Pentagons Robot Cheetah Outruns Usain Bolt

Werbung:
Impressive for a baby step, but still a very long way to go. Robotics, I fear, is suffering from the same sort intellectual anemia as cliimate science and other fields. I considered biomechanical robotics when I first started college at a time when the field was genuinely in its infancy and imagining great things for itself. Considering the number of decades that have passed since I went to school, that video clip doesn't represent much more than a disappointment to me. Considering the fact that it can't stand on its own and certainly doesn't posess the programming or mechanics to make a turn, it isn't much more than a fancy version of the little articulated stick men that we used to bounce on a flat stick when we were kids. Those little guys did a fair impression of dancing if you hit the stick right just like that thing does a pretty fair impression of running. Remove that boom sticking out of its right side and it probably couldn't go any further than a riderless bicycle. And how much money was spent on it?

Back