Random US Political Rants

Dr.Who

There is a maximum amount that a person can contribute to Social Security and therefore there is a limit on how much one can take out. But two workers who are married to each other both contribute the maximum amount individually and later in retirement only take out 50% of the higher contribution. In other words a wife and a husband can both contribute the maximum but later only claim based on one salary. Meanwhile two single people that live together their whole lives both contribute the maximum and then both claim the maximum that each of them can claim. Tell me again why, based on gov perks, people want to get married?

In my situation since my wife gets a gov pension I lose 100% of my social security payments as I cannot claim it at all. But I still "get to" pay in.

Officially blacks are the victims in this country except when one looks at statistics that describe who is victimizing whom.

The gov debate is always about the rich versus the poor but the real opponents are the lawmakers versus the ordinary citizens. Rich people work with gov to keep our money for them.

A real liberal would be interested in promoting liberty for all. Take any issue at all and we can see that modern liberalism always takes the side against liberty and for "fairness".

The MSM is actually having more and more moments of isolated honesty.

If one country does poorly economically other countries can take advantage of that situation but we would still all be better off if all countries did well. Likewise, when rich people work hard and earn money we all are better off than if they are punished for their hard work.

The Gay rights movement which is really about special rights depends on the unproven idea that being gay is genetically determined. That idea is falling apart almost as fast as the ideas behind gloabal warming.

Werbung:
In every example of a large corporation taking advantage of people they only could do so because the gov was complicit rather than acting as the "police force" that would stop wrong actions. Gov can be evil all by itself but business can only be evil with help.

In every example of a large corporation taking advantage of people they only could do so because the gov was complicit rather than acting as the "police force" that would stop wrong actions. Gov can be evil all by itself but business can only be evil with help.

Agreed. I would like to add that as government gets larger and more powerful, it becomes even more unaccountable to the people. It becomes much like the Middle Ages when the people had no rights as kings and queens did has they wished. Is this not another consequence of leftism?

Yet, many on the left today fail to see the evils of big government while condemning corporations and the wealthy. It is as if they have been brainwashed.

Never click on pop up ads. It only encourages them to be more prolific. If for some odd reason you actually want the product then go and search for it. Additionally, to the best of your ability don't even look at them.

In the same vein our state governments should never accept federal funding. that is the equvialent of clicking on a pop up except that the strings are more firmly attached.

Werbung:
Thanks to the vegetarians for keeping my meat prices lower than they otherwise would be.

As near as I can tell GMO's are bad in several ways.

Why do feminists bother with stupid stuff like protesting lego when they should be protesting abortion of females at a much higher rate than males.

When we consider all the candidates that the pubs put up for election none of them were perfect compared to what we wanted. But if we compare Romney to politicians as a whole then he comes out as a pretty great choice for president.

The real war here is President O's war on capitalism.

Bain capital is hardly a demon and did a lot of good.

Back