Pregnancy from rape is God's intent

PLC1

Staff member
according to this senate hopeful, at least:

Mourdock, Indiana's state treasurer, said Tuesday during a debate against Democratic Rep. Joe Donnelly that when a woman becomes pregnant during rape "that it is something God intended."
Asked whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest, Mourdock said, "I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Perhaps if the woman is able to will her body to reject the pregnancy, as we all know happens in a legitimate rape, then the will of God is being thwarted.

Werbung:
according to this senate hopeful, at least:

Perhaps if the woman is able to will her body to reject the pregnancy, as we all know happens in a legitimate rape, then the will of God is being thwarted.
I see how you took it and I am not surprised . But the second I heard about this I understood exactly what he meant.

Life is not a mistake, life is not an accident. Life is an intentional creation by God. A couple trying hard every day to get pregnant and conceiving is no different than a single 17 year old girl doing it for the first time without protection and getting pregnant or a woman who was raped.

The end result is a life, and a believer in God generally believes that something as important as life is not a mistake but instead every life is given to us by the Creator.

I don’t know why that is hard for you to understand or if you did understand it but jumped on a chance to attack a republican candidate.

But I assure you that all he meant was life is special, important and valuable no matter the circumstances of how that life was conceived.

I agree with him totally but I also believe the same rule applies to death. Death isnt going to happen till its right time. You can eat right, jog and take vitamins but if you are meant to die at 31 you are going to die at 31 and if you were meant to live to be 100 then it doesn’t matter if you smoke cigars every day, you are living till the Creator is ready for you.

Though I think you can affect the quality of the life you have based on your choices, you cannot prolong it.

I see how you took it and I am not surprised . But the second I heard about this I understood exactly what he meant.

Life is not a mistake, life is not an accident. Life is an intentional creation by God. A couple trying hard every day to get pregnant and conceiving is no different than a single 17 year old girl doing it for the first time without protection and getting pregnant or a woman who was raped.

The end result is a life, and a believer in God generally believes that something as important as life is not a mistake but instead every life is given to us by the Creator.

I don’t know why that is hard for you to understand or if you did understand it but jumped on a chance to attack a republican candidate.

But I assure you that all he meant was life is special, important and valuable no matter the circumstances of how that life was conceived.

I agree with him totally but I also believe the same rule applies to death. Death isnt going to happen till its right time. You can eat right, jog and take vitamins but if you are meant to die at 31 you are going to die at 31 and if you were meant to live to be 100 then it doesn’t matter if you smoke cigars every day, you are living till the Creator is ready for you.

Though I think you can affect the quality of the life you have based on your choices, you cannot prolong it.

So, if you were the victim of rape, you wouldn't take the morning after pill, but would welcome the resulting pregnancy as a new life and god's will.

Really?

the question is do you trust God or not.
Of course. If you trust god, then you will accept the pregnancy that resulted from rape, raise the child praising god that the rapist gave you this wonderful opportunity, and not try to thwart the will of t he almighty by taking a morning after pill.

And, if you stand in the path of god's hurricane, you will trust in him that everything that happens is god's will, and won't try to get out of the way.

Of course. If you trust god, then you will accept the pregnancy that resulted from rape, raise the child praising god that the rapist gave you this wonderful opportunity, and not try to thwart the will of t he almighty by taking a morning after pill.

And, if you stand in the path of god's hurricane, you will trust in him that everything that happens is god's will, and won't try to get out of the way.

kind of weak.
you can always place the child up for adoption.
stuff can fall on you and kill you every day of the year. so you take reasonable precautions and accept that if its your time to go then go you shall.

kind of weak.
you can always place the child up for adoption.
stuff can fall on you and kill you every day of the year. so you take reasonable precautions and accept that if its your time to go then go you shall.
What, give away a gift from god?
and, if stuff falls on you, that must be god's will too.

there is no rule that a gift is exclusively yours. that lovely sunset is lovely to all who see it right ?

if its your time, its your time.
I'd be willing to bet that a woman in labor is not experiencing the same thing as a person viewing a perfect sunset, but, then, I could be wrong, never having been in labor myself.

and yes, when it's your time, it's your time. Still, I'll play t he odds by keeping my seat belt on, getting out of the way of that hurricane, and in short, making my death or serious injury less likely to be the will of god.

I'd be willing to bet that a woman in labor is not experiencing the same thing as a person viewing a perfect sunset, but, then, I could be wrong, never having been in labor myself.

it never fails to amaze me that women have more than one child but I'm told that the "bad" aspects just don't remain in the memory. I sort of understand as all I remember seeing of my kid (a C-Section so a bit more vivid that a vaginal delivery) was not the surrounding scene but my beautiful child. I was pretty surprised when pictures shiwed a very different scene than my mind had.

and yes, when it's your time, it's your time. Still, I'll play t he odds by keeping my seat belt on, getting out of the way of that hurricane, and in short, making my death or serious injury less likely to be the will of god.

Noone said common sense was a bad idea.

So, if you were the victim of rape, you wouldn't take the morning after pill, but would welcome the resulting pregnancy as a new life and god's will.

Really?
When I was in my early 20’s I was raped and I did get pregnant. I was frantic, had no idea what to do. Went to Planned Parenthood to confirm I was pregnant and was offered one choice, the name of the doctor to give the abortion.

Looking back I know had I been presented with another option I would have taken it. I was not in any state of mind to think, I just trusted in what I was told and I had the abortion. I am not saying that is how it is for every woman, but it was for me.

It still haunts me on a regular basis. But in short, yeah... A life is a life. However it came to be... On purpose or by mistake or even by force. One life is as valuable as another life.

I am not saying a woman should have to raise a kid that was a product of rape, there is always adoption. I even understand why a woman would have an abortion in a case like that. But we are still talking about a human life regardless of how it was conceived.

I am guessing you have never had an abortion so you cannot possibly know how someone like me feels. But really it is a haunting thing. For years I would see girls (never boys for some reason) and think, she would be about that age now if I had not done what I did.

Really though I guess I don’t think she probably would have because as complicated as it is to explain. If that baby was meant to be here I would not have been able to make the choice I did. Life and death are out of our hands. I probably would have ended up having a miscarriage or something I am guessing or a stillborn child. But that doesn’t make the hurt any less really since I am the one who made the choice I did.

My own existence is a good example. My mother did not want me, I was the 6th child and she didn’t even want the ones she had.

She told me that when she found out she was pregnant with me (before abortion was legal) she tried to miscarry me by jumping onto my brothers tonka trucks hitting her belly but I came anyways (fist first I am told)

Werbung:
Thanks for sharing that Pandora, it's important for people to hear that. There are millions of women out there who later on regret the choice they made because of being afraid at the time. I know I would feel the same as you. Men think just because women can "get rid of it" that that is the end of it. For some the emotional part of that decision lasts a lifetime and they always wonder "if".

Back