Ron Paul "Still In The Race"

Werbung:
Yup, guess who thinks he still has a shot at the Oval Office:

Click Here for Video

Anyone out there on the forum still think Ron Paul has a chance at the Presidency?

Ron Paul knows he doesn't have much of a shot at winning the race. However, his supporters want him to continue the race, and he is going to do so. Since no other major party candidate will stand for liberty and unalienable rights, I think he feels the need to give people that option at the voting booth.

He has also stated numerous times recently that he wants to turn the campaign into a long term political movement for more liberty. That is the real reason he's still appearing in public and still giving speeches.

And, frankly, the man is still getting a lot of votes, over 128,000 in the Pennsylvania primary, and over 700,000 total so far I believe. He will probably top a million before it's all over. Many people want to be able to choose an honest candidate to vote for, and he gives them that option.

Another point on the votes - there are a lot more people who would have liked to have voted for Ron Paul, but didn't only because they were always being told by the media that he didn't have a chance. This was repeated to me last weekend by a close family friend. This lady LOVES Ron Paul, but she admitted to me that she "just couldn't vote for him because I kept hearing on TV that he didn't have a chance."

IF he went as a 3d party and IF every voter who is unhappy with the D and R choice just voted for Ron Paul, he would easily win.

He's not going to do that, because he really is trying to create a movement to take back the Republican Party. And the more I listen to his other supporters on the Ron Paul forums, I think that actually may be the best strategy.

The choices suck this time as usual.......

No doubt. I'll be voting third party in the election.

He's not going to do that, because he really is trying to create a movement to take back the Republican Party. And the more I listen to his other supporters on the Ron Paul forums, I think that actually may be the best strategy..

How can he take back the party if he isn't the nom? Is he hoping for VP or is he hoping for McCain to drop out?

No doubt. I'll be voting third party in the election.

I have voted 3d party a few times and I will again unless Obama is in the race. My vote will be to help who ever has the best chance to beat Obama. If Obama drops out or falls into Mel's hole or something great like that, then I might vote 3d party.

How can he take back the party if he isn't the nom? Is he hoping for VP or is he hoping for McCain to drop out?

He would never seek to do it top down - it's going to come from the bottom up. The strategies are being laid out by his supporters, who are becoming more active and running for office themselves. They're also becoming more active at the delegate level. Just as Bush is creating more young Democrats, he's also creating more young Ron Paul Republicans.

I have voted 3d party a few times and I will again unless Obama is in the race. My vote will be to help who ever has the best chance to beat Obama. If Obama drops out or falls into Mel's hole or something great like that, then I might vote 3d party.

Obama wouldn't be half as dangerous as Hillary. Look at it this way - Obama is inexeperienced. It will take him a year to get his feet wet and start things moving. Hillary on the other hand would come in and start trying to ram legislation down everyone's throat on day one.

Also, you guys aren't thinking about Congress. There will be a cyclical recession in 2009 or 2010, just as there is a recession every ten years. It will be blamed on whoever is in office. If it's McCain, then Democrats will win many more Congressional seats, probably insuring that they will control Congress for another 10 years at least. If a Democrat is in the White House, then the Republicans have a shot at taking Congress back - and this time maybe some true conservatives will win. You've got to look at the big picture.

He has as much a chance given any realistic scenario of me ice skating in hell.

I'm just amazed anyone is still talking about Ron Paul and the Presidency. It's like saying Dennis Kucinich is just laying low waiting for a chance to make his move. :)

Ron Paul had "some" fairly decent ideas. He's smarter than his Party and that's exactly why they will never give him any chance in the Republican Party. They'd rather make fun of him like they tried to do in the debates.

You all know I'm going Democrat all the way but I'll admit the only time I wasn't saying, "These guys are absolutely complete idiots and throwing stuff at the TV" was when Ron Paul was allowed to get a word in.

He ought to switch over to the Democrats. At least they wouldn't crack on him like the Republicans do.

Ron Paul #1 on New York Times Bestseller List

Ron Paul's The Revolution: A Manifesto will be #1 on the May 18th New York Times bestseller list, to the cheers of every good libertarian and conservative, and to the snarls of every bad guy. How sweet it is.

Link

Ron Paul will of course lose the election, but his ideals will live on. A movement is building...

Werbung:
I'm going to vote for RON PAUL regardless if hes still in it or not!! I don't think I could live with myself if I voted for the other PUPPETS. :)

Back