Republicans kind of suck... which is why they will win huge in November

Little-Acorn

A pretty good description.

Republicans had been the party of conservatism and small government... until the Bush administration. Eight years of big spending, deficits by a Republican Congress, and new entitlements spolied a pretty decent record of 130 years of not doing that stuff.

But compared to today's Democrats, Republicans are starting to look good.

The current question is, have Republicans now learned their lesson? Will Republican congressmen change their ways and go back to genuine small government that lives within its means? (Will TEA Party members kicking out Republicans who did all that stuff, accelerate the process?)

---------------------------------------

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/republ...ey-will-win-huge-in-november/?singlepage=true

Republicans Kind of Suck … Which Is Why They Will Win Huge in November

Because in the Democratic land of epic, mega, ultra, apocalyptic levels of sucking, those who kinda suck are king.

October 20, 2010 - by Frank J. Fleming

This election season has been hard on pundits. The Democrats are going to get massacred in November, and it’s really obvious to pretty much everyone exactly why — which makes writing political commentary like trying to come up with a long-winded explanation for why two plus two equals four.

Here’s my attempt.

Doesn’t it suck when you have a dog that barks all night? Everyone hates that. It’s annoying. It can even drive you pretty crazy if it goes on long enough. People hate that.

Know what also sucks? A zombie apocalypse. That’s when society collapses due to some spreading zombie virus, and most of your friends and family are dead, and you have to scrounge for food to survive while the walking dead threaten you around every corner. People also hate that.

So, we’re all agreed that a barking dog and a zombie apocalypse both suck. Everyone following so far?

Now let’s look at what led us to the political situation we’re in. During the second term of the Bush presidency people just got fed up with Republicans. They were idiots, they were no good at the whole fiscal conservatism thing (which is sort of the whole point of them), we had these wars that seemed to be going nowhere, and the economy was beginning to fail. They sucked, and people were sick and tired of them.

Thus people turned to the Democrats. And Obama.

Let’s just say they also sucked.

AMERICANS: “So, the economy is pretty bad and there’s high employment. You think you can do something about that?”

DEMOCRATS AND OBAMA: “We can spend a trillion dollars we don’t have on pork and stuff.”

AMERICANS: “No … that’s not what we want. We’d really like you not to do that.”

DEMOCRATS: “You’re stupid. We’re doing it anyway.”

AMERICANS: “That’s not going to help us get jobs!”

DEMOCRATS: “Sure it will; millions of them … though they may be invisible. You’ll have to trust us they exist. And guess what else we’ll do: We’ll create a giant new government program to take over health care.”

AMERICANS: “That has nothing to do with jobs!”

DEMOCRATS: “We don’t care about that anymore. We really want a giant new health care program. We’re sure you’ll love it.”

AMERICANS: “Don’t pass that bill. You hear me? Absolutely do not pass that bill.”

DEMOCRATS: “Believe me; you’ll love it. It has … well, I don’t know what exactly is in the bill, but we’re sure it’s great.”

AMERICANS: “Listen to me: DO. NOT. PASS. THAT. BILL.”

DEMOCRATS: “You’re not the boss of me! We’re doing it anyway!”

AMERICANS: “Look what you did! Now the economy is way worse, we’re even deeper in debt, and we have a bunch of new laws we don’t want!”

DEMOCRATS: “You’re racist.”

AMERICANS: “Wha … How is that racist?”

DEMOCRATS: “Now you’re getting violent! Stop being violent and racist, you ignorant hillbillies! And remember to vote Democrat in November.”

So the Democrats sucked. But not just plain old, usual politician sucked, but epic levels of suck where it’s hard to find an analogue in human history that conveys the same level of suckitude. It was sheer incompetence plus arrogance — and those things do not complement each other well. We’re talking sucking that distorts time and space like a black hole.

It’s Godzilla-smashing-through-a-city level of suck — but a really patronizing Godzilla who says you’re just too stupid and hateful to see all the buildings he’s saved or created as he smashes everything apart. Or, to use Obama’s favorite analogy, you have a car stuck in ditch, so you call the mechanic, but the only tool he brings with him is a sledgehammer. And then he smashes your car to pieces and charges you $100,000 for his service. Finally, he calls you racist for complaining. Obama and the Democrats have been so awful, it’s hard for the human brain to even comprehend.

But the Democrats will counter that the Republicans also suck. And while this is true, it’s not really going to help them. As I pointed out before, both a dog incessantly barking and a zombie apocalypse are things that everyone would agree suck. Yet no one during a zombie apocalypse, while hiding out in a boarded up mall, would turn to the other survivors and say, “We don’t want to kill all the zombies; then we’d have to go back to being woken up at night by that annoying dog next door.” But this is the best argument the Democrats can come up with. “Remember how awful the Republicans and Bush were? You hated them. You don’t want to go back to that.” Yes, why would people want to go back to when 6% unemployment was considered high?

People do remember how much the Republicans suck, and they know where it tops out … and that is nowhere near as bad as the Democrats are today. Like with the barking dog, it’s annoying, but you know it’s not going to cause the collapse of civilization as we know it. Not so with the zombie apocalypse; who knows how bad that could get if left to continue? Same with the Democrats and Obama; people have never dealt with anything this horrible their entire lives, and they aren’t that curious to see how much worse it can be.

So the Republicans kinda suck, and that’s why they’re going to win huge this November. Because in the land of epic, mega, ultra, apocalyptic levels of sucking, those who kinda suck are king. Or at least are going to win in a landslide.

Because once the zombie apocalypse is over, the annoying neighbor dog is going to be music to your ears.

For a little while, at least.

Werbung:
I like that. A lot of truth there.

I would disagree about the Rs being good until W came around. The Rs have had problems with F-ing progressives for a long time.

For example, how the hell does a doufus like Gerald R. Ford win the R nomination in 1980 over the Great One?

Answer: country club progressive Rs made it happen.

Or Goldwater in '64...he did not get a lot of support from the lib northeast scumbag Rs. And bang, we got LBJ expanding the war and pushing through the most disastrous legislation since Obummercare...the Great Society BS....

And Dole in '96 was a joke too...

Hey Libs, did you know LBJ was a Dem and he was mostly responsible for America's role in Vietnam? do yeh? do yeh? Would guess not...it was all Nixon's fault right?

The current question is, have Republicans now learned their lesson? Will Republican congressmen change their ways and go back to genuine small government that lives within its means? (Will TEA Party members kicking out Republicans who did all that stuff, accelerate the process?)

Probably not. I'm betting that the Republicans will be back in power in the next couple of years, and that they aren't going to be much different than they were in the Bush years. They might, just might mind you, get rid of the PNAC neocons and their advocacy for wars, but other than that, we aren't going to see any great changes.

When the hell will leftwingers lose their blurry one-size-fits all stereotype of republicans?

ONCE AGAIN (what you missed watching only the obozo shill media) :

- Conservatives are staging a revolt within the GOP.

- It's led by the Tea Party.

- Its targets include RINOS, some of whom they've deposed.

-Its other targets are leftwingers.

- Stop stupidly talking about what the "republicans" will do - what will be done depends upon how many leftwingers and RINOs can be removed.

- Get it yet?

The R's need to drop kick the Progs out of the party.

picture.php

The R's need to drop kick the Progs out of the party.

picture.php

I agree with your statement, but the pic is a bit strange. Whats up with that?

But I think we can agree the Rs will not get ride of the f-ing Progs...and the progressive weasel Judd Gregg needs his ass beat...along with so many others....

Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.), the top Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, said that repealing the new healthcare reform law — or looking to defund it — were not good options.

“I don’t think starving or repealing is probably the best approach here,” Gregg said on the Fox Business Network. “You basically go in and restructure it.” http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/10/19/senate-republicans-may-not-try-to-repeal-obamacare/

When the hell will leftwingers lose their blurry one-size-fits all stereotype of republicans?

ONCE AGAIN (what you missed watching only the obozo shill media) :

- Conservatives are staging a revolt within the GOP.

- It's led by the Tea Party.

- Its targets include RINOS, some of whom they've deposed.

-Its other targets are leftwingers.

- Stop stupidly talking about what the "republicans" will do - what will be done depends upon how many leftwingers and RINOs can be removed.

- Get it yet?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Remember the contract with America?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Remember the contract with America?

Yes - do you?

2.1 The Fiscal Responsibility Act
2.2 The Taking Back Our Streets Act
2.3 The Personal Responsibility Act
2.4 The American Dream Restoration Act
2.5 The National Security Restoration Act
2.6 The "Common Sense" Legal Reform Act
2.7 The Job Creation and Wage Enhancement Act
2.8 The Citizen Legislature Act

All passed congress except the The Citizen Legislature Act, which had the tough barrier of requiring a constitutional amendment. A few were vetoed by Bill Clinton after being passed by both houses of congress.

Yes - do you?

2.1 The Fiscal Responsibility Act
2.2 The Taking Back Our Streets Act
2.3 The Personal Responsibility Act
2.4 The American Dream Restoration Act
2.5 The National Security Restoration Act
2.6 The "Common Sense" Legal Reform Act
2.7 The Job Creation and Wage Enhancement Act
2.8 The Citizen Legislature Act

All passed congress except the The Citizen Legislature Act, which had the tough barrier of requiring a constitutional amendment. A few were vetoed by Bill Clinton after being both houses of congress.

Sure do. Passed what? Committee? Starting with #1:

1. THE FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY ACT: A balanced budget/tax limitation amendment and a legislative line-item veto to restore fiscal responsibility to an out- of-control Congress, requiring them to live under the same budget constraints as families and businesses

Balanced budget? Line item veto?

its funny its only since Bush....I guess Regan does not count because he is a god, and thus all facts shall be ignored...

Republicans never do what they say, never have in my lifetime...they talk, people eat it up, they lie, they hide there true ideas when pressed into light, and do evrything they said they where against when in office..

and in a few weeks, you will act like somehow this will be different...

Sure do. Passed what? Committee? Starting with #1:

Balanced budget? Line item veto?

Passed by congress, signed by clinton, vetoed by leftwingers on USSC, leftwinger Justice Stevens wrote the opinion. I'm not going to tutor you on judicial history - READ UP. What leftwingers can't stop democratically, they stop in the courts.

Passed by congress, signed by clinton, vetoed by leftwingers on USSC, leftwinger Justice Stevens wrote the opinion. I'm not going to tutor you on judicial history - READ UP. What leftwingers can't stop democratically, they stop in the courts.

OK, fair enough.

The line item veto was struck down by the SC during the Clinton Administration as violating the balance of powers.

The balanced budget act was also signed into law by Bill Clinton, who came closer to actually balancing the budget than anyone has since.

The Republican president and his Republican Congress that followed Clinton didn't exactly live up to their contract to balance the budget.

So, you're partly correct: The SC struck down the line item veto as upsetting the balance of powers, and increasing the power of the executive branch. They didn't "veto" anything, as the SC can only rule on matters of the interpretation of the Constitution.

OK, fair enough.

The line item veto was struck down by the SC during the Clinton Administration as violating the balance of powers.

The balanced budget act was also signed into law by Bill Clinton, who came closer to actually balancing the budget than anyone has since.

The endless leftwing mantra that Bubba Clinton balanced the budget is tired old BS. Clinton was constrained by the republican congress during half his tenure. He signed on to money-saving REPUBLICAN initiatives such as cutting the waste in welfare. His term had no major wars with their huge epense - because he was asleep at the switch while al qaeda built their world-wide infrastructure, leaving dealing with them (and the expense) to George Bush. The one year of balanced budget came in 2000 after four years of GOP control of congress, where all spending bills originate. The huge ramp up in subprime loan backing by fanny mae came from bill clinton, causing the present great recession, which has triggered trillions in government spending and the consideration or actual enactment of huge new taxes, and deficits.

The endless leftwing mantra that Bubba Clinton balanced the budget is tired old BS. Clinton was constrained by the republican congress during half his tenure. He signed on to money-saving REPUBLICAN initiatives such as cutting the waste in welfare. His term had no major wars with their huge epense - because he was asleep at the switch while al qaeda built their world-wide infrastructure, leaving dealing with them (and the expense) to George Bush. The one year of balanced budget came in 2000 after four years of GOP control of congress, where all spending bills originate. The huge ramp up in subprime loan backing by fanny mae came from bill clinton, causing the present great recession, which has triggered trillions in government spending and the consideration or actual enactment of huge new taxes, and deficits.

Ah, yes, it was the Republican Congress that balanced the budget during the Clinton Administration. Isn't it too bad that they didn't continue to do so after Bush was elected?

Now, that balanced budget act, the one signed into law by the big spender, Clinton, what happened to it during the next administration?

Werbung:
Ah, yes, it was the Republican Congress that balanced the budget during the Clinton Administration. Isn't it too bad that they didn't continue to do so after Bush was elected?

Now, that balanced budget act, the one signed into law by the big spender, Clinton, what happened to it during the next administration?

There you go again with the useless descriptor "republican". There are all kinds of republicans. Reread the last sentence eight times. What matters is what kind of republicans get in. Right now, conservative republicans are trying to get in, but they are the subject of the usual massive defamation campaign by the lib media and the democrat party. Why? Because obviously, leftwingers aren't interested in balanced budgets - spending tax money on their clients and croneys is what they live for. Leftwing cheering of balanced budgets is about as phoney as it gets. Clinton famously attempted "triangulation", ie, a moderate democrat stance - this has absolutely >>NOTHING<< to do with the mindset, plans, goals, worldview, or behavior of the far left extremists who now run the US government.

Back