Robotics, Unemployment, and Loss of Jobs

99.9% of companies that fail get no bailout. And the few that did should not have.

99.9% means nothing. Look at the dollars involved...they are far from insignificant.

When the nations largest banks, car cos., ins. cos., and other "green" cos, get bailed out, it is NOT INSIGNIFICANT, which I suspect you are trying to claim. Big politically connected companies control our government and particularly the big banks control our government. Again...this is what you get in a Kleptocracy.

If you are trying to assert that a very small number of companies get bailed out, so not to worry, our economic system is still working properly. I could not disagree more.

Werbung:
I like Robots. It replaces slavery
future-of-robots-21516240.jpg

She could get me a beer answer the door, clean my house and make my bed.

Adapt or fail...its fairly simple.

Or...buy off lots of politicians to obtain sweetheart deals and legislation that PROTECTS your business from failure and smaller competitors...allowing you to get bigger and gain even more political power....then you never have to worry about the consequences of failing to adapt...Uncle will always bail you out.

It would be great if America was operating under a free market capitalist system with rule of law. To think we are doing so today, is deluding yourself.

Or...buy off lots of politicians to obtain sweetheart deals and legislation that PROTECTS your business from failure and smaller competitors...allowing you to get bigger and gain even more political power....then you never have to worry about the consequences of failing to adapt...Uncle will always bail you out.

It would be great if America was operating under a free market capitalist system with rule of law. To think we are doing so today, is deluding yourself.

i believe this thread and that post were.speaking of individuals.
nobody is arguing that the govt playing favorites and otherwise being a gravy train for some is good.

i believe this thread and that post were.speaking of individuals.
nobody is arguing that the govt playing favorites and otherwise being a gravy train for some is good.

So, individuals are held to a standard of adapt or fail, but not big corporations. I am not suggesting you think this, but it is the reality of our economic system. It is entirely unfair and most Unamerican.

So, individuals are held to a standard of adapt or fail, but not big corporations. I am not suggesting you think this, but it is the reality of our economic system. It is entirely unfair and most Unamerican.

no, not at all fair or american.

but two wrongs dont make a right. do need a way to end the gravy train. ive only been able think of one and there is no chance of it happening.

no, not at all fair or american.

but two wrongs dont make a right. do need a way to end the gravy train. ive only been able think of one and there is no chance of it happening.

I am not suggesting two wrongs be allowed, as you well know. Our economic system is entirely unfair when smaller firms and individual entrepreneurs are held to a standard of adapt or fail, while big firms are not. For those in this thread who think this is appropriate, I strongly disagree with.

The solution is an easy one. Free market capitalism with stringent adherence to the rule of law...and applied to all without exception. But the likelihood of this occurring is about zero in the Age of Ignorance (aka Age of Liberalism). So this terribly unfair system will continue....and those who think a standard of adapt or fail for smaller firms is just fine, are not thinking.

I am not suggesting two wrongs be allowed, as you well know. Our economic system is entirely unfair when smaller firms and individual entrepreneurs are held to a standard of adapt or fail, while big firms are not. For those in this thread who think this is appropriate, I strongly disagree with.

The solution is an easy one. Free market capitalism with stringent adherence to the rule of law...and applied to all without exception. But the likelihood of this occurring is about zero in the Age of Ignorance (aka Age of Liberalism). So this terribly unfair system will continue....and those who think a standard of adapt or fail for smaller firms is just fine, are not thinking.

dont think anyone is ok with the bailouts. Rob sees subsides differently though i dont believe he expanded on that.

id be delightef to see all this crony capitalism go. you could make a case that Iococca 's loan turned out ok but even that was a bandaid as evidenced by its collspse recently.

but crony capitalism is ingrained in all governments, not just ours. solving that requires boldness beyond any likely

Werbung:

dont think anyone is ok with the bailouts. Rob sees subsides differently though i dont believe he expanded on that.

id be delightef to see all this crony capitalism go. you could make a case that Iococca 's loan turned out ok but even that was a bandaid as evidenced by its collspse recently.

but crony capitalism is ingrained in all governments, not just ours. solving that requires boldness beyond any likely

Back