Police Deaths Down?

Old_Trapper70

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/17/donald-trump-lies-police-clinton-emails

Trump’s claim is only one slice of a much larger story that does not support his argument. His campaign cited data from the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF), which does show a 56% increase in officers killed by guns between 1 January and 16 July 2016 (28) compared with the same span in 2015 (18). But according to the not-for-profit group, officer deaths overall, including from traffic accidents and job-related illnesses, are roughly on par with figures from this point in 2015: 60 deaths this year to 61 the year before.

The NLEOMF data also shows that police fatalities overall have declined in the last 15 years: the last seven years of Barack Obama’s presidency saw an average of 135 police deaths, a 17% decline on the final seven years of George W Bush’s administration, which saw an average of 162 a year. Gun deaths have declined, though only slightly, between the administrations. Police fatalities have in general declined in the last 40 years: from 1991 to 2000, an average of 162 officers were killed each year; from 1981 to 1990, an average of 186; from 1971 to 1980, an average of 230.

Last edited:
Werbung:
If police deaths are down, it's because police officers don't get out of their cars anymore.

That's more right wing *********. Hell, they have even been shot in their cars.

BTW, how much news have you heard about another unarmed Black teen being killed by police? Shot in the back as he was running away. Also, did you happen to notice that more civilians have been killed by police this year then any time in history? Some deserved it, most did not:

http://killedbypolice.net/

There will always be some deaths in the police force, just as there will always be casualties in the military. The only way to prevent the situation would be to employ robotic soldiers and cops, which might be a future trend. Otherwise, I don't know how we could possibly lower police casualties from where they are now.

Nonetheless, now we have crazy people shooting cops simply cause they hate police. I don't know how we could stop that situation anymore than we can stop school shooters.

Werbung:
There will always be some deaths in the police force, just as there will always be casualties in the military. The only way to prevent the situation would be to employ robotic soldiers and cops, which might be a future trend. Otherwise, I don't know how we could possibly lower police casualties from where they are now.

Nonetheless, now we have crazy people shooting cops simply cause they hate police. I don't know how we could stop that situation anymore than we can stop school shooters.

Keeping guns out of the hands of crazy people, and fixing the justice system, would be two good ways to start.

Back