Should China take revenge on USA Arms Sales to Taiwan?

sam001

Should China take revenge on USA Arms Sales to Taiwan?

The United States Department of Defense declared that it would permit Lockheed Martin to sell Patriotic-3 Missiles and other advanced weapons to Taiwan. This US decision annoyed both Chinese Government and Chinese people much. This is not the first time when the United States sells weapons to Taiwan. As for Taiwan, China and the United States had reached an agreement that the United States must gradually decrease the amount of weapons to sell to Taiwan, according to August the 17 Communiqué. However, regrettably, the U.S. has repeatedly contravened its solemn undertakings to China made in the August 17 Communiqué and continued its sale of advanced arms and military equipment to Taiwan. After UDD decision, China successfully tested a missile-defense system aimed at scaring away the U.S. from defending the island nation of Taiwan. By shooting down one missile with another,...

What's your viewpoints on this question?

More detailed news:

http://forum.globaltimes.cn/forum/showthread.php?t=12100

Werbung:
Should China take revenge on America for supplying arms to Iraq and Afghanistan?

Hi, my friend!
Don't say this!
Iraq and Afghanistan have nothing to do with China.
However, Taiwan belongs to USA!
Don't you know?
Not like USA, China never interferes with domestics issues of other countries.

Hi, my friend!
Don't say this!
Don't you know?

Sam, from your known perspective with China...do you think that they understood where the BILLIONS of dollars that our President G.W.B was going to spend that borrowed money on or was it just loaned without any questions asked about; What do you need the BILLIONS FOR? Just curious as to what the verbal exchange might have been like between those two top dogs and if any of us would ever really know. Just how much of the 'LOAN' was provided to the media/masses in CHINA, did anyone outside the Chinese government have any idea that the USA had come asking for money to support our 2 wars?

Taiwan should worry.

The US has a history af attacking countries it supplies weapons to.

It doesn't mind if they commit attrocities with those weapons if they dance to the US tune but woe betide them if like say, Venezuela they put their own country's interests before those of the USA.

Then those countries are rogue states and need regime changing

Taiwan should worry.

The US has a history of attacking countries it supplies weapons to.

It doesn't mind if they commit atrocities with those weapons if they dance to the US tune but woe betide them if like say, Venezuela they put their own country's interests before those of the USA.

Then those countries are rogue states and need regime changing

But hey, it keeps our war machine production just grinding out those weapons...and who are we to question the people behind the $$$/purchase orders..."out-of-sight-out-of-mind".

But as I stated in the thread that I started about this very topic...similar to pissing off a mafia boss...borrowing billions from China and then selling weapons to their known enemy...well, lets just say it could come back to bite us in the BUTT in a huge way!

Yep

They picked on someone who can fight back this time.

Someone obviously made a massive error breaking the golden rule that you says you only attack countries that have very little chance of responding.

And even that is no guarantee of success.

Hi, my friend!
Don't say this!
Don't you know?

Taiwan does not belong to USA. Never has. A puppet state of USA, yes, but not our property. It has been disputed property for many decades. The native Taiwanese, what do they matter, claim they belong to no one.

Werbung:
You are right.

I am just allowing for the inevitable lag while the rednecks in the US get their head around the fact that it is over for them.

Back