RNC shells out 150K for Palin shopping sprees

Popeye

This woman is not only costing the GOP votes but apparently she's costing them money too...as in shopping trips to Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.

the Republican National Committee appears to have spent more than $150,000 to clothe and accessorize vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family since her surprise pick by John McCain in late August.

According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.

The records also document a couple of big-time shopping trips to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September.

The RNC also spent $4,716.49 on hair and makeup through September after reporting no such costs in August.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14805.html

Werbung:
This is relevant how?

Oh thats right, its not.... and you keep repeating the claim that she's costing McCain Votes.... He picked up more votes with her than he would have with any other candidate.

This is relevant how?
Gee.....she sounds like another big-spending Bu$h-clone, to ME!! :rolleyes:

Sounds like she claimin' her kids, as "advisors", as WELL!!!!

O.K., wait.....that one makes sense.

"Don't be surprised if she heads back north, starts Palin University and digests enough sound-bites to pass as relatively competent within a few years. Based on the lunacy we've seen from the base, I"d say the chance of Palin remaining a cult hero and national figure remains very high. Just look at Dick Nixon."

This is relevant how?
You no doubt along with your right wing friends made an issue of John Edwards and his $400 haircuts..well that's nothing compared to this. Oh I know, she's just a regular average hockey mom...that spends 150k a month on clothes and hair.

Oh thats right, its not.... and you keep repeating the claim that she's costing McCain Votes.... He picked up more votes with her than he would have with any other candidate.

Speculation

Considering McCain's current position in the polls, she sure hasn't been a positive influence. She's polarized the electorate, energizing Obama supporters and driving former Hillary backers back into the fold. Thanks Sarah!

Still havin' that little reading-comprehension issue, huh? :rolleyes:

Still regretting your early donation, huh? :rolleyes:
Obama_Logos_Brains.jpg

Weren't you just complaining about substance? A hypocrite...you're a typical Republican

If you offer substance, I'll reply in kind.

You offer nothing of substance, I'll reply in kind.

Do you see how that works... Mr. Hypocrite and typical Democrat? :rolleyes:

This woman is not only costing the GOP votes but apparently she's costing them money too...as in shopping trips to Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14805.html

NOW YOU'VE JUST GONE AND BLOWN MY WHOLE IMAGE OF CARIBOU BARBIE!

You mean to tell me that she's not a WalMart hockey mom. Not a pit bull with lipstick? You mean Sarah Palin is a phony Neiman Marcus big spending elitist... a cheap fake celebrity! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:eek:

What's next Popeye... Joe the plumber isn't really a plumber... be still my heart.:)

You mean to tell me that she's not a WalMart hockey mom. Not a pit bull with lipstick? You mean Sarah Palin is a phony Neiman Marcus big spending elitist... a cheap fake celebrity! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:eek:

What's next Popeye... Joe the plumber isn't really a plumber... be still my heart.:)

So Palin is what she is for her entire life, and then she gets some new clothes and now she is a snotty elitist?

In a world where image is everything, you are surprised that money was spent to enhance her image....

And the Joe the Plumber comments have long been discredited. It is not about the man, it is the response his question generated.

I have to say that $150,000 is excessive. Go to Neiman-Marcus or Saks 5th Avenue's sites and see what a good business suit, shoes and a handbag cost. You will find it quite easy to outfit a woman in world-class attire for $2,000 to $3,000 per outfit. Unless they outfitted the entire Palin clan, spending $150,000 is ridiculous.

Werbung:

Unbelievable isn't it? This is another PR nightmare for the McCain campaign. In one trip alone to Neiman Marcus, $75,062.63 was spent...and this is the average everyday hockey mom looking out for Joe six pack?.....sure.

Back