People Around the World Oppose Arming Syrian "Rebels"

Octoldit

LINK: http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/06/people-around-the-world-oppose-arming-syrian-rebels.html

Americans, Britons, French, Turks Oppose War Against Syria

A new Pew poll shows that 70% of Americans oppose arming the Syrian “rebels”. As the Washington Post notes:

Opposition in the Pew poll is actually higher than ever before in the two-year-old civil war. And that’s even as much of the poll was conducted after the White House announced Thursday that the Syrian government had crossed the “red line” and used chemical weapons.

But while the red line was significant to the White House, it doesn’t seem to have altered the perceptions of the American people.

(In fact, the weight of evidence shows that it was likely the rebels – not the Syrian government – which used chemical weapons. See this, this, this and this.)

Numerous other recent polls show that Americans on both sides of the aisle are opposed to war in Syria.

Likewise, the Herald Scotland reports:

More pressure has been piled on David Cameron with a poll showing most Britons are opposed to arming the Syrian rebels ….

The Comres survey showed only 17% of people supported the UK Government arming the Syrian opposition to the Assad regime but 53% were opposed.

Polls have consistently shown that the French people oppose arming the rebels. As do the Turks.

Public opposition won’t stop the war, of course. For example, the protests against the Iraq war were the largest protests in history. But the U.S. and its allies had reasons to invade, anyway.

And Americans were opposed to the “humanitarian” war in Libya … even before they learned that the U.S. and its allies had backed Al Qaeda to topple Gaddafi. But we went in anyway.

Likewise, Syria has long been on the list of countries which “need” regime change … whether or not the people want it.

Werbung:
I think most people are oppose to arming the rebels unless you can be sure they will not to Extremists.

LINK: http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/06/people-around-the-world-oppose-arming-syrian-rebels.html

A new Pew poll shows that 70% of Americans oppose arming the Syrian “rebels”. As the Washington Post notes:

Opposition in the Pew poll is actually higher than ever before in the two-year-old civil war. And that’s even as much of the poll was conducted after the White House announced Thursday that the Syrian government had crossed the “red line” and used chemical weapons.

But while the red line was significant to the White House, it doesn’t seem to have altered the perceptions of the American people.

(In fact, the weight of evidence shows that it was likely the rebels – not the Syrian government – which used chemical weapons. See this, this, this and this.)

Numerous other recent polls show that Americans on both sides of the aisle are opposed to war in Syria.

More pressure has been piled on David Cameron with a poll showing most Britons are opposed to arming the Syrian rebels ….

The Comres survey showed only 17% of people supported the UK Government arming the Syrian opposition to the Assad regime but 53% were opposed.

Polls have consistently shown that the French people oppose arming the rebels. As do the Turks.

Public opposition won’t stop the war, of course. For example, the protests against the Iraq war were the largest protests in history. But the U.S. and its allies had reasons to invade, anyway.

And Americans were opposed to the “humanitarian” war in Libya … even before they learned that the U.S. and its allies had backed Al Qaeda to topple Gaddafi. But we went in anyway.

Likewise, Syria has long been on the list of countries which “need” regime change … whether or not the people want it.

I think we should send Cameron and any other pro-Jihadist politicians to help the Saudis, armed with catapults, and refuse to engage in any negotiations until they are got rid of.

People around the world opposed invading Iraq too. Didn't stop it though.

People around the world opposed invading Iraq too. Didn't stop it though.
FYI, he already made that statement..."Public opposition won’t stop the war, of course. For example, the protests against the Iraq war were the largest protests in history. But the U.S. and its allies had reasons to invade, anyway."

Australians also oppose giving aid to the rebells. However this does not mean we support the Syrian Government. We want to retain neutral in the conflict and support all efforts in the UN to bring a cease fire.
Now that refugees are coming to other countries in record numbers the world is paying a price.

I think American government opinion has change since Iraq and no American government could now invade a Middle Eastern country.

because he signed up and agreed to the rules. same as you or I.

no one need agree with anyone else but that represents part of the entertainment value of these sorts of chat boards.
Entertainment it is then ....

Shall we discuss my knowledge of how to change a water pump on the space shuttle ....

I promise it will be entertaining ... ;)

Texas, I do not know what qualification you have. I have four University degrees. I have major in History. I feel well qualified to discuss world events. It may be entertaining to you for a liberal to comment on a conservative site. However my view is shared by most of the world.

If you want to talk about other things feel free to do so.

Texas, I do not know what qualification you have. I have four University degrees. I have major in History. I feel well qualified to discuss world events. It may be entertaining to you for a liberal to comment on a conservative site. However my view is shared by most of the world.

If you want to talk about other things feel free to do so.

and the very best sort of liberal poster. present your view and without the usual ill temper. thats why I scolded tex a little. would love to see more you you around.

Werbung:
Australians also oppose giving aid to the rebells. However this does not mean we support the Syrian Government. We want to retain neutral in the conflict and support all efforts in the UN to bring a cease fire.
Now that refugees are coming to other countries in record numbers the world is paying a price.

I think American government opinion has change since Iraq and no American government could now invade a Middle Eastern country.
Don't put anything past us....lol

Back