Ping Pong

Dr.Who

Ping Pong, full court shots, re-writing the play book, not playing the game, and fishing.

So what do I mean?

Ping pong is the game of scoring points against your political adversary by using the media to embarrass, expose, ridicule or otherwise play gotcha. a never ending game in which someone is always getting points and the media has stooped to scoring presidential campaigns openly along these lines rather than based on what a candidates platform is. Ping Pong may win people to your side in a debate but only until the next volley and presently the sportscasters are mostly on one side so overall it is a losing game for conservatives.

Full court shots, instead of sending ping pong balls back and forth basketballs are used. Of course a good heavy attack only comes along once a decade or so. And many are ignored by the sportscasters if they dont fit the agenda. Obamas lie might be a basketball but we just can't count on enough basketballs to win elections. Furthermore the media will so often tell people that the ping pong balls we drop are actually basketballs. conservatives lose this game.

Re-writing the play book. Need I say much more. The politically adept cab always get away with murder bu rigging the game.

Not playing the game. This is what my pastor does. he argues for Christian values and is not involved in politics. On the one hand he diminishes his power to effect positive change but on the other hand his message will not be discounted because it is seen as ping pong balls. As it just so happens people who tend to believe the Christian message also tend to reject the liberal one. I believe the two messages to be antithetical and perhaps the liberals do too explaining their attack on Christianity.

Fishing. This is IMO where the real change is made. This is what the communist did in our college campuses and they are indeed very influential. This is what we did in the Renaissance. This is where the thrust needs to be. Casting a vision is like casting a fishing pole. You put your ideas out there and see who bites. Few will but these few become disciples. But lets compare these results with the results of ping pong. When you volley the ping pong ball you may win half the points for a few moments. But when you teach a man to fish you have taught him for life. So go and be fishers of men and not just in the Christian sense. Tell truth and teach men how to understand truth. These underlying fundamentals will shape every thought they have afterward.

Carry a constitution with you (there is an app for your phone). learn the most basic arguments and skip who played what ping pong ball. When it comes to truth one must be able to discern a counterfeit from the real thing and if you can show people how marxism and other thought are counterfeit and how conservatism is truth you and we will carry the day decade.

Werbung:
The best "fishing" is involvement with youth groups. But with what they are being taught in school, it will be upstream all the way.

I think everyone get should try to get their clergy to understand that they are responsible for what is happening to our society.

The best "fishing" is involvement with youth groups. But with what they are being taught in school, it will be upstream all the way.

I think everyone get should try to get their clergy to understand that they are responsible for what is happening to our society.

I agree. But for clarification do you mean clergy should be politically active or understand the importance of their mission?

I agree. But for clarification do you mean clergy should be politically active or understand the importance of their mission?

Too many of our clergy have just "checked out" and become isolated from life at large. There is a huge voting conservative block that attends church regularly, yet the don't vote. They too shun politics.

I realize that some are afraid because of their tax free status, but in reality, how many churches actually make a profit on anything?

More churches should also be opening up their own schools or promoting homeschooling. They could do so much more for society and not just stay a closed up, uninvolved society.

I dont want churches being political. The pastors have far more important work to be done.

I sort of agree. In everyday life I would want pastors to be focused on the kingdom of heaven. But I am thinking there are times, like when Bonhoeffer spoke out, that require extraordinary elocution. We probably don't live in Bonhoeffer times so most pastors would probably remain silent even with encouragement to speak out. Some would and probably do no matter what.

No one said anything about clergy being political. Like preaching one party over another, but if they are worth their salt, there is a lot more they can do to lead their flocks in the right direction.

Werbung:
Back