Schwarzenegger orders Calif state workers' pay reduced to min wage

We seceded from Mexico in 1849 or 50, I don't remember for sure.
( not that I was there at the time)

We don't want to go back. Maybe we could bring back the Bear Flag Republic.

That might not be governable, either, but then, neither is the current nation of which we've become a part.

Seceded is a nice way to put it..the other would be, went to war and took...

Werbung:

Actually, that is a common misperception. Here is a history of the "war":

After taking the horses and leaving early on June 11, 1846, a group of these Americans headed to the small town of Sonoma to take control of the town. They collected further men along the way having a total of 33 or 34 men by the time they reached Sonoma near dawn on Sunday morning, June 14, 1846. The group took control of Sonoma without firing a shot. They captured the leaders and officers at that place. Several of the Mexican men, including General Mariano Vallejo, were taken as prisoners, first to Captain Fremont and then to Sutter’s Fort located in what has become Sacramento. About 25 of the men were left at Sonoma, the exact number being unclear.

At some point between dawn on June 14 and noon on June 17, 1846, the remaining men at Sonoma created a flag to stand for their insurgency. The exact timing of the creation is not clear from the documentary records. The flag that was created was a white field with a red stripe at the bottom edge, with a star in the upper left ("hoist") corner and a grizzly bear. The flag soon came to be called the “Bear Flag” and the insurgency came to be called the “Bear Flag Revolt.” The men of the Revolt were named the “Bear Flaggers.”

I had the date wrong. It was actually 1846.

I lived in New York state for a time. That sucked, as it was colder than ***** in the winter, but hot and humid in the summer.

I've considered coming to Washington or Oregon, but mainly because my grandkids are in Washington. Nothing to do with politics or climate. Actually, I'm not sure I'd get used to the constant rain in Western Washington.

It does rain a whole lot. I am used to it and actually like it but if you don't like a lot of rain you will not like western Oregon or Washington

New York would be horrible too

Like a typical lib, pocketpool condemns his country. He fails to recognize what CA would be like under Mexican rule versus the USA. CA would be a nothing place if the Mexicans had kept it (similar to what the libs have done to it now), just like most of Mexico.

He also fails to understand the consequences of WAR. You see pockets, when one loses a war one often loses territory. Plus my liberal friend, Mexico started the war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He does not know history like most libs. He condemns the USA like most libs, but fails to understand that the Mexicans took CA from Spain who held it for centuries. And, what about the American Indians who lived there before the Spaniards arrived. I guess we need to give it all back to the Indians...so thinks a non-thinking lib....

But there is one exception to this kooky lib rule, those stinking Jews need to get the hell out of Palestine.

Oh the hypocrisy of libs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Werbung:
He also fails to understand the consequences of WAR. You see pockets, when one loses a war one often loses territory. Plus my liberal friend, Mexico started the war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of us who do not know, how did Mexico start that war?

I think he's referring to the Alamo, but that's the wrong war. Check out the Bear Flag Revolt that added California to the US (post 17).

Back