Reputation system turned off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As of today the reputation system is permanently turned off.

I have pretty bad experiences with reputation systems on forums as it is easy to abuse - and it started to become a problem here, too.

Werbung:
It was the most fair thing to do.

Even though I had a lot of good rep built up it was worth losing it to stop those who thought fragging people with bad rep was cute just because they didn't like someone or their political leanings, not because their posts were actually bad...

you know who you are.

It was the most fair thing to do.

Even though I had a lot of good rep built up it was worth losing it to stop those who thought fragging people with bad rep was cute just because they didn't like someone or their political leanings, not because their posts were actually bad...

you know who you are.

Dang I should have copied and kept the many that I got. All random strange comments clearly based on the fact they did not like me or my views and not because I was attacking a person in my post or doing something I should not be doing. But you would not know about them because I didnt cry to you about it. Darn it, I should have :(

What does fragging mean?

Dang I should have copied and kept the many that I got. All random strange comments clearly based on the fact they did not like me or my views and not because I was attacking a person in my post or doing something I should not be doing. But you would not know about them because I didnt cry to you about it. Darn it, I should have :(

What does fragging mean?

I can't believe you actually commented on this after that game didn't work.

Fragging: Like a fragmentation bomb. You go in and blow up someones rep because you're loosing the debate.

You know...;)... right?

I can't believe you actually commented on this after that game didn't work.

Fragging: Like a fragmentation bomb. You go in and blow up someones rep because you're loosing the debate.

You know...;)... right?

You are going to have to fill me in some time on what you think because I am sort of lost here.

Such a pity.

I was hoping to get the most negative reputation.

There was a little group here that was abusing the rep system, as top gun said...you know who you are.

Excellent decision to turn it off.

Well, you were too late, the attack pack didn't target you...but their little scheme sort-of-back-fired. WAAAAAA what a shame! ;)

Too bad.

I got negative 1000+ points in another forum. I'm particularly proud of it. I never imagined so many morons (incapable of fashioning a rudimentary argument) inhabiting a single forum. After all, when you allow little red dots to do the arguing for you, it says so much about the gray matter between your ears -- or rather the lack of it.

What they don't know is that the more red dots I got, the more people actually read my ideas. When the forum crashed, I was relieved that they were able to save the reps.

Such predictably stupid people!

Too bad.

I got negative 1000+ points in another forum. I'm particularly proud of it. I never imagined so many morons (incapable of fashioning a rudimentary argument) inhabiting a single forum. After all, when you allow little red dots to do the arguing for you, it says so much about the gray matter between your ears -- or rather the lack of it.

What they don't know is that the more red dots I got, the more people actually read my ideas. When the forum crashed, I was relieved that they were able to save the reps.

Obviously you miss the whole concept of reputation.

And if you "want" bad reputation or have some convoluted bad rep way to get your posts read:confused:... good for you.

But the problem we were having here is people were going in and trying to tear others down unfairly and for no good reason just to build themselves (or their positions) up... which is the very definition of loathsome and cowardly.

Put it out on the board if you've got something to say and let it stand or fall in the sunlight of all those reading it. Don't just troll around in a back alley somewhere so no one (supposedly knows;)) who it is fragging them just because the fragger is pissed off that he can't win in public.

That my friend is what was stupid. But we have a good administrator and good Mods here that solved that problem... kudos to them.

the problem we were having here is people were going in and trying to tear others down unfairly and for no good reason just to build themselves (or their positions) up... which is the very definition of loathsome and cowardly.

Put it out on the board if you've got something to say and let it stand or fall in the sunlight of all those reading it. Don't just troll around in a back alley somewhere so no one (supposedly knows;)) who it is fragging them just because the fragger is pissed off that he can't win in public.

That my friend is what was stupid. But we have a good administrator and good Mods here that solved that problem... kudos to them.

So in your mind giving someone a neg rep point for insulting a fellow member is bad?

The first neg rep point I gave to asapc or anyone was over silhouette. She was attacking her personally in posts then attacking her in other threads where silhouette was not even a part of. Silhouette is not a friend of mine, I don’t think we even agree on anything. It was the point that it was wrong for her to be attacked so badly. She stopped posting here pretty much since then and even though I do not agree with her on almost anything, it was sad to see her seem “chased out”

If you think giving her a neg point and explaining in the comment section why in a polite way was wrong then fair enough. But to say it was about my not winning an argument is just flat silly. I gave her neg rep points for personal attacks to other members on this forum, she in return gave myself and Gen and I don’t know who all else neg rep points for things like Gen posted a debt clock.. No words with the post just the actual dept clock, for me asking a question and in the comment section never mentioned the post, just a good paragraph of personal insults.

Finally about the last two weeks before the system was shut down, when she would give me a neg rep point for.... pick a post any post because it was never about the posts it was just a way to send a personal insult to me, I started just sending them back to her. Wrong on my part, I can admit that. I should have just laughed it off.

It had gone on a long time before I finally got frustrated enough to give asapc a neg rep point over it and it was the first one I have ever given. I have only given one other neg rep point the rest were all positive. Many to you, to SamSara, to Mare and Popeye.

To say it was some gang effort??? If anything it is the other way around. I don’t know who did it but a couple of weeks ago a few people (obviously on the left) targeted Gen Seneca and reduced his points by over 20 in one day. Had the plan worked out for this group, they would be loving the rep system (the plan would have worked out too had it been better thought out)

The mods do not know that I was given neg rep points every other day by asapc with very nasty personal insults because I did not cry to the mods about it. They also do not know that Gen was hit so much that he lost over 20 points in one day because he did not go crying to the mods about it. Not to mention a dozen other times I was hit by random people who did not leave names and I know Gen told me the same happened to him.

But I really can not believe how you can twist this into being about losing an argument or ganging up on people.

If it makes you feel better to think I gave asapc neg points on posts that personally attacked other members in threads I was not even a part of because I was losing some argument with her then go ahead and feel that way, and if you want to pretend there was no gang hit on Gen trying to reduce his points not because his posts were bad, wrong or attacking then you can believe that too.

Coming from a party/mind set where

Sandy Berger can inadvertently shove classified documents down his underpants and in his socks and its ok... I should not expect any more or less.

Too bad.

Numinus you are one of the most intelligent, well read, and most educated in the advanced sciences and philosophy, that post here.

However, this is not a Mensa forum. Your behavior has been the equivalent of an intelligent person sitting in a room full of mentally challenged individuals, baiting and then making fun of them. Given your attributes, it would seem that you prefer to be a big frog in a very small pond rather than dwell on a Mensa forum where you would be just another frog in the pond. A perverse need for self-importance perhaps? An underlying need to humiliate? A feeling of inferiority. Hummm? (Please add what you feel are the appropriate number of "duhs" in your answer.)

So in your mind giving someone a neg rep point for insulting a fellow member is bad?

The first neg rep point I gave to asapc or anyone was over silhouette. She was attacking her personally in posts then attacking her in other threads where silhouette was not even a part of. Silhouette is not a friend of mine, I don’t think we even agree on anything. It was the point that it was wrong for her to be attacked so badly. She stopped posting here pretty much since then and even though I do not agree with her on almost anything, it was sad to see her seem “chased out”

If you think giving her a neg point and explaining in the comment section why in a polite way was wrong then fair enough. But to say it was about my not winning an argument is just flat silly. I gave her neg rep points for personal attacks to other members on this forum, she in return gave myself and Gen and I don’t know who all else neg rep points for things like Gen posted a debt clock.. No words with the post just the actual dept clock, for me asking a question and in the comment section never mentioned the post, just a good paragraph of personal insults.

Finally about the last two weeks before the system was shut down, when she would give me a neg rep point for.... pick a post any post because it was never about the posts it was just a way to send a personal insult to me, I started just sending them back to her. Wrong on my part, I can admit that. I should have just laughed it off.

It had gone on a long time before I finally got frustrated enough to give asapc a neg rep point over it and it was the first one I have ever given. I have only given one other neg rep point the rest were all positive. Many to you, to SamSara, to Mare and Popeye.

To say it was some gang effort??? If anything it is the other way around. I don’t know who did it but a couple of weeks ago a few people (obviously on the left) targeted Gen Seneca and reduced his points by over 20 in one day. Had the plan worked out for this group, they would be loving the rep system (the plan would have worked out too had it been better thought out)

The mods do not know that I was given neg rep points every other day by asapc with very nasty personal insults because I did not cry to the mods about it. They also do not know that Gen was hit so much that he lost over 20 points in one day because he did not go crying to the mods about it. Not to mention a dozen other times I was hit by random people who did not leave names and I know Gen told me the same happened to him.

But I really can not believe how you can twist this into being about losing an argument or ganging up on people.

If it makes you feel better to think I gave asapc neg points on posts that personally attacked other members in threads I was not even a part of because I was losing some argument with her then go ahead and feel that way, and if you want to pretend there was no gang hit on Gen trying to reduce his points not because his posts were bad, wrong or attacking then you can believe that too.

Coming from a party/mind set where

Sandy Berger can inadvertently shove classified documents down his underpants and in his socks and its ok... I should not expect any more or less.

Pandora you SERIOUSLY should have just kept quiet on this one.

Have you never heard the old saying... I think she protests to much?:rolleyes:

And then you bring up your hits on ASPCA... when ASPCA was never even mentioned.

OK I was trying to save you the personal front out... but now that you've even busted yourself out let's go there!

FIRST: It was you and a couple others that started the "let's give each other good rep & frag the mouthy Liberals every single chance we get". And it became crystal clear and we started looking into it only after a bragging post you made to that human insult factory "on your side" Bob the Builder.

You said something that caught everyone's eye. You said in effect... Hey Bob look at your rep. I don't think any of the Liberals have received that much rep and so quickly. Yeah it was quick... CHEATING QUICK! Double green dot rep in less than 300 posts... BUSTED!!! So we all knew and have known for a long time you were a major instigator on the rep war front. We just kept quite following the rep in essence giving you enough rope to hang yourselves.

SECONDLY: Until the rep started to be TRACKED most all of the Liberals on the board including me didn't even do the rep system... when we started recognizing the problem by the rapid swings I got several PM questions saying... Hey topgun what's this rep thing. Not only did many not use it... they didn't even know how to check it! This was mentioned to the Mods way back then.

Third: Your gang was so confident that you could frag anybody in any way in the back ally channel that you got so bold as to give "bad rep" to me & others for merely agreeing with someone else's post... i.e. on MY REP... Shaman is a dumbass. And then some of you just quit giving explanations all together... just a ;).

FORTH: After 5 or 6 members had all been notified and several documented the fragging there was a short period, perhaps a week, when as to not have to bother the administrator the idea was to just do the same thing back. The problem was that made posting in here less enjoyable because you had to spend as much time playing childish rep wars as you did posting to keep up with you all who were much more invested in it. This limited the time to post INFORMATION and debate out in the open... which is what we are really supposed to be here to do.

Eventually the administrator had seen enough and just removed it.

Now you go on and play the misinformation card if you like. Just like you did above when you said you almost never agreed with Shilo... which in reality you did all time... and like how you claim to be a Democrat when in all of your 6000+ posts I've never seen a single pro Democrat position and in fact are always on the leading edge of attacks on Democrats.

To summarize: The next time you think you've cooked up a plan and it's working because you're not hearing anyone complain about it, remember this old saying my grandpa told me...

Just because the woods are quiet doesn't mean the bears have left!;)

Werbung:
Pandora you SERIOUSLY should have just kept quiet on this one.

Have you never heard the old saying... I think she protests to much?:rolleyes:

And then you bring up your hits on ASPCA... when ASPCA was never even mentioned.

OK I was trying to save you the personal front out... but now that you've even busted yourself out let's go there!

FIRST: It was you and a couple others that started the "let's give each other good rep & frag the mouthy Liberals every single chance we get". And it became crystal clear and we started looking into it only after a bragging post you made to that human insult factory "on your side" Bob the Builder.

You said something that caught everyone's eye. You said in effect... Hey Bob look at your rep. I don't think any of the Liberals have received that much rep and so quickly. Yeah it was quick... CHEATING QUICK! Double green dot rep in less than 300 posts... BUSTED!!! So we all knew and have known for a long time you were a major instigator on the rep war front. We just kept quite following the rep in essence giving you enough rope to hang yourselves.

SECONDLY: Until the rep started to be TRACKED most all of the Liberals on the board including me didn't even do the rep system... when we started recognizing the problem by the rapid swings I got several PM questions saying... Hey topgun what's this rep thing. Not only did many not use it... they didn't even know how to check it! This was mentioned to the Mods way back then.

Third: Your gang was so confident that you could frag anybody in any way in the back ally channel that you got so bold as to give "bad rep" to me & others for merely agreeing with someone else's post... i.e. on MY REP... Shaman is a dumbass. And then some of you just quit giving explanations all together... just a ;).

FORTH: After 5 or 6 members had all been notified and several documented the fragging there was a short period, perhaps a week, when as to not have to bother the administrator the idea was to just do the same thing back. The problem was that made posting in here less enjoyable because you had to spend as much time playing childish rep wars as you did posting to keep up with you all who were much more invested in it. This limited the time to post INFORMATION and debate out in the open... which is what we are really supposed to be here to do.

Eventually the administrator had seen enough and just removed it.

Now you go on and play the misinformation card if you like. Just like you did above when you said you almost never agreed with Shilo... which in reality you did all time... and like how you claim to be a Democrat when in all of your 6000+ posts I've never seen a single pro Democrat position and in fact are always on the leading edge of attacks on Democrats.

To summarize: The next time you think you've cooked up a plan and it's working because you're not hearing anyone complain about it, remember this old saying my grandpa told me...

Just because the woods are quiet doesn't mean the bears have left!;)

Double green 300 posts. Did you not notice you also turning turning double green in the same time? And Andy and Gen and Bob and PLC1. Within 2 days all these names went double green, you included. You all started getting points at the same time, the number of posts you have is not the point, its if others are giving you points on those posts. You were double green the same day he was because others were giving you points starting about the same time people were giving him points.

I can only speak for myself here but I know I was giving you all pos points every other day. I only quit giving them to you after Gen got hit by a gang of people and lost 20 pts in a day.

I never gave you any notes saying anything about Shaman, I did give shaman a pos point though for a funny thing he said in a post.

I dont know where you get your idea that I am friends with silhouette. I supose back in the primary when she wanted Hillary, we agreed on that but since then I know of nothing, actually dont you remember when she made the thread about me. I never complaned about it but eventually mods took it down. Liking her or not liking her has nothing to do with it. If anyone was attacked constantly on here post after post in various threads I would have a problem with it.

and I brought up asapc for one reason. She is the person I gave neg points to and I wanted to state my reasons. I did give a neg point to one other person once the day before the system shut down and I should not have. He had given two to me, both rude and I was fustrated, but that is not a good reason to give them so I should have just rolled my eyes and moved on.

I am glad the system is shut down too. But I am fustrated that you have come to a conclusion about me without ever asking me or talking to me.

The gang that hit gen for over 20 points in a day, I dont know who they are. I guess I could just instantly decide you were part of it since you were one of the only hard leftie with high enough points to do it. But I think its wrong to just assume you were part of it without ever talking to you or asking you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back