question about this site and advertising

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
I just was wondering, how the advertising to get traffic is set up here. I notice that the majority of new people tend to end up Conservative and right leaning...also the ads I see on here mostly reflect that viewpoint as well.

Of course the party in power, is going to drive out more of those against them, so its in part understandable, but I just thought I would ask. At the Soup, we did quite a few different ways to drive in more people, though I played less part in that.

Also can I suggest that we have a more permanent and focused on Section by ideals? What I mean is, a liberal Forum, a Moderate, and a conservative one, but on the main page...each would have its own internal moderator to add people to let them join. When we did it , we had each groups leader marked on there posts. When we did it, we actuly held Elections of sorts ( how long for, how and all that was left to each group ) and at one point we even had a site wide Election where each side picked one person to run against the others for fun ( clearly the winner would end up based more on how many members where leaning what way, but with 3 groups, in order to win, you knew you had to both steal some moderates or throw your backing to a moderate. It sorta fell apart a bit at the end but was fun to try. We aslo used it for a Special Organized Debate Section with strict rules on how you where to debate . Post length, had to take turns, Same person could not post more then one of the 3-4 parts, ect. was set up a few weeks before with subject picked so sides could find evidence for them to build up.

Just a few ideas , thoughts?

Werbung:
I just was wondering, how the advertising to get traffic is set up here. I notice that the majority of new people tend to end up Conservative and right leaning...also the ads I see on here mostly reflect that viewpoint as well.

Of course the party in power, is going to drive out more of those against them, so its in part understandable, but I just thought I would ask. At the Soup, we did quite a few different ways to drive in more people, though I played less part in that.

Also can I suggest that we have a more permanent and focused on Section by ideals? What I mean is, a liberal Forum, a Moderate, and a conservative one, but on the main page...each would have its own internal moderator to add people to let them join. When we did it , we had each groups leader marked on there posts. When we did it, we actuly held Elections of sorts ( how long for, how and all that was left to each group ) and at one point we even had a site wide Election where each side picked one person to run against the others for fun ( clearly the winner would end up based more on how many members where leaning what way, but with 3 groups, in order to win, you knew you had to both steal some moderates or throw your backing to a moderate. It sorta fell apart a bit at the end but was fun to try. We aslo used it for a Special Organized Debate Section with strict rules on how you where to debate . Post length, had to take turns, Same person could not post more then one of the 3-4 parts, ect. was set up a few weeks before with subject picked so sides could find evidence for them to build up.

Just a few ideas , thoughts?

Those sound like really good ideas.

about the recent people being more conservative, I think you are right (for the most part.) A few months back the new members were almost all liberal. Very few of them on either side seem to stay.

I found this forum in a google search. It came up while I was searching for information on a story. Other than being refered by a friend doing a search for forums or the way I found it. Those are the only ways I know of to find the site.

We should ask newer members how they found it and see if its the ads

Werbung:
Back