Should hate crime laws be expanded?

that is a hate crime, the hard part and the part far to many don't understand is that for hate crimes, you have to prove the intent was to target whites...often time thats very hard to prove and if there is not a clear case, they don't charge. To many times people see no charge as meaning its not a hate crime, when realy its not enough prove to prove it in a court of law.
Proving motive can be difficult for sure. The other obstacle would be that whites aren't a protected minority. It seems to me that attacking someone based on their ethnicity is a hate crime regardless of what that ethnicity may be.

Werbung:
Proving motive can be difficult for sure. The other obstacle would be that whites aren't a protected minority. It seems to me that attacking someone based on their ethnicity is a hate crime regardless of what that ethnicity may be.
And it is, however its hard to prove and Whites are not a big target for hate crimes ( not saying never) Blacks Hispanics, Muslims, and Gays are common targets. and they are more likely to be very clear about the intent.

Are the victims any more or less injured based on this supposed hate ?
The idea of hate crimes is silly.

Are the victims any more or less injured based on this supposed hate ?
The idea of hate crimes is silly.
From the point of view of the victims, no, there is no difference.
From the point of view of people who are the same ethnicity/gender/whatever of the victims, and who risk becoming victims themselves of hatred, yes, there's a difference.

can you show me where hate crimes laws , Federal, only apply to "protected minority"?

From the FBI website"A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, Congress has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties."

can you show me where hate crimes laws , Federal, only apply to "protected minority"?

From the FBI website"A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, Congress has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties."
Technically, hate crime laws should apply to white people as well as to "people of color."

But, in the real world, applying the term "hate crime" to black on white violence just doesn't happen.

Nor do Dragons, but its not the media ..its the lack of them that makes them get less media.
According to the Department of Justice, black on white violence is a bit more common that are dragons:

NCFS-Table.jpg

But, they do target other blacks more often than they do whites, most likely due to the plague of gang wars.

According to the Department of Justice, black on white violence is a bit more common that are dragons:

NCFS-Table.jpg

But, they do target other blacks more often than they do whites, most likely due to the plague of gang wars.

again black on white crime is not hate crime...It can be , but blacks robbing a white guy for his wallet...not a hate crime. but still black and white crime. Again you need a black guy commiting a crime, with the clear , without a reasonable doubt , that its because they are white, for a hate crime.

Werbung:
Back