Poll: Percentage of Americans Identifying As Republican Has Dropped Since Trump Won

PLC1

Staff member
Poll: Percentage of Americans Identifying As Republican Has Dropped Since Trump Won

The percentage of Americans who consider themselves Republican or lean that way has dropped since Donald Trump was elected president, a Gallup poll found. Those identifying with the Democratic Party have held steady.

The percentage of people who identify as or lean Republican has fallen 5 points from 42 percent of the population to 37 percent, according to the poll comparing November 2016 with November 2017, which was released last week. The percentage of voters identifying as Democratic has remained at 44 percent.

Surprised?

Me neither.

Werbung:
but it it is changing. The number of Republicans is going down. That's a change.
What's changing? Semantics mainly.
They won't start voting donkey. They m at demand more conservative and less Republican candidates. Consider ultimate establishment Ed Gillespie losing in VA, too Republican, not conservative. Refused to align with Trump. Lost.

What's changing? Semantics mainly.
They won't start voting donkey. They m at demand more conservative and less Republican candidates. Consider ultimate establishment Ed Gillespie losing in VA, too Republican, not conservative. Refused to align with Trump. Lost.
or, maybe, just maybe, since this trend has happened since Trump was elected, not aligning with Trump could be the ticket to success for future Republican candidates for office.

or, maybe, just maybe, since this trend has happened since Trump was elected, not aligning with Trump could be the ticket to success for future Republican candidates for office.
Anything is possible I suppose. But not Trump lost big producing President Trump and goo is seen as obstructionist with the donkeys.

Umm... huh????

The defeat of Moore could be just the start of a big defeat of people Trump supports.
It could. Or perhaps Roy was a bad idea. We will see what happens there when the normal election comes around.
One thing for sure, "me too" had quite a few unintended consequences. At l east Franken is gone it was probably worth it just for that.
Wonder what's next in the dirty tricks game ?

"Anything is possible I suppose. But not Trump lost big producing President Trump and goo is seen as obstructionist with the donkeys."

Someone seems quite upset and about to lose his cool. . .to the point of making a post that is almost as legible as a tweet from a drunken Roy Moore! ;)

So funny! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It could. Or perhaps Roy was a bad idea. We will see what happens there when the normal election comes around.
One thing for sure, "me too" had quite a few unintended consequences. At l east Franken is gone it was probably worth it just for that.
Wonder what's next in the dirty tricks game ?

Moore was representative of the Repugnant Party as a whole, and you are demonstrative of the lack of intelligence on the part of the far right. Pseudo-christians like you are what Christ cried over. However, tell me just how clean the right wing you support is. No "dirty tricks", or lies, there right? Just good ol boys having fun grabbing womens crotches, lying about other mens wives, and the list goes on. Of course, to the right wing instead of getting on ones knees asking for forgiveness it is required that they tell at least one lie before eating breakfast.

One of your kind tried to tell me that Trump was chosen by God, and even was so ignorant of scripture that he cited Romans 13: 1-3 to try and support his ignorance:

Romans 13:1-3 "Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves."

Can you in your baby knowledge of scripture see his error? Was he supporting the "Divine Right Of Kings" ideology?

The party in power generally will struggle in the midterm - but there are some silver linings. Now that Republicans actually passed something (Tax Reform) I think things look better for them going into next year - partially because the map looks decent for them to begin with (barring a wave year) and partially because I think the majority of the country is going to ultimately see higher paychecks and will be happy about it.

I predict tax reform ultimately is fairly popular - and Republicans will have a big political issue going into the midterms to hang around the Democrats neck that literally 100% of them opposed the concept (and frankly outright lied about the impact for ordinary people).

The party in power generally will struggle in the midterm - but there are some silver linings. Now that Republicans actually passed something (Tax Reform) I think things look better for them going into next year - partially because the map looks decent for them to begin with (barring a wave year) and partially because I think the majority of the country is going to ultimately see higher paychecks and will be happy about it.

I predict tax reform ultimately is fairly popular - and Republicans will have a big political issue going into the midterms to hang around the Democrats neck that literally 100% of them opposed the concept (and frankly outright lied about the impact for ordinary people).
I think you may be right, the tax bill will be a plus for Republicans in '18. After all, people like tax cuts, and who cares about the deficit anyway?

I think you may be right, the tax bill will be a plus for Republicans in '18. After all, people like tax cuts, and who cares about the deficit anyway?

I do not recall hearing that the deficit was the reason Democrats opposed the bill - and to their credit it would be comical on its face to hear them make such an argument after spending the last 8 years adding almost $10 trillion in debt to our current fiscal situation.

That said, I think tax reform will ultimately be popular and I hope Republicans shove it down the throats of Donnelly, Manchin, McCaskill, and Heitkamp.

Werbung:
I do not recall hearing that the deficit was the reason Democrats opposed the bill - and to their credit it would be comical on its face to hear them make such an argument after spending the last 8 years adding almost $10 trillion in debt to our current fiscal situation.

That said, I think tax reform will ultimately be popular and I hope Republicans shove it down the throats of Donnelly, Manchin, McCaskill, and Heitkamp.
Are you better off than you were a year ago ?
Demonstrably so. All the donkeys ever produced were disappointments.

Back