Shepard Smith apologizes for lack of balance at Faux News

Popeye

Lack of balance in a Faux News report?....who would have thunk it? lol

Fox News' Shepard Smith felt the urge to apologize for the lack of balance in a story on the airwaves of the same cable news channel that brazenly promotes a conservative agenda.

The normally unflappable Smith grew irritated when correspondent Shannon Bream interviewed the Republican candidate for New Jersey governor Chris Christie without giving equal time to Democrat opponent John Corzine.

Shep asked when she was going to talk to Corzine, who currently governs the Garden State, Bream said she'd put in "multiple requests."

In an unexpected moment of righteous indignation, Smith addressed the viewers back home: "Wow. I didn't know that was about to happen. My apologies for the lack of balance there. If I'd had control it wouldn't have happened."

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-shep-smith-apologizes-for-lack-of-balance-2009-10

Werbung:
On the one hand I applaud the Fox broadcaster who has an interest in balance unlike some broadcasters on other networks.

But based on your clip I fail to see the lack of intentional balance; it was unavoidable.

Beam tried to interview both candidates and only one of them agreed to be interviewed. If there is a lack of balance it is not the fault of Beam it is the fault of Corzine. Beam even said that she will interview Corzine when he agrees. Will it be unbalanced when she interviews Corzine without Christie?

I even wonder if the most salient thing Shep said was not that there was a lack of balance but the "If I had control" part. Could it be that he was trying to tell his boss that he needs a bigger role?

Werbung:
On the one hand I applaud the Fox broadcaster who has an interest in balance unlike some broadcasters on other networks.

But based on your clip I fail to see the lack of intentional balance; it was unavoidable.

Beam tried to interview both candidates and only one of them agreed to be interviewed. If there is a lack of balance it is not the fault of Beam it is the fault of Corzine. Beam even said that she will interview Corzine when he agrees. Will it be unbalanced when she interviews Corzine without Christie?

I even wonder if the most salient thing Shep said was not that there was a lack of balance but the "If I had control" part. Could it be that he was trying to tell his boss that he needs a bigger role?

I think it comes down to how much effort they used to get both sides...if one just does not send anyone well thats there bad..but if they called 5 min before and said we are doing a interview can you be here...and the other knew days in advance or something...then its a issue

Back