Self-published books

kowalskil

Self-publishing is good, for an unknown author, when s/he already knows who the readers will be (family members, students, etc.) But I would not recommend it to anyone who wants to reach a wider audience. Last December I self-published "Tyranny to Freedom: Diary of a former Stalinist." It has been available on www.amazon.com (and positively reviewed by several readers) but the number of copies sold is very small. Bookstores do not order self-published books written by unknown authors. Finding a reputable publisher (a very difficult task indeed) is the only way to proceed.

Disappointed by the situation, I decided to "compete with myself." I improved the book a little (based on comments made by readers), changed the title, and made it freely available over the Internet. Fortunately, I can afford to do this; my goal was to leave a testimony, not to support myself.

The new title is “Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality.”

The link to this FREE on-line book is below the signature. I would very much appreciate it if you could share the link with others who might be interested. Perhaps someone will review these books somewhere. Let me know.

Ludwik Kowalski
Professor Emeritus
Montclair State University (USA)
kowalskiL@mail.montclair.edu

Werbung:
When publishing companies decline to publish a book, many would-be authors cannot accept the fact that they are not the sharpest tack in the box, succumb to their egos, self-publish a book and then wonder why no one buys it. It was not good enough to be published! Get over it!

When publishing companies decline to publish a book, many would-be authors cannot accept the fact that they are not the sharpest tack in the box, succumb to their egos, self-publish a book and then wonder why no one buys it. It was not good enough to be published! Get over it!

Why would you post such a despicable comment? You have proven once again to be dolt.

Many great books have been turned down by certain publishers only to be published later with much success.

Good luck with the book Professor. What I have read of it, it is quite good.

And publishers are loath to roll the dice as they prefer to make money and that means sure things.

Why would you post such a despicable comment? You have proven once again to be dolt.

Many great books have been turned down by certain publishers only to be published later with much success.

Good luck with the book Professor. What I have read of it, it is quite good.

The word, "dolt", is a noun. It is not an adjective. Also, there is no such word as "proven".

You seem not to understand that the O.P. was obviously an attempt to sell his book (advertisement).

What percentage of self-published ego books are ever successful? They are known in the trade as "Ego Publications", for good reason.

The word, "dolt", is a noun. It is not an adjective. Also, there is no such word as "proven".

You seem not to understand that the O.P. was obviously an attempt to sell his book (advertisement).

What percentage of self-published ego books are ever successful? They are known in the trade as "Ego Publications", for good reason.

Yes. Dolt is a noun. As in, you are a dolt. I used the word correctly in my previous post.

Thanks for your explanation, but it does not take away from your initial doltish post.

Proven is most certainly a word. And, you claim to be a p-school teacher. Oh brother!!!

http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/search?q=proven&FORM=DTPDIA

Werbung:
Back