Republicans kiss BP's ring

top gun

Yes it's so so true. What a bunch of scoundrels:rolleyes:

Did ya know... that the President working out a voluntary $20 Billion dollar fund from BP to aid in cleaning up their own oil spill was a bad thing?

Did ya know... that Republicans would have rather sheltered their BP Big Oil buddy from paying for the clean up of their oil own oil spill even if that meant the US taxpayer would in essence have to pay for it?

Did ya know... that Republican Senator Barton came out and almost tearfully apologized to BP for having to clean up their own mess.

Well you might know those things but did you also know that even though Barton said he was speaking only for himself, earlier that very day 150 other Republicans on the Hill actually agreed with him that BP WAS THE VICTIM HERE!

OMG!!!!!!!!!:eek: Are you frickin' kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks come on how can anyone vote Republican when you see this much disrepect for regular working people and our environment.

Werbung:
Too bad Obama settled for only 20b when it looks like that won't come close. But its still a nice kitty to feed his political allies.

If only his political appointee regulator in chief had not been in bed with BP etal and not doing her job.

Too bad Obama settled for only 20b when it looks like that won't come close. But its still a nice kitty to feed his political allies.

If only his political appointee regulator in chief had not been in bed with BP etal and not doing her job.

Yes so true, but the libs don't know this. Their news sources only tell them how great their Messiah is.

Can you imagine if this spill happened during W's reign of disaster? The f-ing lib media would be going NUTSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They would be slamming Bush big time and so would the libs on this forum.

The lib MSM says nary a word on BO's HUGE failure...just like the libs at the HOP.

100711beelertoon_c.jpg

You sound ridiculous.

You guys wanted NOTHING!!!!!!!:rolleyes: Cried like little babies because Obama said we have to set up a large escrow fund with an administrator completely independent of BP Oil... which by the way ended up being the same highly regarded person that managed the 9-11 fund.

The $20 BILLION is a down payment on damages and a way to help actual Americans NOW that live & work in the Gulf.

So while Minority leader Bonner has his orange spray tan running into his bad toupee with big "I love BP" crocodile tears... President Obama is getting something done to help Americans affected by the BP tragedy.

But I guess it's really too much to expect the Right to care.

You sound ridiculous.

You guys wanted NOTHING!!!!!!!:rolleyes: Cried like little babies because Obama said we have to set up a large escrow fund with an administrator completely independent of BP Oil... which by the way ended up being the same highly regarded person that managed the 9-11 fund.

The $20 BILLION is a down payment on damages and a way to help actual Americans NOW that live & work in the Gulf.

So while Minority leader Bonner has his orange spray tan running into his bad toupee with big "I love BP" crocodile tears... President Obama is getting something done to help Americans affected by the BP tragedy.

But I guess it's really too much to expect the Right to care.

BP was alrady helping actual Americans NOW before thjis. Strangely enough, since the Administration took this over people are NOT getting paid.

And I don't think the administration of the 9-11 money is a bright spot on one's resume.

BP was alrady helping actual Americans NOW before thjis. Strangely enough, since the Administration took this over people are NOT getting paid.

And I don't think the administration of the 9-11 money is a bright spot on one's resume.

The BIG FUND was because we have a quality leader like President Obama.

Remember that's why the Republicans were blubbering? And the administrator of the 9-11 fund is not only recognized as doing a fine job with the 9-11 fund... but the reason he was paying people in the first place was because the last Republican President was ASLEEP AT THE SWITCH.

You can't spin your way out. You go on and kiss BP's ring. We'll help the people & the region.

The BIG FUND was because we have a quality leader like President Obama.

Remember that's why the Republicans were blubbering? And the administrator of the 9-11 fund is not only recognized as doing a fine job with the 9-11 fund... but the reason he was paying people in the first place was because the last Republican President was ASLEEP AT THE SWITCH.

You can't spin your way out. You go on and kiss BP's ring. We'll help the people & the region.

we'll see how 'quality' Obama is when that 20 b is gone before the end of the year and before anyone has even a clue as to the full extent of the mess. even now they know it will be years getting it fixed.

and where do you think Obama got that 20B number anyway ? being the lowball I'm thinking it was (gasp) Obama political contributor BP.

and your hero at the checkbook is already telling people they wont be getting paid. and even with massivly unnecessary funds to dole out like candy, there were many who were NOT happy. yes, Clinton sure blew it not pulling the trigger on OBL.

Top Gunn.......This is just amazing..........Amazingly SAD! I love how every Dem in the country since the beginning has tried to make BP synonymous with Rep's. When it was Dems, especially Obama that financially benefited from BP more than any other person. Republican haven't tried to prevent BP from having to pay. They have said make them pay for their mistake, but stop exploiting the situation to create slush funds to give money to people that were already unemployed in the gulf, and have exhausted their unemployment benefits. Typical liberal, OZ don't look behind the curtain, bull crap.

I love this latest deal, the administration had to act quick to prevent progress by requiring answers they should have asked weeks ago while the new cap was being designed.

Amazing...

Yes it's so so true. What a bunch of scoundrels:rolleyes:

Did ya know... that the President working out a voluntary $20 Billion dollar fund from BP to aid in cleaning up their own oil spill was a bad thing?

It is not a bad thing persay, but we need to realize BP has not as of yet been found negligent, and by law, a cap still applies.

Did ya know... that Republicans would have rather sheltered their BP Big Oil buddy from paying for the clean up of their oil own oil spill even if that meant the US taxpayer would in essence have to pay for it?

I don't know of any Republican that said BP was not going to be held responsible for the cost of cleaning up the spill.

Did ya know... that Republican Senator Barton came out and almost tearfully apologized to BP for having to clean up their own mess.

There is no one in the Senate by that name. Joe Barton is a Congressman, and his comments were pretty dubious.

Well you might know those things but did you also know that even though Barton said he was speaking only for himself, earlier that very day 150 other Republicans on the Hill actually agreed with him that BP WAS THE VICTIM HERE!

I am not sure what you are talking about here, please offer a citation.

Folks come on how can anyone vote Republican when you see this much disrepect for regular working people and our environment.

Regular working people are looking at the Obama economic policies and frowning. The stimulus has failed, unemployment remains well above where they promised it would be, deficits are out of control, a moratorium on deepwater drilling is hurting even more workers... the list can go on and on...

People are going to vote Republican because we have now tried Obama's ideas... and they did not work.

I don't know of any Republican that said BP was not going to be held responsible for the cost of cleaning up the spill.

the GOP's position was that we had a process to address damages (the courts) and law to support it. what prezbo did was extortion. moreover he sold the citizenry short by his arbitrary and smallish slush fund.

There is no one in the Senate by that name. Joe Barton is a Congressman, and his comments were pretty dubious.

They did agree with Barton's assessment that the shakedown was illegal and circumvented the legal system.

Regular working people are looking at the Obama economic policies and frowning. The stimulus has failed, unemployment remains well above where they promised it would be, deficits are out of control, a moratorium on deepwater drilling is hurting even more workers... the list can go on and on...

People are going to vote Republican because we have now tried Obama's ideas... and they did not work.

the failed in spectacular and predicated fashion.

BigRob;141498]It is not a bad thing persay, but we need to realize BP has not as of yet been found negligent, and by law, a cap still applies.

Who doesn't understand that my friend? You can't believe that prohibits BP from voluntarily agreeing to any additional initial set amount of a damages fund. They know they are responsible... they've said they were responsible. Knowing that they are simply trying to get out ahead of a PR nightmare.

Well for one thing Barton was crying around and apologizing for it. And 150 other Republicans were in caucus trying to think of a way to demonize a damages fund. It's clear they wanted to "limit" damages paid back while trying to bash our President for not swimming down to the busted well head like Aquaman and stopping the flow of oil himself immediately.:D

Quibbling about what House Congressman Barton is in doesn't change what he did or what many of his Republican cohorts were saying behind closed doors. As usual they prove to be carrying water for the big corporations and trying to protect them from full reimbursement for the damages & losses they cause to the regular everyday worker and to the environment.

It was pretty widely reported (I know I saw it talked about on a couple different channels that a number of at least "150" Republicans in Congress were against the oil damages fund beyond the current minuscule limits being set up.) I can show you some individual quotes here...

Texas Republican to BP CEO: We’re Sorry Our Waters and Beaches Got in the Way of Your Oil

You’ve probably seen Joe Barton’s (R-BP) heartfelt apology to Tony Hayward. It’s nothing new. Leaping to BP’s defense has become something of a wingnut meme.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) called the escrow “a redistribution-of-wealth fund” that could serve as a “gateway” for “more money to government.” A variety of right-wing media personalities — Limbaugh, Hannity, and Oliver North — all read from identical talking points, calling the independently-operated escrow account “a slush fund.”

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) continues to whine about the money set aside for the Gulf Coast, inexplicably telling the AP, “If they take a huge amount of money and put it in an escrow account so they can’t use it to drill oil wells and produce revenue, are they going to be able to pay us?”

This is surprising like, not at all. In addition to the fact that they’re just protecting their Sugar Daddy, it’s easy to understand Republicans’ motivations here.

It’s a public company vs. the federal government. Strike one.

It’s an oil company vs. the federal government. Strike two.

And it’s an entity of any kind vs. Obama. Yer out.

When you think about it, it’s kind of surprising that most Republicans haven’t joined the Taliban by now. Oh wait…

People are impatient by nature. Had Bush not done TARP and had President Obama not enacted a Stimulus Plan the country would be much MUCH worse off right now... probably be in The Bush Depression.

But the Republicans knowing one can't 100% definitively prove that expected effect because it did not get the opportunity to happen, are eating at the trough of negativity as usual.:rolleyes:

This is very simple to me. I want to see President Obama continue to move forward and retain as much power in Congress because I've seen exactly what George Bush, Dick Cheney and the Republicans did... and this new group would be twice a bad.

The only people who should really vote Republican now are those who'd truly like to see more new big tax cuts to the rich running up our deficit, while going full speed backward on environmental policy, at the same time war spending is skyrocketed and crucial programs are slashed while unemployment stays the same.

Change horses in midstream back to the absolute horror of Republican leadership would be great for my "I told you so meter" but devastating to our great country.

Who doesn't understand that my friend? You can't believe that prohibits BP from voluntarily agreeing to any additional initial set amount of a damages fund. They know they are responsible... they've said they were responsible. Knowing that they are simply trying to get out ahead of a PR nightmare.

Well for one thing Barton was crying around and apologizing for it. And 150 other Republicans were in caucus trying to think of a way to demonize a damages fund. It's clear they wanted to "limit" damages paid back while trying to bash our President for not swimming down to the busted well head like Aquaman and stopping the flow of oil himself immediately.:D

Quibbling about what House Congressman Barton is in doesn't change what he did or what many of his Republican cohorts were saying behind closed doors. As usual they prove to be carrying water for the big corporations and trying to protect them from full reimbursement for the damages & losses they cause to the regular everyday worker and to the environment.

It was pretty widely reported (I know I saw it talked about on a couple different channels that a number of at least "150" Republicans in Congress were against the oil damages fund beyond the current minuscule limits being set up.) I can show you some individual quotes here...

Texas Republican to BP CEO: We’re Sorry Our Waters and Beaches Got in the Way of Your Oil

You’ve probably seen Joe Barton’s (R-BP) heartfelt apology to Tony Hayward. It’s nothing new. Leaping to BP’s defense has become something of a wingnut meme.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) called the escrow “a redistribution-of-wealth fund” that could serve as a “gateway” for “more money to government.” A variety of right-wing media personalities — Limbaugh, Hannity, and Oliver North — all read from identical talking points, calling the independently-operated escrow account “a slush fund.”

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) continues to whine about the money set aside for the Gulf Coast, inexplicably telling the AP, “If they take a huge amount of money and put it in an escrow account so they can’t use it to drill oil wells and produce revenue, are they going to be able to pay us?”

This is surprising like, not at all. In addition to the fact that they’re just protecting their Sugar Daddy, it’s easy to understand Republicans’ motivations here.

When you think about it, it’s kind of surprising that most Republicans haven’t joined the Taliban by now. Oh wait…

People are impatient by nature. Had Bush not done TARP and had President Obama not enacted a Stimulus Plan the country would be much MUCH worse off right now... probably be in The Bush Depression.

But the Republicans knowing one can't 100% definitively prove that expected effect because it did not get the opportunity to happen, are eating at the trough of negativity as usual.:rolleyes:

This is very simple to me. I want to see President Obama continue to move forward and retain as much power in Congress because I've seen exactly what George Bush, Dick Cheney and the Republicans did... and this new group would be twice a bad.

The only people who should really vote Republican now are those who'd truly like to see more new big tax cuts to the rich running up our deficit, while going full speed backward on environmental policy, at the same time war spending is skyrocketed and crucial programs are slashed while unemployment stays the same.

Change horses in midstream back to the absolute horror of Republican leadership would be great for my "I told you so meter" but devastating to our great country.

thats what they are there for, scew things up and cry when you have to fix it.

Werbung:

"Voluntarily agreeing" seems to be the sticking point here. It seems that it is being argued they did not have much say in the matter, which is a somewhat iffy situation.

No Republican has said BP will not be responsible, they are critical of the manner the fund was established, which as I mentioned was somewhat iffy.

Quibbling about what House Congressman Barton is in

Just getting it right. ;)

doesn't change what he did or what many of his Republican cohorts were saying behind closed doors. As usual they prove to be carrying water for the big corporations and trying to protect them from full reimbursement for the damages & losses they cause to the regular everyday worker and to the environment.

In no way have Republicans attempted to prevent payment, they are simply critical of demanding that a company put aside $20 billion without first having their say in court.

None of those comments in any way indicate that BP is not responsible for paying for clean up...

I would argue at this point a divided government would be a great thing.

Back