Ron Paul Wins @ CPAC

Werbung:
Please... Take 3 mins of your time to watch this speech by Ron Paul:

What if our foreign policy of the past century is deeply flawed and has not served our national security interests?

What if we wake up one day and realize that the terrorist threat is a predictable consequence of our meddling in the affairs of others and has nothing to do with us being free and prosperous?

What if propping up repressive regimes in the middle east endangers both the United States and Israel?

What if occupying countries like Iraq and Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan is directly related to the hatred directed toward us?

What if someday it dawns on us that losing over 5000 American military personnel in the middle east since 9/11 is not a fair trade off for the loss of nearly 3000 American citizens, no matter how many Iraqi, Pakistani and Afghan people are killed or displaced?

What if we decide that torture, even if called enhanced interrogation technique, is self destructive and produces no useful information and that contracting it out to a third world nation is just as evil?

What if it is finally realized that War and military spending is always destructive to the economy?

What if all wartime spending is paid for through the deceitful and evil process of inflating and borrowing?

What if we finally see that wartime conditions always undermine personal liberty?

What if conservatives, who preach small government, wake up and realize that our interventionist foreign policy provides the greatest incentive to expand the government?

What if conservatives understood once again that their only logical position is to reject military intervention and managing an empire throughout the world?

What if the American people woke up and understood that the official reasons for going to war are almost always based on lies and promoted by war propaganda in order to serve special interests?

What if we as a nation came to realize that the quest for empire eventually destroys all great nations?

What if Obama has no intention of leaving Iraq?

What if a military draft is being planned for the wars that will spread if our foreign policy is not changed?

What if the American people learn the truth: that our foreign policy has nothing to do with national security and that it never changes from one administration to the next?

What if war and preparation for war is a racket serving the special interests?

What if President Obama is completely wrong about Afghanistan and it turns out worse than Iraq and Vietnam put together?

What if Christianity actually teaches peace and not preventive wars of aggression?

What if diplomacy is found to be superior to bombs and bribes in protecting America?

What happens if my concerns are completely unfounded – nothing!

What happens if my concerns are justified and ignored – nothing good!

I dont think I would like him for president
I used to feel the same way... Not any more.

The Left keeps getting more and more Radical, the Republican elites think they need to meet them half way by running Progressive Republicans... The more I see from the Left and the Ruling Elite of the GOP, the better Ron Paul looks.

I used to feel the same way... Not any more.

The Left keeps getting more and more Radical, the Republican elites think they need to meet them half way by running Progressive Republicans... The more I see from the Left and the Ruling Elite of the GOP, the better Ron Paul looks.

What do you think about his ideas on Israel?

What do you think about his ideas on Israel?

He makes some really good points...

Ron Paul Says He's Not Anti-Israel

I asked [Ron Paul] during an interview on Sunday to explain why those who call themselves pro-Israel shouldn't feel threatened by his candidacy.

"No foreign aid means that we've cut off all the aid to all the enemies of Israel," he said. "And they get three times as much money as Israel gets. And Israel is the powerhouse in the Middle East, so they're going to stay strong and defend themselves."

"I'm defending the sovereignty of Israel," Paul continued. "We shouldn't have a veto over what they want to do with their borders. We shouldn't have a veto on their peace process. And if we weren't there interfering and telling them what they can and can't do, I think they would have more peace overtures."

We're funding both Israel and it's enemies with foreign aid, along with sending foreign aid to many, many other countries. I'm 100% in favor of ending ALL foreign aid.

He makes some really good points...

We're funding both Israel and it's enemies with foreign aid, along with sending foreign aid to many, many other countries. I'm 100% in favor of ending ALL foreign aid.

I am ok with ending the funding but when asked what he would do if Israel was attacked he said nothing.

I dont like that. If Canada, Israel, England or any nation that we claim to be friends of gets attacked I want us to help

I am ok with ending the funding but when asked what he would do if Israel was attacked he said nothing.

I dont like that. If Canada, Israel, England or any nation that we claim to be friends of gets attacked I want us to help

I would like to know where you heard that he said "nothing" because, and we may have to check in with Big Rob on this one, but Israel is part of NATO and we are obligated by treaty to come to the defense of our NATO allies in the event of an attack. I have never heard of Ron Paul talking about dissolving NATO, or any other international treaties - which would have to be done in order to do "nothing" when a member nation comes under attack.

I would like to know where you heard that he said "nothing" because, and we may have to check in with Big Rob on this one, but Israel is part of NATO and we are obligated by treaty to come to the defense of our NATO allies in the event of an attack. I have never heard of Ron Paul talking about dissolving NATO, or any other international treaties - which would have to be done in order to do "nothing" when a member nation comes under attack.

It was one of the debates they let him join in. The mod asked the question about Israel and he gave an answer that bothered me. Something to the effect of Israel can defend their selves and part of why they have issues is because we are always there to help. I can not remember his exact words but I did not like his answer.

It reminded me of Pat Buchanan, isolationist type thinking.

It was one of the debates they let him join in. The mod asked the question about Israel and he gave an answer that bothered me. Something to the effect of Israel can defend their selves and part of why they have issues is because we are always there to help. I can not remember his exact words but I did not like his answer.

It reminded me of Pat Buchanan, isolationist type thinking.
Was it this debate?

Werbung:
Was it this debate?

Yes I think that was it, but not sure if it was able to play the whole thing or if I am remembering it differently.

The first part of what he says I agree with and have no problem

when the huckster talks about an Attack on Israel and Ron Pauls response to what the huckster said is where I was bothered.

In this clip I didnt hear him say he would not defend them in actual words, though I thought I remembered it that way.

I still didnt care for his answer, I like the hucksters answer on that even though I dont like the huckster himself.

I admit though Ron Pauls answer was not as bad as I remember it but I still am not crazy about his seeming unwillingness to defend Israel.

You sure are good at finding the youtubes :) thank you. I will watch it again tomorrow when I am not tired and try to like Ron Paul better :)

Back