Reduce trade deficits to increase jobs and median wage.

Supposn1

Reduce trade deficits to increase jobs and median wage.

It is not our global trade but our trade deficits’ that are a significant net detriment to our economy. Annual trade deficits’ are ALWAYS an immediate detriment to their nations’ GDPs.

A proposal for a transferable Import Certificate policy to reduce USA’s trade deficit of goods was first introduced to the Senate in 2006. I’m a proponent of a species of that policy as described in the Wikipedia article entitled “Import Certificates”.

The basic concept is exporters of USA goods may choose to have their goods assessed and to pay the federal assessment fees in order to acquire transferable Import Certificates; (ICs) which are issued only to exporters of USA goods for face amounts equivalent to the assessed valuation of their goods.

The fees are set only to defray the direct federal expenditures due to this trade policy and they are not a net federal revenue source. The exporters’ are motivated by transferable IC’s value upon the open global market.

Importers of goods are required to surrender ICs with face values to cover the assessed values of the goods they want to bring into the USA. Surrendered ICs are cancelled.

There is a list of specific scarce and precious minerals. The values of such minerals integral to goods are excluded from the assessed value of all goods.

The purpose of this proposed trade policy is to eliminate USA’s annual trade deficit of all assessed goods and significantly reduce or entirely eliminate USA’s trade deficit. Additionally this policy’s an indirect but effective subsidy of USA exported goods. All of this would increase USA’s GDP, numbers of jobs and median wage more than otherwise.

[Annual trade deficits are ALWAYS immediately detrimental to their nation’s economy. They reduce numbers of jobs and their median wage; annual trade surpluses have a direct and opposite (to deficits’) effect upon their nations’ economy]

This unilateral policy would be of advantage to any USA enterprise that competes or aspires to compete with foreign goods within or beyond USA’s borders. If we consider exporting and importing as a single global trade industry, then this proposal would then not be detrimental to any USA industry.

Wage and salary earning families benefit from cheaper imported goods but doesn’t compensate them for the consequential lesser numbers of jobs and median wage due to our annual trade deficits of goods.

Google “ wikipedia, import certificates “

and
for further reference
google “ wikipedia, balance of trade “
then refer to the paragraphs entitled “Trade balances’ affects upon their nation’s GDP”.

Respectfully, Supposn

Werbung:
So we are to accept the premise of trade deficits being as you say for gospel ?

Dog Towner, I’m opposed to accepting premises, (particularly our own premises) without appropriate consideration.
There’s no point in discussing a remedy to USA’s annual trade deficits’ of goods if you reject the concept of trade deficits’ detriment to our economy.

Refer to the thread “Annual trade deficits are ALWAYS an immediate detriment to their nations’ economies”.

Respectfully, Supposn

http://www.creators.com/conservative/walter-williams/trade-deficits-good-or-bad.html

Dog Towner, I’m opposed to accepting premises, (particularly our own premises) without appropriate consideration.
There’s no point in discussing a remedy to USA’s annual trade deficits’ of goods if you reject the concept of trade deficits’ detriment to our economy.

Refer to the thread “Annual trade deficits are ALWAYS an immediate detriment to their nations’ economies”.

Respectfully, Supposn
If you are opposed then why require it of us ?
I saw you other post with an uncited wiki reference that does nothing but state opinion and not even who's opinion.

See link at top for a documented review of the topic.

I neither accept nor reject as you need to make some sort of case for why a solution is needed.

... I neither accept nor reject as you need to make some sort of case for why a solution is needed.

DogTowner, I posted the thread”Annual trade deficits are ALWAYS an immediate detriment to their nations’ economy” in response to your questioning the consequences of trade deficits upon their nations. Within that thread I quoted an article and further supported the logic of expressed within the thread’s title.

There is no point to discussing a proposal for transferable Import Certificates to significantly reduce (if not completely eliminate) our nation’s annual trade deficits of goods, with someone that questions those deficit’s net economic detriments to our nation. Why discuss a remedy for a non-existing illness?

The status of concepts reputations are more or less a reflection of those concepts proponents; but status differ from validity.

The validity of concepts are dependent upon their factual truth and their logical validity. I hope your neither accepting nor rejecting the concept of trade deficits economic detriment to their nations’ is due to your considering the factors so you may eventually arrive at your own independent conclusions.

Respectfully, Supposn

Werbung:
DogTowner, I posted the thread”Annual trade deficits are ALWAYS an immediate detriment to their nations’ economy” in response to your questioning the consequences of trade deficits upon their nations. Within that thread I quoted an article and further supported the logic of expressed within the thread’s title. There is no point to discussing a proposal for transferable Import Certificates to significantly reduce (if not completely eliminate) our nation’s annual trade deficits of goods, with someone that questions those deficit’s net economic detriments to our nation. Why discuss a remedy for a non-existing illness? The status of concepts reputations are more or less a reflection of those concepts proponents; but status differ from validity. The validity of concepts are dependent upon their factual truth and their logical validity. I hope your neither accepting nor rejecting the concept of trade deficits economic detriment to their nations’ is due to your considering the factors so you may eventually arrive at your own independent conclusions. Respectfully, Supposn

Back