Republicans vote for Huge budget cut..then vote against it when it passes...

Werbung:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/15/house-democrats-republicans-budget_n_849715.html

Republicans where all in favor of the huge cuts...unitil to there shock, it was going to pass...then they had to stop and change there votes.

Got to love Republicans when it comes down to practicing what they preach.

Your dishonesty is astounding...but at least the Huffington Post (more honestly than you) explained what actually happened.

Had the RSC plan passed, it would supersede the Ryan plan, and result in a far less workable plan...Republicans were forced to vote no because all the Democrats took a stand on the legislation and voted "present."

Politics at work, nothing more.

Your dishonesty is astounding...but at least the Huffington Post (more honestly than you) explained what actually happened.

Had the RSC plan passed, it would supersede the Ryan plan, and result in a far less workable plan...Republicans were forced to vote no because all the Democrats took a stand on the legislation and voted "present."

Politics at work, nothing more.

simple solution then...if the republicans did not like the plan, they could have voted against it...not for it...then out of fear of it passing, change votes.

But your theory is...they voted for a less workable plan, for cuts even they did not want...but only becuse they knew it would not pass....But yet I am dishonest? hmmm

At this point its all symbolic so who cares ?

Oh thats right, the party of masningl4ss symbolism and unyielding debt...

yes I agree that does sound like republicans...

Funny how you cry about the party of symbolism, while trying to support that backed this bill....only when it was nothing by a symbol...but when it could have passed, changed....

Thats fine, after all the party who came in on "jobs" has done nothing for jobs, but fought hard to attack NPR and Abortion...while taking Symbolic votes against Health care....

And debt lol realy. when a party says we have a debt problem, wants to lower taxes, and is against any talk of a tax increase with spending cuts...then we know what they they don't realy plan to deal with anything.

yes I agree that does sound like republicans...

Funny how you cry about the party of symbolism, while trying to support that backed this bill....only when it was nothing by a symbol...but when it could have passed, changed....

Thats fine, after all the party who came in on "jobs" has done nothing for jobs, but fought hard to attack NPR and Abortion...while taking Symbolic votes against Health care....

And debt lol realy. when a party says we have a debt problem, wants to lower taxes, and is against any talk of a tax increase with spending cuts...then we know what they they don't realy plan to deal with anything.

jobs have improved (albietly very modestly) despite the present administration since the GOP took the house. this is because it signaled a chance that Obama's disastrous policies were to be short lived.

simple solution then...if the republicans did not like the plan, they could have voted against it...not for it...then out of fear of it passing, change votes.

But your theory is...they voted for a less workable plan, for cuts even they did not want...but only becuse they knew it would not pass....But yet I am dishonest? hmmm

Yes, they could vote against it and democrats would make an issue, or they cold vote for it and be attacked as well. I will grant that Republicans were outmaneuvered politically, but what you are attacking them for is somewhat absurd.

Yes, they could vote against it and democrats would make an issue, or they cold vote for it and be attacked as well. I will grant that Republicans were outmaneuvered politically, but what you are attacking them for is somewhat absurd.

odd idea, if you don't want it to pass...dont vote for it,

If as a party you don't want it to pass...don't put it to a vote when its your bill.

I did not think this was a hard idea....don't vote for bills you don't like and vote for bills you do like...

jobs have improved (albietly very modestly) despite the present administration since the GOP took the house. this is because it signaled a chance that Obama's disastrous policies were to be short lived.

Yes its all the republicans doing...even though there is that nice steady improvement from when Obama took over...and that steady decline before that...but its all you of course...And they did it by just sitting there,...not becuse of any policy they did ( becuse that would require them to actually do something for jobs ...and jobs are not Abortion)

Typical republican...8 years of Bush is Dems Fault, but anything good under Obama is Republicans doing...even if you cant point to anything they did.

If as a party you don't want it to pass...don't put it to a vote when its your bill.

I did not think this was a hard idea....don't vote for bills you don't like and vote for bills you do like...

They did not want it to pass, hence it didn't. As for how one votes, maybe we can explain to Democrats that voting present is not really voting?

BigRob, et al,

This has the ring of some truth!

They did not want it to pass, hence it didn't. As for how one votes, maybe we can explain to Democrats that voting present is not really voting?
(COMMENT)

I tend to think that nearly every Politician inside the Washington Beltway has a reading comprehension problem.

And, you'll notice, not a one of them is talking about rebuilding America. Yet, they are spending all kinds of money overseas on helping countries that would just as soon as stab us in the back as look at us.

Most Respectfully,
R

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/15/house-democrats-republicans-budget_n_849715.html

Republicans where all in favor of the huge cuts...unitil to there shock, it was going to pass...then they had to stop and change there votes.

Got to love Republicans when it comes down to practicing what they preach.
There were going to vote for a law they did not want.

I do not know why there were going to vote for a law they did not want. Obviously the kind of game-playing I hate.

From another source I found:

"It was supposed to be a symbolic vote — one that allowed conservative members to go on the record in support of slashing $9 trillion in spending knowing full well it would never be adopted as the official"

And from another source:

"But voting against the RSC plan is also politically risky, since conservative activists have backed the plan over Ryan’s proposal"

I take from this that the pubs do not want to cut more than 9 trillion but thei base wants them to.

I have often said that the pubs are almost as statist as the dems and this proves it.

There were going to vote for a law they did not want.

I do not know why there were going to vote for a law they did not want. Obviously the kind of game-playing I hate.

From another source I found:

"It was supposed to be a symbolic vote — one that allowed conservative members to go on the record in support of slashing $9 trillion in spending knowing full well it would never be adopted as the official"

And from another source:

"But voting against the RSC plan is also politically risky, since conservative
activists have backed the plan over Ryan’s proposal"

I take from this that the pubs do not want to cut more than 9 trillion but thei base wants them to.

I have often said that the pubs are almost as statist as the dems and this proves it.

What it proves to me is that activists on both sides tend to ignore reality and think things that cannot be done can be done.

The votes do not exist to cut nine trillion dollars, but that fact will be lost on activists who wrongly (in my opinion) think gridlock and shutting down the government is the solution.

It would be like going to a car lot and thinking that Aston Martin looks great, but then realizing you do not have the ability to get it, so you get the Ford instead.

Werbung:

The Democrats are experts at what you have described. It's happened many, many times that Harry or Nancy would support legislation and then vote against it when they didn't have the votes to pass it, all done to save face.

PFOS, you have a very short memory and you are a hypocrite, just like all other leftists.

Back