Rod Blagojevich - Senate votes unanimously

The Scotsman

SPRINGFIELD — Sweeping aside six years of scandal and crippling political infighting with a historic impeachment vote, the state Senate on Thursday ousted one governor for abusing his power and anointed another who built his political career around having no power at all.

Senators voted 59-0 to remove Rod Blagojevich, who walked out of the silent chamber after delivering an impassioned plea for mercy. Within hours, they applauded his former running mate and lieutenant governor, Patrick Quinn, who was sworn in as the state's 41st governor vowing a new course for Illinois.

"The ordeal is over," said Quinn, long viewed as an unwelcome outsider by the state's political establishment. "In this moment, our hearts are hurt. And it's very important to know that we have a duty, a mission to restore the faith of the people of Illinois in the integrity of their government."

He replaced a defiant Blagojevich, 52, the first Democratic governor in a quarter century and the first governor in Illinois history to be impeached. After racing back to his Chicago house before the vote could deprive him of a ride home on the state plane, Blagojevich once again said he was the victim of a rush to judgment.

full story here :-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-blagojevich-mainbarjan30,0,923624.story

Werbung:
I was watching a debate about this. according to people in the court house he was not kicked out for the senate seat selling stuff, it was about letting the people in his state get reduced price meds from Canada. ( I am personally against letting people do that) but its not a very good reason to do what they did.

and apparently those who voted against him are all in the pockets of the Pharmaceutical companies. (who I usually defend)

So I dont know it seems like a jerk was kicked out by other equal jerks but all for the wrong reasons.

Werbung:
I was watching a debate about this. according to people in the court house he was not kicked out for the senate seat selling stuff, it was about letting the people in his state get reduced price meds from Canada. ( I am personally against letting people do that) but its not a very good reason to do what they did.

and apparently those who voted against him are all in the pockets of the Pharmaceutical companies. (who I usually defend)

So I dont know it seems like a jerk was kicked out by other equal jerks but all for the wrong reasons.

or someone is buying into a guys rants ....you realy think all those dems voted to Impeach him over drugs from Canada...something a majority of libs support...

Back