Should Auto Prices Be ON THE CAR--Not Moroccan Bizarre Barter?

I find that today, internet research has eclipsed Consumer Reports.
They do give a nice exposition on possibilities, though.

Most all magazine endorsements and ratings are bribery--even Consumer Reports--which buys the products, but does not mention how the officials there have managed to get rich--"somehow". Magazines in various sports/disciplines are total pay-offs. It's why they exist.
What makes CR more credible than the rest is that they don't take advertising. All of their revenues comes from subscriptions, or so they say.

I've always found their recommendations to be reliable and their product descriptions accurate.

Werbung:
What makes CR more credible than the rest is that they don't take advertising. All of their revenues comes from subscriptions, or so they say.

I've always found their recommendations to be reliable and their product descriptions accurate.

or so they say.
The operative words. They charge a lot to subscribe--the model of their income does not fit the way the principal players there seem to live. You do the math. They are reasonably fair in their analysis--but they have recommended some really bad items, here and there, over the years--from my experience. They do give good descriptions--and that is a reason to read them. I read them to see what they have to say, and then put that with other info to decide on things. A useful tool.

CR has a repeatable, reliable methodology and a long track record to stand behind.. If they are able to make a buck doing that, God bless them. I think the profit motive drives all purveyors of like information.

CR has a repeatable, reliable methodology and a long track record to stand behind.. If they are able to make a buck doing that, God bless them. I think the profit motive drives all purveyors of like information.
I've found them to be reliable. If they can make money by giving consumers useful information, that's a good thing.

Car salesmen can sell the car however they want -- its a private enterprise.

Last car I bought was online -- but you can get tricky about it and often find what dealers paid for cars at auctions (used anyway) etc -- so you essentially know their bottom line before you even start shopping.

I got my last car -- a Range Rover -- in this fashion -- used with only 12K miles on it.

Werbung:
I got my last car -- a Range Rover -- in this fashion -- used with only 12K miles on it.

I'll never buy another new car. You can get good deals on almost new cars that have been gently used. Also you can get deals with the car dealer on last years model, just as their new models arrive.

Back