Putin and the Ukraine

PLC1

Staff member
How should the rest of the world respond to events in the Ukraine? Does it matter? Is it worth risking armed conflict in Eastern Europe?

Your opinions:

Werbung:
Is there anyone else in the world that wants to counter Putin? He is becoming a rather unstable tyrant who is much better armed than those we have been recently fighting. The US is spread to thin for another unwinnable war.

At this point with the history that cant be rewritten inaction is all that can be done. Draw a line then do nothing when its crossed and your choices are gone.

Do we want to lead the world or not? If yes - its imperative that we take a stand against Putin. If we do not - it doesn't really matter. I cannot quite get a grasp on how the current White House would answer this question.

The issue is not Ukraine - the issue is American hegemony.

We already know the formula against Russian aggression. Bankrupt them.
They're well on their way. One would think they would have given up by now, but Putin is determined regardless of the economic hardships being experienced by Russians currently.

Hes betting thatbwe cave. Andbwe probably will.
Actually, I think he's betting that he can convince the Russians that their economic troubles are the fault of the West and that Putin is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And, given the control that the Kremlin has over the media, he may just pull it off.

Meanwhile, Russia is losing the economic war.

"Actually, I think he's betting that he can convince the Russians that their economic troubles are the fault of the West and that Putin is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And, given the control that the Kremlin has over the media, he may just pull it off. "

Rubbish

"We already know the formula against Russian aggression. Bankrupt them."

Nonsense The only aggression is coming from the Neocon Chosenites in Washington who run NATO moving into UKraine and surrounding Russia at her borders.

"We already know the formula against Russian aggression. Bankrupt them."

Nonsense The only aggression is coming from the Neocon Chosenites in Washington who run NATO moving into UKraine and surrounding Russia at her borders.
Who has moved into the Ukraine and surrounded Russia at her borders?

Putin really is a loose canon and there is no telling what will happen in his warped mind next. He reminds me of a pre-WW2 Hitler.

Honestly he is a scary freak of a human being and I believe that much stronger sanctions to force the population of Russia to rebel and revolutionize is a possible good answer, however this has to be a multi national effort. Violence is not the answer, as he has repeatedly threatened the United States and other European nations with his nukes. I think he may be crazy enough to actually follow through on these threats if there are actual military actions. I just wish some Russian rebel would take him out!

New development in the region:

RIGA, Latvia — In a significant move to deter possible Russian aggression in Europe, the Pentagon is poised to store battle tanks, infantry fighting vehicles and other heavy weapons for as many as 5,000 American troops in several Baltic and Eastern European countries, American and allied officials say.

Werbung:
Putin really is a loose canon and there is no telling what will happen in his warped mind next. He reminds me of a pre-WW2 Hitler.

Honestly he is a scary freak of a human being and I believe that much stronger sanctions to force the population of Russia to rebel and revolutionize is a possible good answer, however this has to be a multi national effort. Violence is not the answer, as he has repeatedly threatened the United States and other European nations with his nukes. I think he may be crazy enough to actually follow through on these threats if there are actual military actions. I just wish some Russian rebel would take him out!
he is not as lose as you think, its all well thought out..knowing how far he can push but knowing when to back off. It seems irrational but there is a larger picture game at play and he knows what he is doing.

Back