Responce to the people who are predicting a negitive outcome from the revolutions

JayMick

I just want to agree with all the people that are saying that this is a situation that evil elements are trying to take advantage of. No doubt that revolutions of this kind are definitely susceptible to divisive elements. However, it seems as if the positive aspects of the human condition seem to be outweighing the negative. The fact remains that these people are enslaved by tyrants and they want freedom. American and the world can only hope for the best once these people get their wishes.

I can sit here and dream up many hypothetical outcomes from all this that are bad for America. However, it is even easier to see a future that we can look forward to. I know many Libyans will use the internet to network with people in the West and friendships will be established out of our similarities. It is also inevitable that the Libyan people will get online and be able to go back and read whether or not the American people really supported them throughout this situation. Personally, I would want them to know; that regardless of the future, I supported their freedom because it was the right thing to do and it was in their best interests. I want them to see that America supports the freedom of all people and not just when it is in our best interests.

So, I understand the skeptics and the negative sentiment of some that forecast a negative outcome from these revolutions. However, the people oppressed by tyrants will be freed. The process has already started and it cannot be stopped. The taste of liberty changes all who drink from the chalice of freedom. There is no going back. Just know you play a part in the future. Having positivity and hope in the face of danger doesn’t oppress your mind. It is what sets others’ free.

By: Jay Mick

Werbung:
I just want to agree with all the people that are saying that this is a situation that evil elements are trying to take advantage of. No doubt that revolutions of this kind are definitely susceptible to divisive elements. However, it seems as if the positive aspects of the human condition seem to be outweighing the negative. The fact remains that these people are enslaved by tyrants and they want freedom. American and the world can only hope for the best once these people get their wishes.

I can sit here and dream up many hypothetical outcomes from all this that are bad for America. However, it is even easier to see a future that we can look forward to. I know many Libyans will use the internet to network with people in the West and friendships will be established out of our similarities. It is also inevitable that the Libyan people will get online and be able to go back and read whether or not the American people really supported them throughout this situation. Personally, I would want them to know; that regardless of the future, I supported their freedom because it was the right thing to do and it was in their best interests. I want them to see that America supports the freedom of all people and not just when it is in our best interests.

So, I understand the skeptics and the negative sentiment of some that forecast a negative outcome from these revolutions. However, the people oppressed by tyrants will be freed. The process has already started and it cannot be stopped. The taste of liberty changes all who drink from the chalice of freedom. There is no going back. Just know you play a part in the future. Having positivity and hope in the face of danger doesn’t oppress your mind. It is what sets others’ free.

well said my friend..I hope and pray your right.

best regards
doug

I appreciate your sentiments, and don't disagree...but the reality is that flowery rhetoric and positive sentiments do not ensure successful revolutions. Success will come when concrete transition plans are in place, and current ruling bodies (ie the Egyptian Army) realize they are now responsible for implementing such a change.

Otherwise, the only option is failure.

Mauritania still has problems with slavery. These people are going to free them selves from these situations. So you might as well get on board, have some faith, and hope for the best. There are going to be some bumps in the road for us. But the people got set free. Enjoy the process.

Mauritania still has problems with slavery. These people are going to free them selves from these situations. So you might as well get on board, have some faith, and hope for the best. There are going to be some bumps in the road for us. But the people got set free. Enjoy the process.

So you think the outcome will be great, even in the absence of a plan?

The plan is to free the enslaved. That is what being an American is about. It will work out for us if we just do the right thing for the world. It is called empathy. You put yourself in their situation. If you were them you would want full support of all free counties and you would want it without having to sell out your future to the West in order to get it. Get Kadaffi out of power now and help them set up their own government. Help them end this now. Afterwards we leave. If the people call to be freed from a dictator we help them.

The plan is to free the enslaved. That is what being an American is about. It will work out for us if we just do the right thing for the world. It is called empathy. You put yourself in their situation. If you were them you would want full support of all free counties and you would want it without having to sell out your future to the West in order to get it. Get Kadaffi out of power now and help them set up their own government. Help them end this now. Afterwards we leave. If the people call to be freed from a dictator we help them.

Great let's help them out it is the right thing to do. It is the right thing to send soldiers overseas to die for this righteous cause so you can sit behind a computer screen and cheer them on. It is the right thing to completely disregard the sovereignty of the nations in that region after all we know best. We know pissing off the regional powers and starting a war to "liberate" the people of Egypt by destroying their home, making it into a war zone. Rhetoric can only go so far without substance.

So...empathy will create a successful government? That is absurd. Successful governments are not easy to create.

Werbung:
so why then do you seem to take such issue with Egypts army not creating one fast enough?

As I said before and will say again, my issue is not with their speed... My issue is with their apparent lack of clarity and a workable transition plan.

Back