Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Adam thought so. He instantly and without argument or hesitation ate of that knowledge when Eve offered love to Adam.

Without Satan causing Original Sin, mankind could no know of love or hate as love and hate are subject to being good or evil.

Would you do as Adam did?

Was Satan right in opening our eyes to love and hate?

Should we venerate Satan more than Yahweh who tried to deny mankind love?

Regards
DL

Werbung:
I was under the impression that you thought the snake apple story was myth.

Gotta love that Satan,
YY

Of course it is myth. Only fools would believe I a talking serpent.

Strange though that the authors see Eden as where we were elevated and yet Christians think of it as a fall, while still calling Adam's sin a happy fault and necessary to God's plan. Quite a contradiction even if you just look at what the Christians are saying.

Regards
DL

Strange though that the authors see Eden as where we were elevated and yet Christians think of it as a fall, while still calling Adam's sin a happy fault and necessary to God's plan. Quite a contradiction even if you just look at what the Christians are saying.

Authors? A plurality or extra keystroke?

Who actually wrote the Eden parable?

Respectfully,
YY

It was not written to particularly be the beginning of the O.T. because it was not the first story written according to my favorite biblical historian.

Was the Eden parable written so we could use Satan as a scapegoat for our bad behavior?

I do know that it should not be read literally though.

Are we born knowing good from evil, or do we acquire it from our environment as we grow up?

Respectfully,
YY

Was the Eden parable written so we could use Satan as a scapegoat for our bad behavior?

In the Christian tradition, yes. In the Jewish tradition, no.

Scapegoating is immoral. My favorite Bishop agrees. I hope you do.

Are we born knowing good from evil, or do we acquire it from our environment as we grow up?

This link used to be titled, Babies know good and evil, if you think in evolutionary term, cooperation being good and competition being evil, then they do.

Regards
DL

In the Christian tradition, yes. In the Jewish tradition, no.

Are you Jewish?

Scapegoating is immoral.

Only if it's on the negative side of our list of morals.
My favorite Bishop agrees. I hope you do.

Are you drawn to Bishop Sponge by what he is saying or what you're hearing?

You hope that I agree or you need me to agree?

My favorite Bishop agrees.

I'm truly amazed by his unique ability to mock baptism after performing one, rather than while performing one and to mock the cross while one huge cross hangs on the wall behind him.

Bishop Sponge also seems to have the ability to squeeze out a comfortable income by saying what people want to hear, or read(Case in point, he has 10 books up for sale).
My guess is that stand up comedy didn't pay well.

I think that Jesus taught us that freedom to speak isn't near as deadly as the results garnered by the speech, and that seeking of truth is hindered only by the fear of finding it.

I'm also amazed, not so much that the good Bishop was a witness to creation, but that he lived long enough to tell us about it.

He speaks of love and sin over and over, then leaves them to our discretion.

This link used to be titled, Babies know good and evil, if you think in evolutionary term, cooperation being good and competition being evil, then they do.

I do think that we are born with a set of morals, given to us by nature, that are good.

Anything seen on television is staged, 60 minutes is no exception.

A point is readily proven by editing out parts that disprove your point.

Did they edit out the times that the child selected the bad teddy bear?

Respectfully,
YY

I'm truly amazed by his unique ability to mock baptism after performing one, rather than while performing one and to mock the cross while one huge cross hangs on the wall behind him.

Bishop Sponge also seems to have the ability to squeeze out a comfortable income by saying what people want to hear, or read(Case in point, he has 10 books up for sale).
My guess is that stand up comedy didn't pay well.

I think that Jesus taught us that freedom to speak isn't near as deadly as the results garnered by the speech, and that seeking of truth is hindered only by the fear of finding it.

I'm also amazed, not so much that the good Bishop was a witness to creation, but that he lived long enough to tell us about it.

He speaks of love and sin over and over, then leaves them to our discretion.

You have no comments on this?

Respectfully,
YY

No. Should a man not be paid for his work?

Of course he should be paid, an unpaid hit man is just another serial killer.

The difference between a hit man and a serial killer is that the hit mans' victim is chosen for him.

The question is, who chooses Bishop Sponges' victims?

Don't jump to conclusions, I'm not suggesting that the good Bishop is a killer, it's just an analogy.
*************************************************************************************************

"I'm truly amazed by his unique ability to mock baptism after performing one, rather than while performing one and to mock the cross while one huge cross hangs on the wall behind him."

Any comment on this?

Respectfully,
YY

Of course he should be paid, an unpaid hit man is just another serial killer.

The difference between a hit man and a serial killer is that the hit mans' victim is chosen for him.

The question is, who chooses Bishop Sponges' victims?

Don't jump to conclusions, I'm not suggesting that the good Bishop is a killer, it's just an analogy.
*************************************************************************************************

"I'm truly amazed by his unique ability to mock baptism after performing one, rather than while performing one and to mock the cross while one huge cross hangs on the wall behind him."

Any comment on this?

Respectfully,
YY

Yes. Thanks.

It is not surprising as he did not want God seen as an abusive father symbol.

Spong wanted a more Chrestian ideology of a man above God and not below God. He would have seen baptism as just fashion and custom. Low on the value scale. Just another icon.

Spong was a moral man and wanted men to grow their moral sense more.

Regards
DL

Spong was a moral man and wanted men to grow their moral sense more.

Do you have a list of his moral values?

He wants to replace others' morals with his own, is my guess.

If I'm looking to others to adjust my moral values, I don't have any moral values.

Was a moral man? It's my understanding that he is still alive.

The Bible speaks of love and sin, just as the good Bishop, without elaborating, what is your description of each?

Respectfully,
YY

Werbung:
Do you have a list of his moral values?

He wants to replace others' morals with his own, is my guess.

If I'm looking to others to adjust my moral values, I don't have any moral values.

Was a moral man? It's my understanding that he is still alive.

The Bible speaks of love and sin, just as the good Bishop, without elaborating, what is your description of each?

Respectfully,
YY

If Spong has better morals in some cases, just as anyone might have a better way of thinking, then the best should always be chosen.

"If I'm looking to others to adjust my moral values, I don't have any moral values."

I can agree with this. That is why I am always the arbiter of my moral sense and I allow it to grow. If you ignore the best rules and laws you find, just because they are not original to you, then you would know for sure that you do not follow the best that you have found. It has to be your choice, not someone else's.

I understand that Spong passed away. perhaps 2 years ago.

Both love and sin are subjective issues specific to you.

Generally, love is what I want given to me at all times and sin is what I do not want done to me at any time.

I let the Golden Rule or Harm/Care guide me in defining those words.

Regards
DL

Back