Russians sign cease fire...fail to cease fire...Take American Armor

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
By BELA SZANDELSZKY, Associated Press Writer 54 minutes ago

POTI, Georgia - Russian soldiers took about 20 Georgians in military uniform prisoner at a key Black Sea port in western Georgia on Tuesday, blindfolding them and holding them at gunpoint, and commandeered American Humvees awaiting shipment back to the United States.
ADVERTISEMENT

The move came as a small column of Russian tanks and armored vehicles left the strategic city of Gori in the first sign of a Russian pullback of troops from Georgia after a cease-fire intended to end fighting that reignited Cold War tensions.

The two countries on Tuesday also exchanged prisoners. However, Russian soldiers also seized Georgians in Poti — the country's key oil port city — and commandeered four U.S. Humvees that had been used in U.S.-Georgian military exercises.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080819/ap_on_re_eu/georgia_russia

Putin I think is just looking for a 2nd cold war, trying to do anything to strain our Relations again. Maybe the US should fly a drone over and attack where ever our Hummers are, we can just blow them up if we still have them tracked...just to show them we will not let them do what they wish...and worse they can say is we fired on our own stuff :)

Werbung:
By BELA SZANDELSZKY, Associated Press Writer 54 minutes ago

POTI, Georgia - Russian soldiers took about 20 Georgians in military uniform prisoner at a key Black Sea port in western Georgia on Tuesday, blindfolding them and holding them at gunpoint, and commandeered American Humvees awaiting shipment back to the United States.
ADVERTISEMENT

The move came as a small column of Russian tanks and armored vehicles left the strategic city of Gori in the first sign of a Russian pullback of troops from Georgia after a cease-fire intended to end fighting that reignited Cold War tensions.

The two countries on Tuesday also exchanged prisoners. However, Russian soldiers also seized Georgians in Poti — the country's key oil port city — and commandeered four U.S. Humvees that had been used in U.S.-Georgian military exercises.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080819/ap_on_re_eu/georgia_russia

Putin I think is just looking for a 2nd cold war, trying to do anything to strain our Relations again. Maybe the US should fly a drone over and attack where ever our Hummers are, we can just blow them up if we still have them tracked...just to show them we will not let them do what they wish...and worse they can say is we fired on our own stuff :)

I do not think Putin is trying to strain relations. There has not been much of a relationship to speak of.

That said, Russia is not going to confront the US directly, and four hummers are not worth starting a war over. In the end they will probably just give them back.

I do not think Putin is trying to strain relations. There has not been much of a relationship to speak of.

That said, Russia is not going to confront the US directly, and four hummers are not worth starting a war over. In the end they will probably just give them back.

no they are not, thats why I suggested targeting our own Hummers ..not there trucks. But the US and Russia where ok before Putin, even in 2000 not bad...today its gotten very bad, and Putin has made sure Russia has done anything possible to killed Democracy and hurt ties with the west again

Werbung:
no they are not, thats why I suggested targeting our own Hummers ..not there trucks. But the US and Russia where ok before Putin, even in 2000 not bad...today its gotten very bad, and Putin has made sure Russia has done anything possible to killed Democracy and hurt ties with the west again

Many people were predicting right after Putin came to power that this was going to happen, it really is not all that surprising. In Russia, it has been a slow process backwards away from freedom under him.

I think he is taking a gamble that with the weak position of the West right now he can reestablish the "East".

But it seems to be backfiring, as many other breakaway satellite states are now seeking stronger ties with the US to thwart against Russian aggression. This action may in the end bring more influence to the US in this area of the world again.

Back