Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?

Religions and many charitable organizations of all stripes make their revenues by lying to people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-cat-pay-appalling-waste-hidden-agendas.html

Should we help protect the gullible by eliminating all the fraud that is being passed off as religion and charity?

Those who do not believe the lies being sold by religions and charities are presently subsidize the tax exemptions and credits that religions and charities enjoy. What they save in taxes, non-believers and those who actually want to give to charities must fork up.

I am not what most would call a non-believer, I am a Gnostic Christian, but still resent my hard earned tax money being used to perpetuate what most know are lies. If you are a non-believer, or one who wants your charitable donations to actually be used for charity, I hope you feel the same and do not like being fleeced the way the gullible are.

There ought to be a law against institution like religions and bogus charities that live off of lying to the gullible.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...give-religions-more-than-82-5-billion-a-year/

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

Werbung:
I am opposed to a lot of things that forcibly take my tax dollars, because they're sanctioned by the gov't. The long list includes: Planned Parenthood, welfare (especially for illegals), the joke of a school system we have, etc. I have no choice in "donating" to any of these . I can choose to not donate to my church, or to a charity. It's called personal responsibility.

I am opposed to a lot of things that forcibly take my tax dollars, because they're sanctioned by the gov't. The long list includes: Planned Parenthood, welfare (especially for illegals), the joke of a school system we have, etc. I have no choice in "donating" to any of these . I can choose to not donate to my church, or to a charity. It's called personal responsibility.
its funny you go to church to listen to them talk about a guy who helped the poor...then bitch about welfare and help for the poor.

It's even funnier how the left puts a totally illogical spin on everything. Jesus indeed said to help the poor. He also gave the admonition that people who WON'T work, shouldn't be fed by those who WILL! The "poor" in our society has taken on a very different meaning. Unless you personally know welfare moms who are on meth, or pills, and shacked up with the loser du jour, at the expense of her obviously unwanted kids (I meet lots of them in my profession), then you have NO point of reference! Please don't use silly drive-by tactics, mocking my faith! If you want to debate with the grownups, you need to put things in context. Otherwise people won't bother wasting time on you.

Which does not speak to the fraud and lies.

But I see that doing unto others is not your style.

BTW, you cannot choose to not donate to your church because as a tax payer you supply the shortfall its exemptions create.

Regards
DL

It's even funnier how the left puts a totally illogical spin on everything. Jesus indeed said to help the poor. He also gave the admonition that people who WON'T work, shouldn't be fed by those who WILL! The "poor" in our society has taken on a very different meaning. Unless you personally know welfare moms who are on meth, or pills, and shacked up with the loser du jour, at the expense of her obviously unwanted kids (I meet lots of them in my profession), then you have NO point of reference! Please don't use silly drive-by tactics, mocking my faith! If you want to debate with the grownups, you need to put things in context. Otherwise people won't bother wasting time on you.

Grownups do not believe in talking animals and a guy in the sky who will burn you forever just for not believing in his invisible absentee self.

Regards
DL

Grownups do not believe in talking animals and a guy in the sky who will burn you forever just for not believing in his invisible absentee self.

Regards
DL
Thank you for validating my post regarding grown-ups and debating. Have you anything to offer to this forum, or is it all based on your ideology, whatever that may be? You didn't manage to add to or take away from the conversation at all.

Thank you for validating my post regarding grown-ups and debating. Have you anything to offer to this forum, or is it all based on your ideology, whatever that may be? You didn't manage to add to or take away from the conversation at all.
I have to disagree with you a little bit, there. I think he added more than anyone else. "poor people suck" isn't a valid argument at all. It could possibly even be described as judgmental and nasty. "Christians should practice what they preach" is a way more valid argument. Especially since those same Christians want their religion to dictate everybody else's lives. Out of all the debates I have had with die hard Christians about how they justify breaking Jesus' biggest rule (the one about helping the needy), the most common argument was: .

Another favorite of Jesus is "judge not lest ye be judged. That means he doesn't want people judging poor people just because they ASSUME they know anything about anyone else'e situation and life. If I'm not mistaken the only judgment God is okay with is when he does the judging himself.

I'm pretty sure there are laws against such things. Isn't fraud illegal? So, if you're seeing fraud occurring perhaps you should report it.

I'm not quite sure how religions are being grouped with charities that don't use the money as stated. Have you some proof of churches collecting money with specific intent and then not fulfilling those obligations?

I'm pretty sure there are laws against such things. Isn't fraud illegal? So, if you're seeing fraud occurring perhaps you should report it.

I'm not quite sure how religions are being grouped with charities that don't use the money as stated. Have you some proof of churches collecting money with specific intent and then not fulfilling those obligations?
The most famous case was Jim Baker from PTL ministries, in the Charlotte area. He actually got 40 years for it. I don't know if his sentence was commuted or not

The fraud is illegal. But there are loop holes. The FOP (Fraternal Order of Police), aren't actually associated with your local police. And less than 10 cents per dollar went to their charity. They're non profit so people assume a lot more of the money goes to the charity. the people I knew who worked for them said so much goes to the the caller who gets the person to agree to the donation, the guy who will drive to the donator's house and pick it up, and the office manager. 15 years ago, the charity got less than 10% of the money.

All completely legal because of loopholes

you know most people on welfare, work...Most poor people...work...but not like you care, just judge them like a good christian...wait what your not suppose to ? just kidding you don't realy listen to that stuff. By the way good job backing up your jesus says not helping those that don't work ( also I notice saying nothing about the many who can't work to provide for themselve...maybe I will go tell my freind that is on SS due to sever mental issues due to fucked up dad and genetics,,,,that she needs to provide or she is a worse then a unbeliever ( because Paul was a dick and I guess did not care for those who can't work) And of course you a fine judge of those who suffer from Drug addictions.. Your a fine example of a good Christian I can see...

Werbung:

good luck finding a court willing to say Christianity or some major religion is a Fraud and order it to pay and not get appealed and overturned though. I mean Scientology can't even get sued and its such pure scam.

Back