Rachel Canning Goes Home After Suing Her Parents. But It's Not Over Yet

steveox

After enduring a media barrage that's lasted more than a week, Rachel Canning, the New Jersey teen who’s suing her parents for financial support, returned home to her family on Tuesday night. But the very next day Canning's lawyer demonstrated that the case is far from over by returning to court, requesting that the parents pay for a guardian to be appointed for their 18-year-old high school student.

“Just a few days ago, Rachel Canning indicated she could not go back home with her parents and she required a promise of some financial assistance going forward," attorney Tanya Helfand wrote in her application to the court, highlighting the teen's quick turnaround in deciding to return to her parents' after living at a friend's for several months. “Now, after speaking with her mother yesterday, she said she is waiving her complaint and is receiving no promises or consideration in return.”

She noted that if her client decides to dismiss the case, it’s important that she does so “of her own free will” and not because of outside pressures, and added, “A psychologist certified that the parents are abusive. School faculty certified that the parents abuse the child.” Helfand also asked that a gag order be placed on all parties regarding the case. But Family Division Judge Peter Bogaard in Morris County denied the request.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/ra...parents--but-it-s-not-over-yet-192121112.html

Why not a new law in some states you cannot throw your teen out until they turn 21 years old. Just like in some states its illegal to spank your child in any way and any form. It would result as child abuse indangerment. You can go to prison for 3-5 years. I like if you throw your teen out of house illegally. Youll serve 5-10 years in prison. If you want your kid out you must do it 2 ways. One you have have your child institutionalized or put your child in a foster home. If you throw your child out youll go to prison. If your child is a runaway you must report to the police within 48 hours. If you don't report it then its consider you threw your child out and youll be arrested.

Werbung:
Nope. How about a law prohibiting frivolous suits like this instead ? The petulant kid checks out then shes on her own. Real life is tricky this kid is stupid.

Dog,,Thats the American way. Just like shrew business executives are the American way and people want them taxed! Suing people is the American way. If you want to stop frivolous lawsuits then pass more laws. Why you think the court system don't favor women anymore when it comes to child custody cases? Because the GOP passed a law 10 years ago to stop favoring mothers over fathers. Its called Fathers rights. So make it illegal to throw your kid out. If you don't want kids don't have them. Its as simple as that!

Steve i believe you will find little change inparental custody. Ask sround. Kid wanted to have her cake (im 18 and can doas I please) and eat it too (you still have to act like i am still a minor). Stupid kid needs a lesson in real world.

Steve i believe you will find little change inparental custody. Ask sround. Kid wanted to have her cake (im 18 and can doas I please) and eat it too (you still have to act like i am still a minor). Stupid kid needs a lesson in real world.

What about whipping kids with belts,Yardsticks and Paddles? They need a lesson too. If you do that in Calif expect an visit from the LAPD.

That brat was lost by the time she turned 14. She's broken the family trust, and will probably never be able to get it back or admit her own part in it. The best thing that family can do is let her finish high school, then set a date for when she needs to get a job and start supporting herself.

As soon as she has enough money for her first and last months rent, send her on her way.

Maybe in a few years of being out on her own, she may just grow up enough to see the light, but not likely.

That's why I want states passing new laws on parents abusing their children. Like Add another law you cannot throw your kid out. You cannot throw your teen out until they turn 21 years old. Just like in some states its illegal to spank your child in any way and any form. It would result as child abuse indangerment. You can go to prison for 3-5 years. I like if you throw your teen out of house illegally. Youll serve 5-10 years in prison. If you want your kid out you must do it 2 ways. One you have have your child institutionalized or put your child in a foster home. If you throw your child out youll go to prison. If your child is a runaway you must report to the police within 48 hours. If you don't report it then its consider you threw your child out and youll be arrested.

That's the public educational system fault. The Teachers unions wont allow states to fire teachers. Some Teachers need to be fired. They need like the sports system. Like if your team isn't winning the Manager or coach gets fired right? If your class isn't learning or passing grades then the teacher gets canned too.

That's the public educational system fault. The Teachers unions wont allow states to fire teachers. Some Teachers need to be fired. They need like the sports system. Like if your team isn't winning the Manager or coach gets fired right? If your class isn't learning or passing grades then the teacher gets canned too.
Redskins fire coach after coach after coach, changes nothing. But its totally different not being able to get grown men to play a game FOR MONEY, LOTS OF MONEY and getting a kid to give a damn when his parent(s) dont.

Redskins fire coach after coach after coach, changes nothing. But its totally different not being able to get grown men to play a game FOR MONEY, LOTS OF MONEY and getting a kid to give a damn when his parent(s) dont.

The Red Sox fired their manager AND WON THE WORLD SERIES! So it does work.

Werbung:
The Red Sox fired their manager AND WON THE WORLD SERIES! So it does work.
The Seahawks kept theirs and won the Superbowl. There us no guarantee one way ir the other. Mainly though the school staf is powerless to change the parent(s) and they are the ONLY ones who can change the kids.

Back