Progressives war on religion

Dr.Who

In case you have been in borneo and don't know it - the progressives of this country have largely become anti-theists and they are waging a war on religion.

The standard tactic is to take every secular opportunity to make it harder for private citizens to practice their religion - mush like the tactics in the war on guns. No beuracratic rule is too small or too unrelated to be wielded as a weapon.

So what is the newest attack? Its not even that it is new - it is that the scope of it is so large that should they win they will have assumed the power to regulate every aspect of religious life in America.

IN a world of widening and often ridiculous concepts of discrimination the line between religious freedoms and discriminatory policies has been intentionally blurred in an attempt to drive religion from the market. If progressives had their way you could practice whatever religion you wanted as long as you did it in the privacy of your own bedroom, er, I mean closet, er, I mean basement, well you get the point.

I admit I find it hard to balance real issues of discrimination from real issues of religious freedom but in this case it is easy to see the truth.

For a long time churches were allowed to hire whoever they thought best for religious positions but were required to use secular standards in the hiring of non-religious positions. The line was often crossed by those persecuting churches in making sure that they used secular principles in hiring for what are marginally secular positions.

But today the present administration filled with anti-theists at every level is fighting the battle to allow the courts to decide on every matter of faith. The courts could decide if the Catholic church was in error for not hiring the Jehova's Witness as a priest. The courts could decide if the curriculum of a religious school required a teacher who understood that religion or not - and they would make that decision despite the likelihood of having no understanding itself. The courts would decide if internal complaints were brought to the elders or brought to a secular court...the potential list is endless. Churches that stood firm without compromising their principles would be shut out of public life at best, forced to close their doors on average, and their members jailed at worst. Churches that caved would cease to resemble churches at all.

The progressive administration could have demonstrated itself to be a pluralistic minded movement but instead choose to take an aggressive stand never before seen on these shores by arguing in court that churches do not get to choose their own leadership or members.

Link to article here:
http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/05/a-religious-clash/

Werbung:
In case you have been in borneo and don't know it - the progressives of this country have largely become anti-theists and they are waging a war on religion.

Ok... Examples?

The standard tactic is to take every secular opportunity to make it harder for private citizens to practice their religion - mush[sic] like the tactics in the war on guns. No beuracratic rule is too small or too unrelated to be wielded as a weapon.
So you need permit to wield a religion?:rolleyes:

So what is the newest attack?
Some people aren't Christians?

Its not even that it is new - it is that the scope of it is so large that should they win they will have assumed the power to regulate every aspect of religious life in America.
Examples evidence supporting links?

IN a world of widening and often ridiculous concepts of discrimination the line between religious freedoms and discriminatory policies has been intentionally blurred in an attempt to drive religion from the market. If progressives had their way you could practice whatever religion you wanted as long as you did it in the privacy of your own bedroom, er, I mean closet, er, I mean basement, well you get the point.

I admit I find it hard to balance real issues of discrimination from real issues of religious freedom but in this case it is easy to see the truth.

Supporting fact/details?!?!?

For a long time churches were allowed to hire whoever they thought best for religious positions but were required to use secular standards in the hiring of non-religious positions.
What secular standards? Like you cant be a convicted pedophile to be ordained as a minister? Those sort of secular rules?

The line was often crossed by those persecuting churches in making sure that they used secular principles in hiring for what are marginally secular positions.

You are being vague again. What positions What principles?

But today the present administration filled with anti-theists at every level is fighting the battle to allow the courts to decide on every matter of faith.

You do realize that elected officials are almost entirely theists... In fact the sure fire way to throw an election is to publicly claim you lack the belief in deities.

The courts could decide if the Catholic church was in error for not hiring the Jehova's Witness as a priest.
Care to support that assertion? I can make baseless assertions all day long but that doesnt prove a bloody thing.

The courts could decide if the curriculum of a religious school required a teacher who understood that religion or not - and they would make that decision despite the likelihood of having no understanding itself.
Speak the Queen's English please, this is incoherent rambling.

The courts would decide if internal complaints were brought to the elders or brought to a secular court...the potential list is endless. Churches that stood firm without compromising their principles would be shut out of public life at best, forced to close their doors on average, and their members jailed at worst. Churches that caved would cease to resemble churches at all.

Im sorry but supporting details... Evidence of this happening in real life?

The progressive administration could have demonstrated itself to be a pluralistic minded movement but instead choose to take an aggressive stand never before seen on these shores by arguing in court that churches do not get to choose their own leadership or members.

Link to article here:
http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/05/a-religious-clash/

So what have we gained from the experience other than a fantastic insight about your persecution complex?

I hate to say it but... You're wrong. Progressivism is a cancer thats infected every aspect of life. Most easily infected are those people and institutions that have an Altruistic foundation on the principle of self sacrifice for the greater good. Progressives are actively embracing Christianity, and all religion, in order to indoctrinate theists in the Progressive ideology. For example, they have been very successful in pushing Social Justice into the churches.

Social justice is based on the concepts of human rights and equality and involves a greater degree of economic egalitarianism through progressive taxation, income redistribution, or even property redistribution. These policies aim to achieve what developmental economists refer to as more equality of opportunity than may currently exist in some societies, and to manufacture equality of outcome in cases where incidental inequalities appear in a procedurally just system.
By totally ignoring the concept of free will and carefully selecting segments of the bible as proof that Jesus would have been considered a Progressive, the ideology spreads through the religious community.

The Rise of Progressive Religious Activists
By Valerie Shen, Sally Steenland | October 1, 2009

Progressive religious activists have grown in size and clout over the past four years. Faith groups across the country have gained attention for their work on issues ranging from poverty and the environment to health care and torture. They have organized congregations, trained leaders, created strategic messages, and sought common ground. In so doing, they have challenged the decades-long monopoly that conservative religious activists have held in the public square, as well as the perception that the “religious view” on policy issues is automatically a conservative one.

Far from being anti-theists, they actively promote religion but only in it's most Progressive form and only when that religion, its followers, its money, is used to promote the Progressive agenda. Their attacks on the "religious right" are just that, an attack against people, churches, and religions that aren't promoting a Progressive agenda.

Red Faith/Blue Faith? Religion in the 2008 Election and Beyond
November 7, 2008

It has been used both as a divisive weapon and as a force that unites and inspires. Since 2004, the face of religion has changed dramatically across the country. The values debate is broader, the religious right is weaker, and a diversity of faith communities has gained visibility and strength.

These articles were pulled from the Center for American Progress, where the biggest names in the Progressive cabal can be found. I recommed you read some of the articles on their site about religion:

http://www.americanprogress.org/publicsearch/?text=religion

I have tried to warn my Christian and Conservative friends that saying our rights come from God is a losing argument and continuing to make that argument is backfiring on you. The Progressives found a way to reach people who believe that our rights come from God, by infecting the church with their insidious ideology. They are using the teachings of Christ to convince Christians that, as good Christians, it's their moral responsibility to empower government to impose the Progressive ideology on the entire nation. What's ironic is the fact that these same people attack Conservatives as being theocrats while demanding that government use it's monopoly on the legal use of force to obliterate free will and bring the actions of the population in line with their ideology.

I have to leave quickly and am hoping to get through my cp before I go. If I fail to respond to a post here in the future let me know.

I hate to say it but... You're wrong. Progressivism is a cancer thats infected every aspect of life. Most easily infected are those people and institutions that have an Altruistic foundation on the principle of self sacrifice for the greater good. Progressives are actively embracing Christianity, and all religion, in order to indoctrinate theists in the Progressive ideology. For example, they have been very successful in pushing Social Justice into the churches.

Social justice is based on the concepts of human rights and equality and involves a greater degree of economic egalitarianism through progressive taxation, income redistribution, or even property redistribution. These policies aim to achieve what developmental economists refer to as more equality of opportunity than may currently exist in some societies, and to manufacture equality of outcome in cases where incidental inequalities appear in a procedurally just system.
By totally ignoring the concept of free will and carefully selecting segments of the bible as proof that Jesus would have been considered a Progressive, the ideology spreads through the religious community.

The Rise of Progressive Religious Activists
By Valerie Shen, Sally Steenland | October 1, 2009

Progressive religious activists have grown in size and clout over the past four years. Faith groups across the country have gained attention for their work on issues ranging from poverty and the environment to health care and torture. They have organized congregations, trained leaders, created strategic messages, and sought common ground. In so doing, they have challenged the decades-long monopoly that conservative religious activists have held in the public square, as well as the perception that the “religious view” on policy issues is automatically a conservative one.

Far from being anti-theists, they actively promote religion but only in it's most Progressive form and only when that religion, its followers, its money, is used to promote the Progressive agenda. Their attacks on the "religious right" are just that, an attack against people, churches, and religions that aren't promoting a Progressive agenda.

Red Faith/Blue Faith? Religion in the 2008 Election and Beyond
November 7, 2008

It has been used both as a divisive weapon and as a force that unites and inspires. Since 2004, the face of religion has changed dramatically across the country. The values debate is broader, the religious right is weaker, and a diversity of faith communities has gained visibility and strength.

These articles were pulled from the Center for American Progress, where the biggest names in the Progressive cabal can be found. I recommed you read some of the articles on their site about religion:

http://www.americanprogress.org/publicsearch/?text=religion

I have tried to warn my Christian and Conservative friends that saying our rights come from God is a losing argument and continuing to make that argument is backfiring on you. The Progressives found a way to reach people who believe that our rights come from God, by infecting the church with their insidious ideology. They are using the teachings of Christ to convince Christians that, as good Christians, it's their moral responsibility to empower government to impose the Progressive ideology on the entire nation. What's ironic is the fact that these same people attack Conservatives as being theocrats while demanding that government use it's monopoly on the legal use of force to obliterate free will and bring the actions of the population in line with their ideology.

I think that all argument that "progressive try to kill religion" is ridiculous!

Actually, after watching the "value" conference yesterday, and hearing the absolutely narrow minded, insensitive, ridiculous paster of a 10,000 member evangelical pasteur in Dallas. . .I am pretty sure that the extreme religious right is doing a pretty good job destroying EVERY religion. . . but especially theirs!

This guy was so proud to have his two minutes of fame on TV, proclaming that "Mormon Church is a cult, and that they are not Christians!"

And all that to make Romney look bad, to entice people who "think as themselves as Christians" NOT to vote for a Mormon because it would "give credence to a CULT!"

Sorry, I think it is laughable to think that some people on the right believe that progressive are "destroying" religion!!!!

:rolleyes::D:D

This guy was so proud to have his two minutes of fame on TV, proclaming that "Mormon Church is a cult, and that they are not Christians!"

Nothing new with this line of attack. The LDS has been hearing it from the start, kinda why they would up in Utah which at the time was considered to be totally God forsaken real estate. Similer attacks are directed at the RCC, Pentecostals and quite a lot of otherfs inbetween.

At the end of the day its only God who's going to be determining who is Christian or not. But as to cult status, LDS does not seem to be one at least in the sense that loss of its leader collapses the cult. They're still around many generations later.

This pastor marginalizes himself with these words. But they've been doing this forever.

Originally Posted by Dr.Who View Post
Ok... Examples?

Like the OP. Did you read it?

Like the case in Cal where a couple needs a permit to have a home bible study because they are having more than three people attend and it is a church.

Like the case of the professor who the hiring committee said was the most qualified for the job but was not offered the job because the committee felt that his religion would conflict.

Student lead prayer in school, students wearing a cross, groups that want to meet in a school building after hours, the boy scouts and their admission standards, people who merely want to say they believe homosexuality is a sin...

The list could be endless.

So you need permit to wield a religion?:rolleyes:

In California if you want to meet in your home you do (whatever happened to freedom of association and the right to assembly?) In fact in every state of the union if you are a church and you want to not pay taxes as the constitution allows then you need a permit to prove that you are a non for profit. So yes you absolutely need a permit. It will be claimed that you have those rights but not unless you have the permit - imagine what would happen if the gov said you needed a permit to be gay.

Werbung:
Its not even that it is new - it is that the scope of it is so large that should they win they will have assumed the power to regulate every aspect of religious life in America.

Again, did you read the op?

If the court case in question is decided the wrong way the courts will be the ones who have the power to decide what a religious group means by its own rules and how those rules should be applied.

Back