Present-Day Health-Care = Servitude To The 1%ers

Mr. Shaman

That'd be the "magic" o' present-day health-care.

As-long-as we maintain the Status Quo, the Health-Insurance Industry faces ZERO-competitors....and, the 1%ers ALSO maintain a Zero-Competition environment!!!

"In 2009, the average employer-sponsored health-care plan cost a bit less than $13,500. But virtually no one cut a check for $13,500. Employers generally pay more than 70 percent of their employees' health-care costs. To employees, that seems like a good deal, particularly given how fast costs are growing. A "benefit," as it's called.

But health-care coverage is not a benefit. It's a wage deduction. When premium costs go up, wages go down. When premium costs go down, wages go up.

Perhaps the easiest way to dramatize the issue for workers would be to attach health-care costs to each paycheck. If employers listed the cost of health care alongside the bite taken by payroll taxes, it would be much clearer to workers that health-care coverage was coming out of their wages, not out of their employer's largess. That, at least, could help them see the costs of the system more clearly, which is, unfortunately, something that all the congressional debate isn't helping anyone do."
Sorry, Tea-Baggers & Town-Hall screamers. I didn't mean to make your head hurt.​

Werbung:
That'd be the "magic" o' present-day health-care.

As-long-as we maintain the Status Quo, the Health-Insurance Industry faces ZERO-competitors....and, the 1%ers ALSO maintain a Zero-Competition environment!!!

Sorry, Tea-Baggers & Town-Hall screamers. I didn't mean to make your head hurt.​

That actuly would be a good idea for people see what the real costs are. going off that alone, shows me blue cross has got a total of more then 13,000 from my plan total ( going on average) my total back so far, not much I had a eye exam thats it. to be fair I am single with no kids, so my costs are most likey lower...but still.

nice thing about a company paying , is iit pools up alot of people maybe to get more buying power...drawback is, people don't know the real cost of what they are getting. It would be intersting to see the goverment offer a health care plan...and have all companires stop paying for there plans and just give the employee the money from it...and see how fast the rates drop for private companies .....even if the goverment one was run as a seperate non profit, no money for the poor to help costs counted ( though I would support this of course) but just to see what happens

Why should employers be responsible in the first place. That was a ludicrous way for health care to go. I know it was done a long time ago.

Health Insurance needs to belong to the individual and un-hinged from the employer. However, you don't see that in either of the new bill.

It would make sense though. But then again, things that make sense is not something that this administration cares about.

Why should employers be responsible in the first place. That was a ludicrous way for health care to go. I know it was done a long time ago.

Health Insurance needs to belong to the individual and un-hinged from the employer. However, you don't see that in either of the new bill.

It would make sense though. But then again, things that make sense is not something that this administration cares about.
Sooooooooo.....how SOON will you be telling your employer "Thanks, but No Thanks!"....and, take-out your own (comparable) $13,500/yr. policy????

:rolleyes:

I am self employed. I pay my own health care a for me and my family and it is less than 13k per yr.

I love, though, how you side stepped the fact the the dems health care plans do nothing to take health care out of the hands of employers.

We don't get our car insurance thru work, or homeowners insurance thru work. So why health insurance?

I am self employed. I pay my own health care a for me and my family and it is less than 13k per yr.

I love, though, how you side stepped the fact the the dems health care plans do nothing to take health care out of the hands of employers.
....And, "conservatives" couldn't be happier.....until:​

"Most people who receive employer-based health insurance will either be paying more for the same plan or be offered a plan that shifts more costs on to them.

It's understandable that those who have insurance from their employers are concerned about reform and what they might lose. But those who expect to hold on to the same employer-provided health benefits at the same cost are living on a prayer."

Werbung:
Back