- Apr 1, 2008
- South of the Haggis Munching Line
Schoolgirl, 12, who used deodorant 'like it was going out of fashion' died after being overcome by aerosol fumes
.... I'm sorry...... I know its awful and I cannot imagine how the family feels but....A 12-year-old schoolgirl died after she was overcome by deodorant fumes during a summer holiday with her family, an inquest has heard.
Paige Daughtry had been so keen to protect her personal hygiene she used under-arm body spray as if ''it was going out of fashion.''
Her devastated mum told the hearing her daughter would spend "hours" spraying the substance because she "didn't want to smell".
"She used to spray it in small rooms and I used to tell her off," she added.
Paige was found lying face-down on a bed inside a caravan her family were renting at a holiday park in Fleetwood, near Blackpool, Lancashire.