Ron Paul set to exceed second quarter fundraising - momentum builds

Truth-Bringer

Pay Pals — Paul supporters reach into their pockets

By Klaus Marre

September 25, 2007

Supporters of long-shot GOP presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) are putting their money where their mouth is — the Internet.

With the third quarter drawing to a close, the campaign said it expects to exceed the $2.4 million haul it brought in during the second quarter, even though fundraising is usually slower in the summer.

“We will exceed our fundraising from last quarter — by exactly how much is yet to be seen,” Paul’s communications director, Jesse Benton, said. “We have a lot of money coming in online and have also launched a successful high-dollar funder program.”

Paul supports libertarian positions and is the only GOP presidential candidate to speak out against the war in Iraq. He has been at the receiving end of harsh criticism from other candidates for his Iraq stance, including during Republican debates.

However, the same positions have made him the darling of the online community, with enthusiastic Paul supporters swamping opinion sites and swarming Internet polls.

As campaigns sprint toward the fundraising finish line, it seems the online community is stepping up its financial support of Paul.

The lawmaker’s website is urging supporters to give $500,000 in the week prior to the deadline, and it appears as though that goal will be surpassed easily.

Benton said the campaign sent out an e-mail announcing the initiative, which is also prominently featured on Paul’s website, at noon on Monday. A little more than a day later $170,000 had been raised, with additional donations coming in at a rate of a little more than $10,000 every hour.

Link

Werbung:
Yeah, what's up with that? It used to be just the news sections that didn't always let us edit, but it seems to be spreading.

Mods?

I'm the least techy of all the mods so I wouldn't know where to begin to help you guys. My edit feature works fine (for everyone's posts, in fact). I brought it up in the Mod forum and hopefully somebody will figure this out. My apologies.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

October 3, 2007

Paul Campaign Raises Over $5,000,000 In Third Quarter

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA - The Ron Paul 2008 presidential campaign raised $5,080,000 during the third quarter of 2007. That is an impressive 114 percent increase from the second quarter.

Cash on hand for the Paul campaign is $5,300,000.

"Dr. Paul's message is freedom, peace and prosperity," said Paul campaign chairman Kent Snyder. "As these fundraising numbers show, more Americans each day are embracing Dr. Paul's message."

Ron Paul's 114 percent increase is in stark contrast to the decrease suffered by Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and John McCain. Romney's fundraising was down 29 percent. Giuliani was down 40 percent. McCain was down 55 percent.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

October 3, 2007

Paul Campaign Raises Over $5,000,000 In Third Quarter

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA - The Ron Paul 2008 presidential campaign raised $5,080,000 during the third quarter of 2007. That is an impressive 114 percent increase from the second quarter.

Cash on hand for the Paul campaign is $5,300,000.

"Dr. Paul's message is freedom, peace and prosperity," said Paul campaign chairman Kent Snyder. "As these fundraising numbers show, more Americans each day are embracing Dr. Paul's message."

Ron Paul's 114 percent increase is in stark contrast to the decrease suffered by Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and John McCain. Romney's fundraising was down 29 percent. Giuliani was down 40 percent. McCain was down 55 percent.

Ron Paul this, Ron Paul that, the "momentum builds", towards what? He's got a small cult-like following, sort of like Lyndon LaRouche.

Ron Paul this, Ron Paul that, the "momentum builds", towards what? He's got a small cult-like following, sort of like Lyndon LaRouche.

ROTFL. Getting worried? That "small cult following" just boosted his third quarter donations by a higher percentage than any other candidate. $5 million is not a "small cult following." Those are $10, $25, and $50 donations coming from people all over the country.

We'll see when the primaries arrive. Polls aren't always accurate. And a lot of people are still undecided.

Yes, I can see it now, Ron Paul taking the oath of office of the presidency on Inauguration Day. Those undecided voters are going to put him over the top. Do you also believe the world is flat? How about alien abduction, you believe in that too ?

How about alien abduction, you believe in that too ?

I was abducted by aliens. See?

Abduction%20Logo.png

...what?

Yes, I can see it now, Ron Paul taking the oath of office of the presidency on Inauguration Day. Those undecided voters are going to put him over the top. Do you also believe the world is flat? How about alien abduction, you believe in that too ?

Well we certainly know you believe in logical fallacies, because you've just given us another Straw Man.

We weren't discussing the GENERAL election, Einstein.

Werbung:
Back