appearance of the balloon is bound to raise already escalating tensions between the two powers....

The Biden administration has aggressively moved to check China’s ability to further its technological and military ambitions, drawing fiery rebukes from Beijing. What U.S. officials view as China’s permissive stance toward the Russian invasion of Ukraine has also strained relations. But by far the most fraught issue between the two powers is Taiwan....

Lawmakers were swift to call for the Biden administration to forcefully counter any threat.

“China’s brazen disregard for U.S. sovereignty is a destabilizing action that must be addressed, and President Biden cannot be silent,” House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, Republican of California, said in a Twitter post.

In a joint statement, Representatives Mike Gallagher, Republican of Wisconsin, and Raja Krishnamoorthi, Democrat of Illinois, said, “The Chinese Communist Party should not have on-demand access to American airspace.” The two added that the incident showed that the China threat “is not confined to distant shores — it is here at home, and we must act to counter this threat.”

Source Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/02/us/politics/china-spy-balloon-pentagon.html

2. The Bible mentions many miracles that look like fairy tales from the Arabian Nights Entertainments such as the following:

(a) Samson was said to be so strong that he could lift up two mountains and rub them together like two clods of earth.

(b) The Red Sea was parted by Moses to allow Israelites to escape from the pursuing Egyptian army.

(c) The walls of Jericho fell after the Israelites marched around the city walls once a day for six days, seven times on the seventh day, and then blew their trumpets.

3. The war between Russia and Ukraine could last more than 781 years, a record now held by the Reconquista (Spanish for Reconquest), the longest war in history. The Russian invasion of Ukraine could end up as an attrition warfare. It is akin to a game or competition of burning piles and piles of money. If the war lasts more than 800 years, the whole of Ukraine will be reduced to dust, and its people will take generations of hard toil to rebuild the country and pay off the war debts.

In actuality, both countries are getting impatient and are eager to stop the war. However, both of them are faced with an agonizing dilemma because neither side could afford to be the loser to pay the political and economic costs of the war.

Hence it won't be surprising if there is a secret but frantic search in the Middle East for the lost magic manuals that could reveal the miracles of biblical times. Just imagine what would happen if the Russian leader got hold of a biblical magic manual. For example, he would be able to repeat Samson's feat by lifting up two Ukrainian mountains, such as Mount Hoverla and Mount Pikui, and rub them together like two clods of earth. His Ukrainian counterpart would be gazing in awe at his miracle and would surrender at once. There won't be any need for the Russian leader to resort to the use of a hypersonic nuclear missile to end the war in order to stop further bloodshed.

4. Similarly, there is no lack of exotic tales about supernatural powers in ancient China.

(a) For instance, there is a well-known folklore of a woman called Meng Jiangnu (Chinese: 孟姜女) crying under the Great Wall for three days and three nights without stopping after learning the death of her husband. Suddenly with a tremendous noise, a 400 kilometre-long (248-mile-long) section of the wall collapsed by the sound waves of her bitter wailing. And she found the corpse of her husband in the rubble.

(b) Zhuge Liang (Chinese: 诸葛亮) (181 – c.September 234), celebrated adviser to Liu Bei, founder of the Shu-Han dynasty (221–263/264), is one of the main characters of the "Romance of the Three Kingdoms", the great 14th-century Chinese historical novel. He is portrayed as being able to control the wind and foretell the future.

5. Now both political parties in America are caught up in Sinophobic hysteria. If they see four horsemen descending from the sky, they will allege them to be of Chinese origin. I hope that the so-called "spy balloon" really comes from China because it means that the Chinese government has finally found the magic manual of the Warring States period. To send a balloon all the way across the Pacific is no mean feat because the Chinese government needs to borrow the "west wind" to send it across the biggest ocean on earth. Just compare it with Zhuge Liang's legendary borrowing of "east wind" in the battle of Chibi.

6. Let us suppose that the so-called "spy balloon" was sent by China. It won't be surprising that the US regime and opposition lawmakers would be caught up in another Sinophobic hysteria if they see a giant kite flying above the White House. Just imagine that after shooting down the kite, they bring it to the "potato chip" gas-emitting White House incumbent.

So my imaginary tale continues: The US leader is shocked to hear a familiar voice coming from the kite: "Hello, how are you? Do you know who I am?"

"Yes," replied the White House incumbent. "You are the fella who always talks about 'don't play with fire'. But now you are flying a kite above my home. You are trespassing my territory!"

The voice replied: "Yes, I am still holding the other end of the string. My voice is travelling along the string all the way across the Pacific from the Chinese capital to you in the US capital. I don't have such a long hand to shake hand with you. That's why I have to use a kite to extend my country's goodwill to your country."

Additional Reference:

Last edited:
Werbung:
Back