Somewhere in Kenya a Village is Missing its Idiot

Paul Lasaro

Are you happy and satisfied with yourselves? So many people in the world not only dislike you but also hate and can’t stand you. Already for years anti-americanism is quite natural for young intellectuals in all parts of the world. Unfortunately, not only for them. Including Europe. Your embassies are turned into fortresses even in allied countries, in peaceful European countries. Even Russian embassies do not look so armed. Thousands of your soldiers, young people die in many countries of the world. Nobody wants to buy your goods, your workers lose their work. Even so friendly UK sneers at your famous American cars.

You don’t believe - just look yourselves how the British evaluate (whatcar.uk) your cars ... Cadillac Escalade two stars of five, Chrysler Sebring – the same – only two stars, Dodge Avenger (Charger) – two, Hummer H3 – only one, Chrysler 300C – achievement! – three stars. Do we have to wonder that one of the biggest car markets – Europe – practically ignore the American production? It could be only half of the trouble but also Russians, Chinese and others are being influenced by it.

For the young people America is connected with bubbles of Coca-Cola and McDonalds which parents usually abuse about using the most terrible words since their children’s childhood and doctors shout even louder. At least in two European countries – at schools it is forbidden officially to sell sodas.

The most recognizable symbols are ... Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.

The world more and more compares the USA with the collapsed USSR which had an impressive army, disgusting cars and weak money.

The economics of America has limped for years. The well-known researcher Tony Judt in his book „Postwar: A History of Europe Since 1945” shows that the economics of America became a shadow of Europe long ago – already in 2000 Europeans’ direct investments into the economics of the USA were 900 billion USD against 650 billion Americans’ direct investments in Europe. America got almost 70% out of all external investments from Europe and multinational companies in Europe then had a great amount of American cult products.

Almost every evening the biggest Russian TV channel PRIME TIME in its comments nastily jeers at Americans. For example, saying that American military doctrine can be characterized very simply – unpunished killing of unarmed opponent from a certain distance.* It can’t and mustn’t be called just a simple point of view, it is an information channel for hundreds of millions of people in Russia and behind its borders.

Americans, are you happy and satisfied?

It seems that a part of Americans has understood that now it’s the time to change something. That’s why they trusted Obama to rule the country.

Europeans characterized it shortly – it is the best what could have happened to America.

But having a look from aside it seems that many

Americans haven’t understood it yet. There are Americans who call themselves – Christians and patriots of the country but it doesn’t disturb them from propagating hostile offence against Obama on the Internet. Not long ago in a big surprise I saw a picture, sent out by these patriots, where the following can be seen – „Somewhere in Kenya a Village is Missing its Idiot”.

I only want to ask these American patriots how can you be proud of the country where the elected president is missing idiot in Kenya village?

Now it’s the time when Americans have to join together at last in order to change something. It’s the time to support a person who the world is ready to listen attentively to. To listen and to hear.

Let’s hope that Americans will understand it and finally that day will come when thousands of young Americans and their opponents who are usually the same age don’t die because of high-flown antiamericanism.

Let’s hope that a day will come when Americans in the whole world do not have to hide themselves in the fortresses of embassies.

Let’s hope that a day will come when Americans do not have to lose their work only because American cars and other goods are something strange.

Let’s hope that Obama does not have the same destiny as Gorbatcov. Gorbatcov is still being respected and admired abroad while Russians can’t understand that he gave to Russia a possibility to get back its self-respect and took away a disgrace sign of the aggressor.

Americans must understand that Obama symbolizes not only Changes but also a Challenge. Positive.

Have a nice Day and be careful!
Paul Lasaro

* Original russian text - "военной доктриной, которую можно назвать "Три "Б": безнаказанный расстрел безоружного противника с безопасного расстояния. "

Werbung:
Hello Paul...

America does a lot of good things throughout the world as well though. And often we are the only military power big enough to step in and adequately defend a smaller country or a internationally important and just cause.

That's also important to note. We have become sort of the deep pockets money wise & military wise of a lot of good international causes.

But your observation is with great merit and it's good that some on this board that have convinced themselves everybody not a terrorist just loves American policies, supports all of it's military interventions and always thinks of the US as being the honest fair broker... hear that they really do not.

The Conservative wing of the Republican Party do love their Nation Building, which I personally believe is wrong headed. They see America's job as being almost World Police even if the conflict is no threat to our own country and no Alli has asked for our intervention. And our previous President and his administration lied to us and the world on a fairly steady basis. His economic policies were all skewed to let businesses get away with things unchecked and focused the lion share of help to those already at the top.

And that Republican President led us into being TORTURERS.

None of this looks good I know. But the most wonderful thing about AMERICA is that with the pushing of a button (OK a few million buttons:)) and a peaceful vote we have the ability to remove people that have not proceeded in an honest, fair, well thought out direction.

I personally thank you for your kind words about President Obama. He is popular at home and throughout the world because he is intelligent, calm, caring and measured in his overall outlook. He truly wants to see the United States and the rest of the world all see a brighter more peaceful day.

YES WE CAN

Paul Said: I only want to ask these American patriots how can you be proud of the country where the elected president is missing idiot in Kenya village?
While I agree that this comment from a fellow American seems unkind...I have said the same thing regarding our most recent 'Texas Village Idiot' and it took me 5 years to reach that opinion!!! I kept believing the B.S. and was finally convinced that he was such a huge liar/manipulate the facts and just get creative and make some 'FACTS UP'. So while I think that we all should give our support to President Obama...we are a 'FREE SPEECH' country and I would only 'HOPE' that people believe in his good intentions!
Now it’s the time when Americans have to join together at last in order to change something. It’s the time to support a person who the world is ready to listen attentively to. To listen and to hear.
Aw, but here is the 'RUB'...how do you make people 'FEEL' hopeful/energized/respectful of our elected officials...especially after the past 8 years of the lies and huge debt load for 2 ongoing wars. APATHY abounds in all countries of this world!
Let’s hope that Americans will understand it and finally that day will come when thousands of young Americans and their opponents who are usually the same age don’t die because of high-flown anti americanism.
Sure and in that Utopia all Muslim Extremist/Christian Extremist/PLO Extremist/Taliban Extremist...etc., etc., etc., will learn to love each other as human beings and not as a religious enemy!!!
Let’s hope that a day will come when Americans in the whole world do not have to hide themselves in the fortresses of embassies.
Interesting the issue that you seem to have taken with our protection for our Embassies...if in all of those Embassies the few extremist within those satellite countries did not see the US as a 'GOLDEN EGG' to over throw then we would not have to protect ourselves from the 'greedy/insanity/warring factions'...WHO THE HELL WANTS TO BE LIKE RUSSIA...NO BODY!!! Good Grief
Let’s hope that a day will come when Americans do not have to lose their work only because American cars and other goods are something strange.
Not quite following where/what thought process you going down on that point...so I'll just say this: We, the American work force have had many, many a time when we have struggled and if you 'THINK' that we are great because of the 'huge Auto gluttony/Union Labor driven corporations' then you haven't followed how we built the technology {computer software too} that Japan has used to become a nation of auto makers too! Not all of our auto industry is failing...just some continuous dead wood that needs to be 'pruned or radically amputated'...not all huge corporations need to be sustained just for the 'NAME SAKE'. IMO
Let’s hope that Obama does not have the same destiny as Gorbatsov. Gorbatsov is still being respected and admired abroad while Russians can’t understand that he gave to Russia a possibility to get back its self-respect and took away a disgrace sign of the aggressor.
I would love to see those 'stats' on how much Gorbatsov is 'admired'??? Globally many countries could/would give a **** what Gorbatsov did and changed in Russia...most of the world just doesn't care. They just don't want Russia involved in their politics anymore then they want the USA involved in their politics!
Americans must understand that Obama symbolizes not only Changes but also a Challenge. Positive.
He can on provide the words...it is up to each and everyone of us to believe him and hope that he and our elected officials look to our future and change what they can and quit doing the International Harm that the prior President did. That is our 'Freedom of Choice' as Americans...it is what we stand for!
Have a nice Day and be careful!
Paul Lasaro
And likewise to you too..."HOPE" is what sustains us all!

Thank You very much for comment. In the same time I had a strong feeling that americans don't care :(

You're most welcome!

Please continue to gives us your international perspective. It's by understanding each other that we truly understand ourselves.

Oh... and thank you for your international support of our President Obama. He's working hard to turn around a lot that went wrong in the previous eight years. It's not easy... but he's smart and he has a lot of energy!

Some of us care a great deal but we see the current administration as the problem, not the solution. Then we are chastised for not jumping on board a sinking ship.

Says the person who thought the Bush Titanic was a fine sea worthy cruise ship... LOL!:D

You know what this reminds me of?

It reminds me of an old joke... goes like this.

There's a flood and the water is up to the first floor. The police send a row boat in to rescue a guy but the guy says... No, the Lord will save me.

Then the water gets up to the 2nd floor and they send a motor boat to save the guy but he again says... No, the Lord will save me.

Then the water gets up to the roof and they send a helicopter but yet again the guy in denial of his true situation says, No the Lord will save me.

So the guy drowns.

He goes to heaven and he meets the Lord. A little aggravated the man says... Lord... I trusted in you and you let me die.

The Lord replies... Why you IDIOT I sent you 2 boats and a helicopter what the HELL did you want!:D

That's people that for ridiculous political denile reasons just can't admit that President Obama is simply trying to help best he can with a bad situation he was left.

"Globally many countries could/would give a **** what Gorbatsov did"
-------------------------------------
Not true. Gorbtachov give a real freedom for half Europe after comunists nightmare. Gorbatchov ruin big and agressive Imperia without big blood. Could You remember in history something like that? When You drinking Coca-cola, half Europe was under KGB control. Feel difference?

Sure and in that Utopia all Muslim Extremist/Christian Extremist/PLO Extremist/Taliban Extremist...etc., etc., etc., will learn to love each other as human beings and not as a religious enemy!!!

Where is comunist, nazi and oher extremists? This is not Utopia, this is Past.
We can change situation. Obama now sending smart messages not smart missiles and young solders to die.

"Globally many countries could/would give a **** what Gorbatsov did"
-------------------------------------
Not true. Gorbtachov give a real freedom for half Europe after comunists nightmare. Gorbatchov ruin big and agressive Imperia without big blood. Could You remember in history something like that? When You drinking Coca-cola, half Europe was under KGB control. Feel difference?

You are telling the historic truth about Gorbachev my friend.

From a historic perspective he did much to change the entire way the former USSR was run. His Presidency was a huge turning point.

Now I agree with my friend ASPCA that other countries for the most part just want to be left alone by big Super Powers whoever they are and be allowed to pursue their own destiny.

But I also think history clearly shows Gorbachev as a mold breaker and trend setter creating a much more positive and open direction for the Russian people and a much more internationally cooperative & helpful Russia... and without the usual bloodshed of a revolution.

...other countries for the most part just want to be left alone by big Super Powers whoever they are and be allowed to pursue their own destiny.

You can't ask people in many countries. We simply don't know. Do You know what northkoreans really want? No. You know what crazy generals and comunist elite want not people.
Do You know what belorussians want?
Without democracy You simply don't know.

And also many countries can't live without Super Power protection. For example Gerogia or small East Europe new and small democratic states. Without NATO protection You never know when Russia comes back. Postimperial sentiment in Putin Russia growing.
Ask Yourself why Russian TV every day attacking with propoganda US?

You can't ask people in many countries. We simply don't know. Do You know what northkoreans really want? No. You know what crazy generals and comunist elite want not people.
Do You know what belorussians want?
Without democracy You simply don't know.

And also many countries can't live without Super Power protection. For example Gerogia or small East Europe new and small democratic states. Without NATO protection You never know when Russia comes back. Postimperial sentiment in Putin Russia growing.
Ask Yourself why Russian TV every day attacking with propoganda US?

I understand your point.

I guess what I meant to say was smaller countries may want the "protection" of a Super Power... but they don't want a Super Power telling them how the must run their own country.

I guess what I meant to say was smaller countries may want the "protection" of a Super Power... but they don't want a Super Power telling them how the must run their own country.

In fact US also in GWB time telling just about - democracy, political freedom, transparnecy, etc.
Of course corrupt local politcans translate all this in "american propoganda".
This is rude stereotype that US brutally pushing on something wrong.
What's wrong happen with WestGermany, Japan, SouthKorea after US give principes of democracy and free market? Today all those countries are stabile economical SuperPowers, people living in stability and freedom.

Werbung:
Tell me - amercians can't deal with painful reality...? Something wrong, something not true?
All this is friendly - Americans FYI.
And today I find on my web page paullasaro . com interesting coment. Americans "patriots" blaming Your president not me. More - i supporting not only popular Obama but also .... not so popular GWB

Back