So who Won Iraq?

Werbung:
ok thats one person whos ball-less.

:D

Well I have been fixed. :D

But in all seriousness we won the war. What we're in now is the post war/occupation phase. We can't make any progress until the locals decide it's in their best interest to stop fighting each other. With the nature of the middle east and its history I don't think we're going to see that anytime soon.

Only the people who made money off this excursion won, according to game standards. But a million-fold lost. What a waste. But some people make a living that way. I call them predators. Many people call them sir.

Well I have been fixed. :D

But in all seriousness we won the war. What we're in now is the post war/occupation phase. We can't make any progress until the locals decide it's in their best interest to stop fighting each other. With the nature of the middle east and its history I don't think we're going to see that anytime soon.

Very intelligent post I must say. I might have said that we're now in the "stuck on stupid phase"... but this way is way more diplomatic!:)

You won the war, but you've lost the occupation.

And yet another good angle to look at that I'd say at this time is probably quite accurate. :)

As an American I'd like to spin it as positive for us (the US) as possible and say... We accomplished or mission (where'd I hear that from?)... I guess that would be "Won".

And as soon as our leaders stop adding conditions on so we can leave we will then have an exit strategy and redeploy.

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to have and exit strategy before you go in. But with great minds like Dick Cheney telling the American people over & over again how US troops would be greeted as "LIBERATORS" that part of the plan must have been placed on the back burner.

you all keep on thinking we won...................

damn people are Gullable

We won militarily, there's no debating that. It's the Reconstruction phase that has posed the problems. Under your logic, the Confederacy won the Civil War since the North's Reconstruction was an abominable failure.

We won militarily, there's no debating that. It's the Reconstruction phase that has posed the problems. Under your logic, the Confederacy won the Civil War since the North's Reconstruction was an abominable failure.

im sure glad you think so skippy......from where i sit i see the fukkers killing our kids at an alarming rate with rudimentary explosives if we had truly won militarily there would be no more kids dying ........

im sure glad you think so skippy......from where i sit i see the fukkers killing our kids at an alarming rate with rudimentary explosives if we had truly won militarily there would be no more kids dying ........

There's people dying in Detroit right now at an alarming rate. There's people dying in Washington right now at an alrming rate. Violence is part of human nature, and when you have a country comprised of humans, well, you're going to have violence. Fortunately, we have limited much of this violence to the 10 mile radius around Baghdad.

Now, if only we can get the right number of troops to secure Baghdad...

what Number is that?

so lets see there is violence in detroit and washington......so thats justification to purposely put our children in harms way?somehow by sending our kids to be killed needlessly helps the violence in Detriot?

No of course it dosent..... had we truly "WON" the war we wouldnt be burying 4 children a day on average.....

so again what is the Number YOU feel would elimintate the problem? i say we need 1for one to absolutly say we have it secured for every man woman and child in iraq there needs to be a soldiers assigened to eah and every one of them that is the ONLY way youll guarantee any change at all

Werbung:
There's people dying in Detroit right now at an alarming rate. There's people dying in Washington right now at an alrming rate. Violence is part of human nature, and when you have a country comprised of humans, well, you're going to have violence. Fortunately, we have limited much of this violence to the 10 mile radius around Baghdad.

Now, if only we can get the right number of troops to secure Baghdad...

There's people dying in Washington right now at an alrming rate. Violence is part of human nature, and when you have a country comprised of humans, well, you're going to have violence.

You seriously did not just use this example to try and justify the killing and the dieing in Iraq... you cannot be serious.

Back