Republicans: Dealing With "Uppity"-Women...

Werbung:
....who SOMEHOW appear to be (all) Dems!

(I guess all o' those "adults", who took-over D.C., when Lil' Dumbya was elected, have left D.C. :rolleyes: )​

Those pubbies they are a "Family Values' bunch are they not?:eek:

I guess shouting down women is about all the balls they have left. At least they didn't start throwing spitballs at them... they didn't did they?

America is watching and they;'re seeing why now only 20% & shrinking of the people even associate themselves with the Republicant Party. Republicants have become a very ugly lot.

See there's ugly and then there's humor... Americans like humor.

America is watching and they;'re seeing why now only 20% & shrinking of the people even associate themselves with the Republicant Party. Republicants have become a very ugly lot.

See there's ugly and then there's humor... Americans like humor.

20%? According to what? I guess they all live in New Jersey and Virginia?

20%? According to what? I guess they all live in New Jersey and Virginia?

You been out of the country?:)

The Incredible Shrinking GOP: Only 20 Percent Self-Identify As Republican

Okay, this is striking. Earlier this week a Washington Post poll made a big splash because it found that only 21 percent self-identify as Republicans. The abysmally low number got pundits and reporters talking about whether the GOP is shrinking to the point of irrelevance.

Now we have another poll that finds that the number of self-identified Republicans has dropped even lower: 20 percent.

My handy Plum Line calculator informs me that this means exactly one-fifth of adults identify themselves as Republican. Here are the key numbers, buried in the internals of the new NBC/WSJ poll (click to enlarge):

Thirteen percent identify themselves as a “strong Republican”; seven percent as a “not very strong Republican.” Total: Twenty percent.

So two polls this week have now found this, suggesting it’s probably not an outlier. Does anyone know if any other poll has found the number of self-identified GOPers hitting 20 percent?

Relatedly, I’m a bit surprised that these comments from Senator John Cornyn yesterday aren’t getting more attention. He vowed that the the GOP would one day “regain its status as a national party,” which is an admission from the head of the NRSC that it is no longer any such thing.

Update: DNC spokesperson Hari Sevugan emails over the following response:

When you’re devoid of new ideas, devoid of new leadership, and your only answer to the nation’s pressing problem is to say “NO,” it’s not surprising that moderate, independent voices can no longer identify with you. And all that remains are the fringe elements of a once grand old party that are far outside the American mainstream.

You been out of the country?:)

The Incredible Shrinking GOP: Only 20 Percent Self-Identify As Republican

Okay, this is striking. Earlier this week a Washington Post poll made a big splash because it found that only 21 percent self-identify as Republicans. The abysmally low number got pundits and reporters talking about whether the GOP is shrinking to the point of irrelevance.

Now we have another poll that finds that the number of self-identified Republicans has dropped even lower: 20 percent.

My handy Plum Line calculator informs me that this means exactly one-fifth of adults identify themselves as Republican. Here are the key numbers, buried in the internals of the new NBC/WSJ poll (click to enlarge):

Thirteen percent identify themselves as a “strong Republican”; seven percent as a “not very strong Republican.” Total: Twenty percent.

So two polls this week have now found this, suggesting it’s probably not an outlier. Does anyone know if any other poll has found the number of self-identified GOPers hitting 20 percent?

Relatedly, I’m a bit surprised that these comments from Senator John Cornyn yesterday aren’t getting more attention. He vowed that the the GOP would one day “regain its status as a national party,” which is an admission from the head of the NRSC that it is no longer any such thing.

Update: DNC spokesperson Hari Sevugan emails over the following response:

When you’re devoid of new ideas, devoid of new leadership, and your only answer to the nation’s pressing problem is to say “NO,” it’s not surprising that moderate, independent voices can no longer identify with you. And all that remains are the fringe elements of a once grand old party that are far outside the American mainstream.

I did go and find this same poll, which stated only 30% of people identify as Democrats. So why is this really horrible news for the Republicans?

I guess shouting down women is about all the balls they have left. At least they didn't start throwing spitballs at them... they didn't, did they?
I'd say Karma is headed in the "conservative"-Patriarchy's direction.

:D

"Conservatives say they pushed Dede Scozzafava out of the House race in New York’s 23rd District a week ago because of her left-of-Republican social views — and not because she is a woman. :rolleyes:

But the growing schism between the Republican Party’s ascendant right wing and its shrinking moderate core has clear gender undertones — and Scozzafava’s departure raises fresh questions about the GOP’s ability to recruit, elect and even tolerate the sort of moderate women who used to be part of its ruling mainstream.

While Republicans scored a pair of impressive electoral victories in New Jersey and Virginia with solid support among female voters, the events of the last week offer harbingers of serious trouble ahead with the largest swing voter bloc in the countrywomen.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), one of the most outspoken feminists in the House, put it more bluntly: “This is a party that doesn’t respect women, a party that doesn’t believe women are equal to men,” she told POLITICO. “I don’t think they attract women to their party,” added Wasserman Schultz. “I think they repulse women.”

I did go and find this same poll, which stated only 30% of people identify as Democrats. So why is this really horrible news for the Republicans?

So you do then are now not shocked and agree that Republican affiliation has fallen to new record lows. Good.

The polls I've seen say 33.7% to 39% identify as Democrats but let's take your numbers now that you agree the Republicants are down to only 20%. The difference between 20% and 30% is HUGE. It's half way to double of the Republicants number.

This simply just ain't good news for Republicants when this is the way things are observed about their Party...

"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists — the Taliban and Hamas this morning — in criticizing the president for receiving the Nobel Peace Prize. Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the president of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace Prize — an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride — unless of course you are the Republican Party," Woodhouse said.

He continued, "The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It’s no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore — it’s an embarrassing label to claim."

So you do then are now not shocked and agree that Republican affiliation has fallen to new record lows. Good.

The polls I've seen say 33.7% to 39% identify as Democrats but let's take your numbers now that you agree the Republicants are down to only 20%. The difference between 20% and 30% is HUGE. It's half way to double of the Republicants number.

This simply just ain't good news for Republicants when this is the way things are observed about their Party...

"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists — the Taliban and Hamas this morning — in criticizing the president for receiving the Nobel Peace Prize. Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the president of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace Prize — an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride — unless of course you are the Republican Party," Woodhouse said.

He continued, "The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It’s no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore — it’s an embarrassing label to claim."

Really it just proves what we already knew... Independents decide elections.

Werbung:
Back