Prejudice Against Country Music

Jason76

Are people who dislike new country music prejudiced against country people? Some of the new country isn't corny redneck songs or sentimental crap. Actually, it's quite progressive. I figure a lot of people are too closed minded to listen to country music, which at least here in Eastern Tennessee, sounds better than any new rock you'd hear on the radio.

Werbung:
New country is largely pop with a fiddle or banjo. Some of it as is some pop is fine. Most of both is boring.
This us, of course, my opinion. Bob Dylan doesn't seem to care for any of it.
People who don't like country people are not likely to like that music but I'm having trouble connecting the dots.

No super groups because there are too many new distractions for kids in the Internet.

Basically, your saying kids have so much on their mind that worshipping celebrities has lost it's appeal. Can you explain your statement in more detail? Maybe kids worship celebrities less cause the net gives kids a real chance to be famous themselves.

Basically, your saying kids have so much on their mind that worshipping celebrities has lost it's appeal. Can you explain your statement in more detail? Maybe kids worship celebrities less cause the net gives kids a real chance to be famous themselves.
No. Call of Duty, online poker, facebook, instagram, every tv show or movie ever made on demand, you tube...
I could go on and on

While I think music itself is still popular, I just don't think that people get too fanatical about anything these days, and especially not bands like they used to.

Maybe that's been in decline for a number of years though and when you look at news coverage from the 60's and people fainting at the site of The Beatles or Elvis, compare that to decades since then, and things have changed quite a lot.

I just don't think that people get too fanatical about anything these days, and especially not bands like they used to.

The situation mainly exists because the music is so bland. There doesn't seem to be any real creativity these days. Perhaps the problem is the bands are not fanatical about anything these days.

The situation mainly exists because the music is so bland. There doesn't seem to be any real creativity these days. Perhaps the problem is the bands are not fanatical about anything these days.
Looking in the wrong places. Kids still get wound up. You should see the kid down the street at a Cage the Elephant show she pOster on facebook.

Werbung:
YouTube and Facebook are definitely ways to become famous these days. However, the public isn't dumb. Anyone can put stuff out, but only the best stuff becomes famous.

Back