Return of anti-WM TV ads

Libsmasher

Remember the exceptionally offensive WaMu "hip banker" series?

I saw this one on TV the other day. It speaks for itself.

I thought the anti-WM ads were fading away for awhile, but they're back and as offensive as ever. When are self-respecting white males going to fight back against this endless defamation by the lib media?

Werbung:
Check this one out by Avis. Black guys and white women are cool, white guys are out of touch and clueless. The especially vile thing about this ad is that they dare to use the kind of music created and listened to by mostly white males.

I'm a white male and I don't find either of the ads the least bit offensive. Maybe it's because I realize that I've been afforded advantages throughout my lifetime that women and minorities have been denied.

I can guarantee you those that would dwell on such pettiness are all white males that would never trade their gender or the color of their skin for another.

I'm a white male and I don't find either of the ads the least bit offensive. Maybe it's because I realize that I've been afforded advantages throughout my lifetime that women and minorities have been denied.

Yeah, the old "I haven't suffered anti-white discrimination, therefore anti-white discrimination doesn't exist" non-argument. And I notice that's the type of white male who supports anti-white discrimination: they are from a privileged background that insulated them, or they are older and established and in positions where anti-white discrimination can't harm them personally (eg, they are CEOs or tenured professors). I grew up under conditions of extreme poverty, I never had any privileges, and yet all through school and now in the corporate world I've watched while blacks from middle-class backgrounds have been showered with privileges, on the theory that since they are black, they must have been underprivileged. But your or my state of privilege is neither here nor there - the singling out of a particular race and gender for ridicule is racist/sexist, pure and simple.

I can guarantee you those that would dwell on such pettiness are all white males that would never trade their gender or the color of their skin for another.

Notice how persistent, systematic defamation of the identity of a specific race/gender group is fine as long as it's white males, but ANYTHING else, and the PC Marines are called out, and everyone within a range of fifty miles is fired or sent to racial sensitivity training. This is the liberal double standard: racism isn't racism as long as it's directed against white males.

Well stated. I also have witnessed the double standard that has taken away self responsibility from some races and groups. It is a sad situation
when the white pansies wilt under the fear of being called racists or bigots.
Who are they trying to appease? Or maybe I should say, who are they trying to impress.
I know many blacks that would rather be judged by what they contribute instead of being handed undeserved treatment due to the color of their skin.

Well stated. I also have witnessed the double standard that has taken away self responsibility from some races and groups. It is a sad situation
when the white pansies wilt under the fear of being called racists or bigots.
Who are they trying to appease? Or maybe I should say, who are they trying to impress.
I know many blacks that would rather be judged by what they contribute instead of being handed undeserved treatment due to the color of their skin.

My best guess as to why the corporations sponsor these ads is that they judge minorities to be a growth segment of consumer spending, and are pandering to the presumed anti-white male racism in those groups. Such an appeal ought to be at best condescending and at worst insulting to non-racist blacks. Now, the despicable immorality of such ads aside, why don't corporations worry about alienating the white male customers they already have? Because experience has shown that you can screw over white males left and right, and the overwhelming majority of them never complain, much less burn down cities. THAT is the part of this whole scene that puzzles me.

Check this one out by Avis. Black guys and white women are cool, white guys are out of touch and clueless. The especially vile thing about this ad is that they dare to use the kind of music created and listened to by mostly white males.

so its racist becuse one white guy did not get his 80's hair metal music thing? SOmething I would add is more geared to white males anyway, but maybe not his age range....but a 2nd white did...a woman....so that means racist? so I guess what you want is only one race in any add and if they are white males with a 2nd gender or race, can they be shown in anything less then perfect light......

its a ad, it has no race to it at all, 10 bucks says race of people in the had more to do with who they picked as best...not that said no the guy has to be black....and then sing 80's hair metal.

and you cry aboout libs being so PC....your must be the most easy offended person I have seen.

so its racist becuse one white guy did not get his 80's hair metal music thing?

Obviously, that disconnect is because the people in the ad agencies are in their 40s. That aspect is not the point - the anti-white male racism is the point.

SOmething I would add is more geared to white males anyway, but maybe not his age range....but a 2nd white did...a woman....so that means racist? so I guess what you want is only one race in any add and if they are white males with a 2nd gender or race, can they be shown in anything less then perfect light......

Ah, here's your illogic: I don't want one kind of racism, so I must want another kind of racism. That is almost a reportable insult toward me.

its a ad, it has no race to it at all, 10 bucks says race of people in the had more to do with who they picked as best...not that said no the guy has to be black....and then sing 80's hair metal.

Absolutely unsupportable - it's crystal clear that race plays a BIG, BIGGGGGGGGG role in TV ads, as anyone could tell by the carefully balanced ethnicity in the overwhelming number of ads, just as it's crystal clear that it's nearly ALWAYS the white guy selected out for the role of the idiot.

and you cry aboout libs being so PC....your must be the most easy offended person I have seen.

You and all the libs screech like stuck pigs whenever your super-sensitive "racism" antennas detect the slightest ripple of negative comment about minorities, yet opposition to anti-white racism is being "PC". It gets back to what I said before in this thread - when it comes to race, libs have a brazen double standard.

My best guess as to why the corporations sponsor these ads is that they judge minorities to be a growth segment of consumer spending, and are pandering to the presumed anti-white male racism in those groups. Such an appeal ought to be at best condescending and at worst insulting to non-racist blacks. Now, the despicable immorality of such ads aside, why don't corporations worry about alienating the white male customers they already have? Because experience has shown that you can screw over white males left and right, and the overwhelming majority of them never complain, much less burn down cities. THAT is the part of this whole scene that puzzles me.

As someone who's been a White male almost my whole life :) my question would be... What exactly "IS" wrong with these ads? That there's some Black People in them???

It's supposed to be funny... It's humorous.:D

I'm quite sure the ad agencies are trying hard to hit all demagraphics... which would make perfect sense.

Maybe you just were out the day this happened...

ATTENTION BACK IN THE HOLLERS! There are Black People who go to Hotels and Rent Cars!

Now I know that's shocking but get this... They don't even need Masters approval to put their mark on thems there papers and just go right on in and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!:D

I'll tell ya what. In fairness I'll look around and find ya a couple totally pure White as the driven snow commercials. Commercials that don't let them Black Folk get to dang uppity!

I found some... here we go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ESamxj6Jpw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf2aI0CPqQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypIbTpnuNgg

The main idea zipped over your head. Your videos are COMPLETELY irrelevent.

The sure sign of the death of a thread - the arrival of :)D:p:)) "top gun". :rolleyes:

The main idea zipped over your head. Your videos are COMPLETELY irrelevent.

The sure sign of the death of a thread - the arrival of "top gun".

Not really the death of a thread... maybe just the outing of some paranoid hooded ones.

You know you related a little to that KKKHarmony one... come on...:D

The point is that there are all kinds of funny, spoofy, meant to be humorous commercials and ads out there that are of all races and stereotypes. It's all in how it's intended. If it's intended to hurt someone then of course it's wrong.

If it's obviously over the top humor... it's a spoof... and if you can't take a spoof... then you're obviously wound too tight.:)

Werbung:
Not really the death of a thread... maybe just the outing of some paranoid hooded ones.

You know you related a little to that KKKHarmony one... come on...:D

The point is that there are all kinds of funny, spoofy, meant to be humorous commercials and ads out there that are of all races and stereotypes. It's all in how it's intended. If it's intended to hurt someone then of course it's wrong.

If it's obviously over the top humor... it's a spoof... and if you can't take a spoof... then you're obviously wound too tight.:)

This thread is for people who are capable of debating the issue with a reasonable degree of intelligence - that would exclude you - scram.

Back