Record crowd in Portland for Obama

Popeye

An estimated 75,000 at Waterfront Park in Portland, his largest crowd to date. Makes me proud to live in the Pacific NW.

Portland75K.jpg

Werbung:
An estimated 75,000 at Waterfront Park in Portland, his largest crowd to date. Makes me proud to live in the Pacific NW.

Portland75K.jpg

Doesn't surprise me a bit.

It's BARACK & ROLL everywhere he goes. We tried to go to one of his inside rallies. It was being held in a HUGE brand new high school building in the auditorium but they were filling the whole school... gym, hallways, cafeteria, all the common areas.

We got passes in advance online... got there almost 2 hours before the thing was even supposed to start... and the building was already full... and the line outside went around the entire building more than once.

Doesn't surprise me a bit.

It's BARACK & ROLL everywhere he goes. We tried to go to one of his inside rallies. It was being held in a HUGE brand new high school building in the auditorium but they were filling the whole school... gym, hallways, cafeteria, all the common areas.

We got passes in advance online... got there almost 2 hours before the thing was even supposed to start... and the building was already full... and the line outside went around the entire building more than once.

Same thing happened at Key Arena up in Seattle. It holds almost 20,000 and not only did he fill it up on a weekday, but thousands more listened outside on loud speakers. He energizes people like no one else.

Take a look at this more images from Obama in Ore....third one down is a slide show.

"BARACK & ROLL" - that sums up the Koolaid Kult Kids precisely. :D

Incidentally, Obama used the occasion to criticize McCain's ideas for keeping social security solvent. Obama prefers instead the train-wreck path social security is on, which will have happened by the time all the seattle Kult Kids reach retirement - bet they won't be hysterically cheering then. :p

I really hope he makes a trip up here this summer. There is discussions about it happening. He hasnt campaigned here, there is a good chance it might go blue in our congressional/senate races and it would help all the democratic candidates.

On Super Tuesday when AK held its primary, they had record turnouts, and second only in overall turnout to the 2006 general election where the Governor's race was very heated. But in my town, %85 of registered voters turned out.

In Anchorage, they had I believe 2 caucus sights. The one on the far east side of town located in a brand new and the largest middle school in the state. Met capacity in less than 30 minutes, people were turned away and traffic in 1/3 of a pretty major city was completely shut down.

I have no doubt he could bring in 20k people for a rally in Anchorage. Which would be the biggest gathering in Alaska since the Pope visited in 1981.

I seem to recall Obama drew a crowd of like 35,000 in Pennsylvania right before he lost it by about a quarter-million votes.

Furthermore, Hillary appears to be closing the gap in Oregon. ARG has Obama leading her by just 5 points.

Incidentally, Obama used the occasion to criticize McCain's ideas for keeping social security solvent. Obama prefers instead the train-wreck path social security is on, which will have happened by the time all the seattle Kult Kids reach retirement - bet they won't be hysterically cheering then.

They'll just blame it on Republicans.

Same thing happened at Key Arena up in Seattle. It holds almost 20,000 and not only did he fill it up on a weekday, but thousands more listened outside on loud speakers. He energizes people like no one else.

Take a look at this more images from Obama in Ore....third one down is a slide show.

You whip out the Kos... You're a good man!:)

"BARACK & ROLL" - that sums up the Koolaid Kult Kids precisely.

Incidentally, Obama used the occasion to criticize McCain's ideas for keeping social security solvent. Obama prefers instead the train-wreck path social security is on, which will have happened by the time all the seattle Kult Kids reach retirement - bet they won't be hysterically cheering then. :p

I almost feel sad for people so stuck on wanting to drag us further down the Bush/McBush road of despair that they squirm around trying to make some convoluted case that enormous crowds & unbridled enthusiasm for a candidate... are a bad thing. :D

Everyone knows of course it is a very good thing and something any candidate from either side would love to always have.

On Social Security McBush is a Bush (and we all know that ain't good).

Instead of just admitting the fund would have been solvent forever had politicians over the years from both Parties not raided it... and now it must be shored up while the baby boomers get through...

The Bush/McBush plan for Social Security is just like their plan for health care and everything else. Start your own account somewhere... and spend it, invest it whatever.

You know we had that Social Security System before... now what was that called... let me think... Oh I remember. NOTHING, IT WAS CALLED NOTHING!!! :eek:

Social Security was put in place to give senior citizens some portion of protection against poverty stricken old age. It was enacted as a forced savings plan for workers so they couldn't squander it or mis-invest it and end up on the streets penniless or on general relief (welfare) in their old age.

It was to be invested in the safest ways (not the roller coater stock market) to bring a safe small return for retirement.

I like it. Millions of people have benefited from it. Shore it up.

For Christ sake is the argument really that we can flush $12 BILLION DOLLARS PER MONTH down the drain occupying Iraq for as long as we have already, hey maybe a hundred more... be OK with McBush, but we can't shore up Social Security until the baby boomers get through and the system stabilizes again.

It's so sad. No wonder Bush has a 27% approval rating.

Bush and McBush don't need it... so they don't care about it, or the people who will need it. Go figure!
:eek:

Furthermore, Hillary appears to be closing the gap in Oregon. ARG has Obama leading her by just 5 points.

This is the type poll I'm interested in... and when the Hillary people, that have organized & worked very hard as well, join Obama the numbers only grow & grow over McCain.

New Rasmussen Reports Oregon Poll: Obama leads McCain, McCain leads Clinton in November

A poll of likely Oregon general election voters shows Senator Obama leading Senator McCain 49% to 40% and Senator McCain leading Senator Clinton 45%to 42%.

Obama is viewed favorably by 66% of likely Oregon voters and unfavorably by 31%.

McCain is viewed favorably by 56% and unfavorably by 42%.

Clinton is viewed favorably by 48% and unfavorably by 50%.

I almost feel sad for people so stuck on wanting to drag us further down the Bush/McBush road of despair that they squirm around trying to make some convoluted case that enormous crowds & unbridled enthusiasm for a candidate... are a bad thing.

Conservatives deal with issues - they leave the rock festivals to the klueless koolaid kids, the brainwashed bots, assorted losers, and the functionally illiterate. :D

On Social Security McBush is a Bush (and we all know that ain't good).

Instead of just admitting the fund would have been solvent forever had politicians over the years from both Parties not raided it... and now it must be shored up while the baby boomers get through...

The Bush/McBush plan for Social Security is just like their plan for health care and everything else. Start your own account somewhere... and spend it, invest it whatever.

I congratulate you on your virgin effort to inject facts into your mindless campaign slogan regurgitation posts, but you f__ed it up. Or did it f__ you? ;) The SS savings accounts were NEVER offered as something you could spend - instead of a $1 deduction in 1968 and getting $1 back - you'd get $10 back -OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO terrible! Scary! Horrible!!!

McCain's suggestions include raising the payroll deduction ceiling, ending taxes on SS benefits, and prohibiting non-SS spending from the trust fund. All that is news to you - your bot talking points from moveon.org never went past the SCARY SS accounts. :D

Social Security was put in place to give senior citizens some portion of protection against poverty stricken old age. It was enacted as a forced savings plan for workers so they couldn't squander it or mis-invest it and end up on the streets penniless or on general relief (welfare) in their old age.

It was to be invested in the safest ways (not the roller coater stock market) to bring a safe small return for retirement.

As if the short-term oscillations had anything to do with accounts based on say 40-year working lives. They don't - your roller coaster remark was stupid.

Here's the long term DIJA graph - show me where any, say, 30 year investor would have lost money. The Reagan run-up starting in 1981 forces the previous decades into a small scale, but they were very profitable too over time scale of a working life.

800px-DJIA_historical_graph.svg.png

Conservatives deal with issues - they leave the rock festivals to the klueless koolaid kids, the brainwashed bots, assorted losers, and the functionally illiterate. :D

Yeah... conservatives deal with issues like Larry Craig deals with airport restrooms. Always looking for a little guy to F.

I congratulate you on your virgin effort to inject facts into your mindless campaign slogan regurgitation posts, but you f__ed it up. Or did it f__ you? ;) The SS savings accounts were NEVER offered as something you could spend - instead of a $1 deduction in 1968 and getting $1 back - you'd get $10 back -OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO terrible! Scary! Horrible!!!

MIS-INVEST! Or have the market turn bad just when you need to start drawing from it! And I agree it's HORRIBLE!!!

McCain's suggestions include raising the payroll deduction ceiling, ending taxes on SS benefits, and prohibiting non-SS spending from the trust fund. All that is news to you - your bot talking points from moveon.org never went past the SCARY SS accounts.

He's a scary old man who admits he knows almost nothing about economics. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XazpaYwFKd8

As if the short-term oscillations had anything to do with accounts based on say 40-year working lives. They don't - your roller coaster remark was stupid.

No... your avoiding the fact that at any moment there can be a severe downturn and whenever that happens those people who are depending on that income RIGHT THEN are screwed.

Here's the long term DIJA graph - show me where any, say, 30 year investor would have lost money. The Reagan run-up starting in 1981 forces the previous decades into a small scale, but they were very profitable too over time scale of a working life.

There are many people who have invested in stocks that have lost everything. The fact that the stock market itself over long periods of time has shown decent performance in no way guarantees any particular investor a good return.

I can give you a personal example from my own family. My step father who's a Civil Engineer and pretty well off has always had stock investments and planned to retire in style at 65. Due to one of the more major downturns he worked on to 72 because he wanted to try and recoup.

Had that been his only retirement money and/or had he not been able to continue to work on past 65... my mother and he would have been in an absolute world of hurt. Many could lose everything.

[COLOR=]Yeah... conservatives deal with issues like Larry Craig deals with airport restrooms. Always looking for a little guy to F. [/COLOR][]

Awwwwwwwww - did the mean republicans F___ you, little guy? :)

[COLOR=]MIS-INVEST! Or have the market turn bad just when you need to start drawing from it![] And I agree it's HORRIBLE!!![/COLOR]

The market has never turned bad enough to wipe out a 30 year investment as I said - your brain is in a permanent fugue state and what others say just doesn't register.

[COLOR=]He's a scary old man who admits he knows almost nothing about economics. [/COLOR]]

The difference between him and others is that he tells the truth - what is Obama - a regular ol' Milton Friedman? :D

YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA

Hussein's "economics education" started and ended with talking to a few american communists when he was young -- Ooooo garsh - HE'S REAL PREPARED!! :)

[COLOR=]No... your avoiding the fact that at any moment there can be a severe downturn and whenever that happens those people who are depending on that income RIGHT THEN are screwed. [/COLOR]

MOMENTARY turndowns have NOTHING to do with a long term investment plan - ask ANY investment advisor who ever lived.

[COLOR=]There are many people who have invested in stocks that have lost everything. The fact that the stock market itself over long periods of time has shown decent performance in no way guarantees any particular investor a good return.

Yes it does, I've shown it, and you are just inventing "facts" as you go along, as usual.

I can give you a personal example from my own family. My step father who's a Civil Engineer and pretty well off has always had stock investments and planned to retire in style at 65. Due to one of the more major downturns he worked on to 72 because he wanted to try and recoup.

Had that been his only retirement money and/or had he not been able to continue to work on past 65... my mother and he would have been in an absolute world of hurt. Many could lose everything. [/COLOR]

What did he have his money in - Florida oil well exploration? :) I'm nowhere near retirement, and I had 50% in bonds and cash in 2007 because the market looked frothy - wasn't he paying attention? The plan advocated by McCain would require conservative investments only from an offered menu, that would still far and away vastly improve the retirement prospects of a person, even if social security kept it's promises, which it won't because of people like Obama stopping any effort to prevent the approaching financial train wreck.

Libsmasher;38464]Awwwwwwwww - did the mean republicans F___ you, little guy?

No they're all pretty much cowards when you smack 'em back in the face.

But I do think it's rather ironic that the Party of "family values" & intolerance keeps getting caught for things like tolling for gay stall sex in airport restrooms & trying to seduce young male Congressional pages. It appears there's a lot off closeted pent up people in the Republican Party trying to play it straight. That must be uncomfortable for them.
;)

Back on point... there are a lot of people victumized by terrible Republican policy. Hence Bush is @ 26/27% approval rating (worst rating for any President ever) and three solid Republican seats just switch Democratic in special elections.

The market has never turned bad enough to wipe out a 30 year investment as I said - your brain is in a permanent fugue state and what others say just doesn't register.

Well if that's the case... :)... that there's no risk at losing more than what Social Security now garantees... anybody and everybody will definitely always come out on top... then I'm sure you have no problem whatsoever with having the government insure that. Making everyone's investment and a guaranteed profit FDIC Insured.

Of course you won't because there's risk you wing nut! :D If it worked that way the government would invest the funds in stocks as we speak.

The difference between him and others is that he tells the truth - what is Obama - a regular ol' Milton Friedman?

Dude!!! The poor old guy has Flip Flopped so much they have his picture on the menu at The Waffle House! Granted he may not remember... but it couldn't be more documented. Come on be honest you know McBush is McFlipper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWh5jO2Dxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6kZF8qEQSI

Hussein's "economics education" started and ended with talking to a few american communists when he was young -- Ooooo garsh - HE'S REAL PREPARED!!

That's President Hussein if you don't mind... :) and it will be soooo much better with a man with an IQ higher than a potted plant... or a guy that's sadly slipping into the effects of Alzheimer disease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8XpLHG_4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbhYQEo3UoU

MOMENTARY turndowns have NOTHING to do with a long term investment plan - ask ANY investment advisor who ever lived.

GREAT... then insure it so nobody can get hurt in your "make a bet scheme" and I'm on board.

If we can afford to pour $12 BILLION DOLLARS PER MONTH down the drain occupying Iraq on a big made up senario... I say we can certainly shore up Social Security and support our senior citizens that have paid into the fund all their lives.

And that's exactly what we'll do!

Werbung:
EGAD! :eek: Do you think Hillary is going to win this election? Presently, I am looking at her in Kentucky after winning there. The crowd is going nuts cheering for her. Obama draws enormous crowds so I am confused. Does Hillary hire a lot of "movie extras" at her speeches or what? This election process is making my right eye twitch a lot. :confused:

Back