Prosecution For Torture; World's Opinion

Mr. Shaman

"You people who make apologies for the torturers and their bosses are utterly disgusting. "Only following orders", "They are all terrorists". If this is the kind of values CIA was defending, I'm not surprised at their evil methods.

In the words of Benjamin Franklin: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Mikko Rintasaari, Turku, Finland

"Does an abusive husband need to be punished? He is only hitting his wife for her own good and stop an argument.

Does a militant using violence need to be punished? He is is only fighting for his rights.

Does a viloent religous zealot needs to be stopped? He is only trying to get his point across."
- Raj Kumar, Bangalore

Werbung:
Would THIS be considered a FLIP....or, a FLOP???

:confused:

rumsfeld_donald2_nr.jpg

"The Geneva Convention is very clear on the rules for treating prisoners. They're not supposed to be tortured or abused, they're not supposed to be intimidated, they're not supposed to be made public displays of humiliation or insult, and we're going to be in a position to hold those Iraqi officials who are mistreating our prisoners accountable, and they've got to stop.”​

"You people who make apologies for the torturers and their bosses are utterly disgusting. "Only following orders", "They are all terrorists". If this is the kind of values CIA was defending, I'm not surprised at their evil methods.

In the words of Benjamin Franklin: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Mikko Rintasaari, Turku, Finland

"Does an abusive husband need to be punished? He is only hitting his wife for her own good and stop an argument.

Does a militant using violence need to be punished? He is is only fighting for his rights.

Does a viloent religous zealot needs to be stopped? He is only trying to get his point across."
- Raj Kumar, Bangalore

Does this mean you think the Obama administration is despicable since they are openly say they will not prosecute those involved in this?

"The Geneva Convention is very clear on the rules for treating prisoners. They're not supposed to be tortured or abused, they're not supposed to be intimidated, they're not supposed to be made public displays of humiliation or insult, and we're going to be in a position to hold those Iraqi officials who are mistreating our prisoners accountable, and they've got to stop.”
[/CENTER]

The Geneva Convention is also quite clear on the guidelines that you have to follow in order to get POW status. Those we held as "detainees" did not meet these criteria, and therefore are not entitled to POW protections according to the Geneva Convention.

You can rant about the Additional Protocols perhaps, but even then the guidelines were not met to get POW status. On top of that, the United States has never ratified the Additional Protocols, so under US law, it might as well just not exist.

The Geneva Convention is also quite clear on the guidelines that you have to follow in order to get POW status. Those we held as "detainees" did not meet these criteria, and therefore are not entitled to POW protections according to the Geneva Convention.
Then, why isn't Dick Cheney BEGGING for his day-in-Court....daring the Obama Admin to prosecute....to prove that????

More-than-likely, he's doubled-UP on his heart-meds.

:rolleyes:

Then, why isn't Dick Cheney BEGGING for his day-in-Court....daring the Obama Admin to prosecute....to prove that????

More-than-likely, he's doubled-UP on his heart-meds.

:rolleyes:

If you read the Geneva Convention is spells out very clearly what is required to get POW status. Those we were (are) fighting do not meet this criteria. You do not have to go to court to read the text.

I will make it easy for you. Article 4 of the Third Geneva Conventions states in order to get POW status you must do four things:

1) Be part of a chain of command.
2) Wear a fixed distinctive emblem visible at a distance.
3) Bear arms openly.
3) Obey the laws of war.

I can think of multiple requirements that these "detainees" did not meet.

Gen-
That would leave the assumption that Shaman has the capacity to understand the words written.

Shaman and Popeye are cool with all the new taxes. They actually want them to be even higher... They can't wait to pay for my mortgage when I decide I don't want to pull my weight any longer.

Werbung:
Back