Should Generation X,Y and Z pay into social security and medicare?

ktucan1

My answer to this is NO! We shouldn't, I mean my generation is already being told that by the time we retire we're not going to get anything in regards to SS and Medicare. So why should we pay into it? I mean the BabyBoomers are next to suck it up dry after grandma and grandpa. This is a legit question and I look forward to some intelligent responses from both sides of the isle.

Werbung:
So why should we pay into it?

Because it fulfills a social contract. We pay in today, we get back in the future.

The problems can be fixed, if we are committed to providing for the citizens instead of wasting our money trying to dominate the world.

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to stop all forms of payments that go towards propping up members of our society.

I cannot wait for an America where elderly eat out of trash cans to survive, and where gypsies treat the unfortunate sick with braids of garlic and herbal poltices.

We cannot cater to these layabouts! I've got mine! If they're too irresponsible that they get old and without money just because their pensions were revoked isn't my problem! Just because they're too incapable of paying for insurance premiums I won't be saddled with the responsibility of taking care of them!

How dare they?

My answer to this is NO! We shouldn't, I mean my generation is already being told that by the time we retire we're not going to get anything in regards to SS and Medicare. So why should we pay into it? I mean the BabyBoomers are next to suck it up dry after grandma and grandpa. This is a legit question and I look forward to some intelligent responses from both sides of the isle.

I agree with you. I will have paid into it my whole life and never see any return.

It was a pyramid scheme to start with. What ever they have taken from me to date I would willingly forget and let them keep if they would just stop taking more.

They could manage the money better than they currently do. I can name at least 10 people that I personaly know who get SSI. Nothing is wrong with them except they are lazy and dont want to work, a few of them use the SSI money to buy drugs and it all comes out of the SS general fund.

Make your case, not with rhetoric, with math.

Ooookay...

Let's start by cutting the defense budget 75%. We'd still spend more on the military than either Russia or China, and with out NATO allies we'd outspend those two countries combined by over 3 to 1.

That saves nearly $500 billion dollars a year. That could fix a few problems, don't you think?

Ooookay...

Let's start by cutting the defense budget 75%. We'd still spend more on the military than either Russia or China, and with out NATO allies we'd outspend those two countries combined by 3 to 1.

That saves nearly $500 billion dollars a year. That could fix a few problems, don't you think?

Should SS be self sustainable?

They claimed it would be when it was implemented.

But if you have to take from other departments to keep its head above water then it is not.

Deficit spending this year: 1.6 TRILLION

Cutting $500 billion from the defense budget would reduce our DEFICIT by less than 1/3.

Total US debt: $12 Trillion

Total Unfunded liabilities: $106 Trillion

Even if we abolished the military, we would not have enough money to "fix" the problems with SS & Medicare/Medicaid.

Why does it have to be?

We accept that our "defense" is a giant money pit.

I'd rather spend on helping our citizens in their daily lives. If that takes some money, so be it.

That was not what was promissed
and what they have delivered is not working, mostly because they run to program in a stupid way.

Before we talk about taking more money from more people to fund a dumb program, the program should be fixed.

its like schools, no matter how much waste there is they always want more but never offer or intend to fix the problems that got them in this position in the first place.

I don't care what was promised.

It's a good program that helps our elderly live better lives.

isn't that what matters most of all?

Would you be willing to write a check, today, that covers all of SS's unfunded liabilities for the next hundred years?

I didn't think so.

Looks like helping the elderly isn't what matters most of all, doesn't it?

Next, please.......

I don't care what was promised.

It's a good program that helps our elderly live better lives.

isn't that what matters most of all?

The elderly have paid into it, they should get out of it.

But at some point this house of cards will fall and its going to fall on people my age.

Ok I get it, Im screwed and have to find other ways to make sure I find another way to support myself in my old age but why force the young people just starting out today to have to be part of it and at some point cant we say ok you spent 20 years feeding the beast you have fullfilled your duty to society. And slowly let people out of the system.

If we could go back and make the numerous entities redeposit the millions of dollars that were allowed to be removed out of the Social Security funding {before this was set up as a protected budgeted line item} who knows just exactly where the Soc. Sec. budget would be today!
If we had as many of the federal employees paying into the Social Security System and lets not count all of those employees that have a pension that are receiving Soc. Sec. benefits that they haven't paid into...that would stop some of the systemic bleeding. But when do we get to that point where the 'faucets get to be turned off'.
Would a dedicated national sales tax be applicable for the Social Security System be a feasible system again...stalling another couple of years just puts us that much farther behind the 8 ball! IMO

Werbung:
Because it fulfills a social contract. We pay in today, we get back in the future.

The problems can be fixed, if we are committed to providing for the citizens instead of wasting our money trying to dominate the world.

there is no legal obligation that we get anything back.
the problems have repeatedly been fixed only to be unfixed by Congress.

time to cease this scam, attempt to protect those who were forced to pay into it and ditch this entitlement and head onto the next. government is incapable of these.

Back