so who is enthusiastic about voting next year ?

dogtowner

Staff member
GOP 64% Donkeys 43%

ruh roh

Is the GOP nomination worth fighting for?

"Most definitely. There is a big 'enthusiasm gap' between Republicans and Democrats that, if it persists, may boost the eventually GOP nominee's chances in 2012," says Holland.

Two thirds of all registered Republicans say they are extremely or very enthusiastic about voting next year, compared to less than half of all Democrats. In the 2008 election cycle, the Democrats were more enthusiastic that then GOPers, a major advantage that helped elect then Sen. Barack Obama.

and as if that were not bad enough, Cain now leading BO 43% to 41%
still want to cry racism ?

Werbung:
There is a big 'enthusiasm gap' between Republicans and Democrats

This is unacceptable! It's not fair that one group has a larger share of enthusiasm than another. The enthusiasm gap has continued to get wider and wider, this imbalance has gone on for too long and it's getting worse, it's totally unsustainable...

Clearly the group with an over-abundance of enthusiasm has somehow manipulated the system to work in their favor, obviously all their excess enthusiasm was stolen from the rest of the people. And, it should be pointed out, that nobody became enthusiastic on their own! They needed other people, and our collective enthusiasm infrastructure, to become enthusiastic in the first place!

If we hope to save our democracy (and bring back jobs) then we must take action! Everyone should demand that Government immediately close all the enthusiasm loopholes and raise the top marginal rate on enthusiasm!

This is unacceptable! It's not fair that one group has a larger share of enthusiasm than another. The enthusiasm gap has continued to get wider and wider, this imbalance has gone on for too long and it's getting worse, it's totally unsustainable...

Clearly the group with an over-abundance of enthusiasm has somehow manipulated the system to work in their favor, obviously all their excess enthusiasm was stolen from the rest of the people. And, it should be pointed out, that nobody became enthusiastic on their own! They needed other people, and our collective enthusiasm infrastructure, to become enthusiastic in the first place!

If we hope to save our democracy (and bring back jobs) then we must take action! Everyone should demand that Government immediately close all the enthusiasm loopholes and raise the top marginal rate on enthusiasm!

Really? And I thought (based on so much media coverage!) that the tea party had so invigorated the Right base that they had depressed the Left base, and the "enthusiasm gap" was clearly in favor of the RIGHT (and the tea party!)

So. . .what happened?

The tea party got too "conservative" and too demanding on their "social agendas?"
The GOP candidates are mostly catering to that small majority (the tea party, who has ONLY a 23 % approval rate) and is losing the RATIONAL people from the center right and the independents?

I do like your sense of humor. . .but you are playing a "CAIN" on us, here. .. stating something VERY serious and "pretending" it is a joke!

Well. . .good luck! It seems that the "enthusiasm" is now very well settled in the MIDDLE, not in either Left or Right extremes!

Of course that I know you don't give a **** about Mexican elections that we'll suffer next year-. But also we do not have any decent choice :D:D:D:p

That was so damn funny! You made my day!

Yes, even the tea party is disappointed!

The Tea Party is undermining its own influence
By Jennifer Rubin (Washington Post)

We are told some Tea Partyers are in the dumps. They face the very real prospect of Mitt Romney as the GOP nominee and the serial wipeout of a series of Tea Party-friendly candidates. Pundits speculate wildly that the 2012 will see the demise of the Tea Party.

Tea Partyers and their opponents overlook the degree to which the Tea Party has successfully shifted the GOP to the right on fiscal matters. Romney is a more conservative candidate because of the insurgent movement. The House is not simply controlled by Republicans; it is controlled by conservative Republicans. Naturally, perfection is always over the hill and dissatisfaction abounds when deals are finally struck. But the GOP is more united, more disciplined on fiscal matters, less tolerant of crony capitalism and more energized as a result of the Tea Party.

But if Tea Partyers want to win at the ballot box with a candidate who self-identifies as one of them then a re-evaluation of tactics is in order. In 2010 the Tea Party backed characters like Christine O’Donnell and Sharon Angle. The mainstream media ridiculed them. The Tea Party insisted this was all a smear. Both lost.

The lesson of 2010 and 2012 (at least so far) should be that the loudest, angriest, and most undisciplined candidates are cat nip for the base but ballot box poison. Stay away. They’re bad news. Like high school gals infatuated with the “bad boys” the Tea Partyers are heading for heartbreak if they fall for these contenders.

Instead they need candidates who share their fiscal agenda but who are serious, measured in tone, and knowledgeable. There are plenty of these - Sen. Marco Rubio and Sen. Ron Johnson come to mind. The Tea Party has confused anti-liberal elitism with recklessness, and irreverence with quackery. Johnson and Rubio share the Tea Party ethos and agenda, but they also exude competence, have mastered policy and can speak to a broader audience.

The Tea Party is on solid ground with its embrace of debt reduction and determination to root out ObamaCare and crony capitalism. But its infatuation with incendiary rhetoric and with candidates who give off the whiff of crackpottery is undermining its mission and its importance in candidate selection.

Here are some danger signs: The candidate finds civil rights law unnecessary or oppressive. The candidate is obsessed with MSM coverage of him or his ideas. The candidate proposes that one or more political opponents have committed treason and/or should go to jail. The candidate labels all deal making as a sell out. The candidate is nostalgic for pre-New Deal governance. The candidate (if for president) pooh-poohs the need for substantive knowledge of or experience in national security. Such a candidate is telling the hardcore base what it wants to hear and turning off nearly everyone else. An unprepared or ignorant candidate is heading for a train wreck.

In short, Tea Partyers need to rethink their criteria for high offices. They should recognize that inexperience, ignorance, and obnoxiousness are not virtues. They are danger signs. And if they don’t like the 2012 nominee, they should, in the future, set about finding as verbally polished and technically impressive a candidate as Romney.

By Jennifer Rubin | 11:30 AM ET, 10/17/2011

Really? And I thought (based on so much media coverage!) that the tea party had so invigorated the Right base that they had depressed the Left base, and the "enthusiasm gap" was clearly in favor of the RIGHT (and the tea party!)

So. . .what happened?

The tea party got too "conservative" and too demanding on their "social agendas?"
The GOP candidates are mostly catering to that small majority (the tea party, who has ONLY a 23 % approval rate) and is losing the RATIONAL people from the center right and the independents?

I do like your sense of humor. . .but you are playing a "CAIN" on us, here. .. stating something VERY serious and "pretending" it is a joke!

Well. . .good luck! It seems that the "enthusiasm" is now very well settled in the MIDDLE, not in either Left or Right extremes!

You do know that a 20 point diff is remarkably large don't you ?

Sorry but your insult went right over my head, you are going to have to keep your gift ... again

You really see insults in everything, don't you?

I was using "humor" as you were using "humor!" (at least, I assume that you don't think of all Republican candidates as "evil!")

And as Cain was using (reportedly!) "humor!"

You have said you would support Cain. . .so I made a joke between YOUR use of humor and CAIN's use of humor. . .and I threw in some humor!

So. . .Cain's "humor" about electocutating Mexican is "funny."
Your humor is funny,
But MY humor is insulting???

Sorry, but you should really lighten up! You're going to be old before your time if you continue to be paranoid!

I was using "humor" as you were using "humor!" (at least, I assume that you don't think of all Republican candidates as "evil!")

You have said you would support Cain. . .so I made a joke between YOUR use of humor and CAIN's use of humor. . .and I threw in some humor!

Your humor is funny,

Sorry, but you should really lighten up! You're going to be old before your time if you continue to be paranoid!

you must mean GenSenaca's humor

Werbung:

Your humor is funny,

I have no idea what you are talking about. Cains humor? I don't know what you are talking about there and I wasn't making any jokes. I replied to Gen's post that it was very funny.

and yes I see just about everything you say to me or anyone who disagrees with you as an insult. Though once in a while you surprise me.

Back