Polls: Obama wins debate

Popeye

I thought both candidates did all right, the pundits were somewhat split but as David Gergen said...McCain needed a "clear victory" something he didn't get. In fact looking at these polls, Obama gets the nod.

CBS Insta Poll shows Barack Obama won 39% to John McCain's 25% with 36% saying the debate was a draw.

Insider Advantage reports those polled Obama won 42% to McCain's 41% with Undecided 17%

CNN reports voter opinions that Obama "did better" 51%, McCain "did better" 38%

The CNN poll showed men were evenly split, but women gave Obama higher marks 59% to 41% for McCain.

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/2208

Werbung:
Number FIVE!!! :)

worlds-worst-jobs-1.jpg

Something stinks.... :rolleyes:

I thought both candidates did all right, the pundits were somewhat split but as David Gergen said...McCain needed a "clear victory" something he didn't get. In fact looking at these polls, Obama gets the nod.

CBS Insta Poll shows Barack Obama won 39% to John McCain's 25% with 36% saying the debate was a draw.

Insider Advantage reports those polled Obama won 42% to McCain's 41% with Undecided 17%

CNN reports voter opinions that Obama "did better" 51%, McCain "did better" 38%

The CNN poll showed men were evenly split, but women gave Obama higher marks 59% to 41% for McCain.

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/2208

you did not mention fox, they did an IM vote and McCain won 84 Obama 14 undecided 1

You may not like to admit it or agree with it but Fox has just about as many dems as they do repubs watching and a fair ammount of indies.

the stations you mentioned are Overwhelmingly dems and libs watching.

You may not like to admit it or agree with it but Fox has just about as many dems as they do repubs watching and a fair ammount of indies.

Not to mention, a much larger viewing audience.

you did not mention fox, they did an IM vote and McCain won 84 Obama 14 undecided 1

the stations you mentioned are Overwhelmingly dems and libs watching.

BS, a poll taken last month by Rasmussen showed that 87% of Faux News viewers plan to vote for McCain. Yet you claim that Faux has just as many Democrats watching ?....sure.

and another thing I thought of was the only way to vote was text messaging.

I voted, and it was my first text message. How many older republicans who watch but dont have a cell phone to have been able to vote.

"I think Barack Obama came out and looked comfortable and as though he belonged there. So, in a sense, the structure of the debate, indeed, the fact of the debate had to give a mild leg up to Barack Obama."

~ George Will

"I think Barack Obama came out and looked comfortable and as though he belonged there. So, in a sense, the structure of the debate, indeed, the fact of the debate had to give a mild leg up to Barack Obama."

~ George Will

I saw way more wierd faces and fustration than I normally see in Obama
but maybe fox news just showed us something others were not?

what channel did you watch it on and did it have split screen?

I saw way more wierd faces and fustration than I normally see in Obama
but maybe fox news just showed us something others were not?

what channel did you watch it on and did it have split screen?

I switched between all 3 cable channels...CNN, MSNBC, and Fox. Yeah, I saw some split screen stuff...I saw Obama smile once or twice when McCain was skirting the truth. Overall, I thought McCain came across angry and condescending, while Obama looked presidential..in control, calm and intelligent.

I switched between all 3 cable channels...CNN, MSNBC, and Fox. Yeah, I saw some split screen stuff...I saw Obama smile once or twice when McCain was skirting the truth. Overall, I thought McCain came across angry and condescending, while Obama looked presidential..in control, calm and intelligent.

It is so funny that two people can look at the same thing and see something differnt.

Did you like Obama's answer when asked what programs would he cut now that we are going to be paying this bail out?

I think you may have just defined human history.

well we should figure out how to see more clear (all of us)

Looking back at the debate, the only point that I felt Obama out did McCain was when he went on that list of (you were wrong's) It was clearly Obama's favorite part too, its the only clip on his website about it, or was this AM.

I think the rest of the debate either McCain did better or they did equal. That one line of Obama's was pretty powerful so I think it ended as a tie.

Everyone says Obama won on Economy, I think he did poor there, he couldnt even answer one single thing he would cut.... he just went on about the stuff he wouldnt cut. McCain named a number of things.

Now that's interesting. At which point did McCain 'skirt the truth' as you claim?

Werbung:

I honestly felt Obama looked comfortable, but detatched. He said nothing substantive and alot to "sound and look" the part.

I think Mccain's comment,

"it's one thing to talk the talk and another to walk the walk", is pretty relevant in Mr. Obama's case. Grand promises, no specific's..

Back