Spain strikes Green Oil?

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110331/bs_afp/spainenergyalternativeenvironmentresearch

Spain researchers Hope to have made a blue alge based bio fule that can be made rapidly....and also absorbs green house gasses! sure its at least 5-10 years ago..but this is where our futer in Oil should be going ...rather then Subsidies for Oil companies and Corn based Ethanol.

Gipper please tell us all now why its horrible and we need to drill into Yellowstone for oil or something....

Werbung:
Spain researchers Hope to have made a blue alge based bio fule that can be made rapidly....
U of M announced the same thing more than a year ago:

ANN ARBOR, Mich.—Heating and squishing microalgae in a pressure-cooker can fast-forward the crude-oil-making process from millennia to minutes.

sure its at least 5-10 years ago..

"We need another five to 10 years before industrial production can start,"

The "Green" energy revolution is always said to be 'just around the corner' and contingent on massive taxpayer subsidies.

but this is where our futer in Oil should be going ...rather then Subsidies for Oil companies and Corn based Ethanol.

BFS, a private company, hopes to negotiate "with several countries to obtain subsidies for the installation of artificial oil fields,"

I oppose all subsidies but something tells me your only problem with subsidies are who is getting them.

Gipper please tell us all now why its horrible and we need to drill into Yellowstone for oil or something....

Alternative fuel sources are a necessary and important component of any rational energy policy. What is not rational is for people like you to make domestic sources of energy off limits for specious political reasons.

ANN ARBOR, Mich.—Heating and squishing microalgae in a pressure-cooker can fast-forward the crude-oil-making process from millennia to minutes.

The "Green" energy revolution is always said to be 'just around the corner' and contingent on massive taxpayer subsidies.

BFS, a private company, hopes to negotiate "with several countries to obtain subsidies for the installation of artificial oil fields,"

I oppose all subsidies but something tells me your only problem with subsidies are who is getting them.

Alternative fuel sources are a necessary and important component of any rational energy policy. What is not rational is for people like you to make domestic sources of energy off limits for specious political reasons.

Nice post Gen.

And Pockets, I know you think ALL conservatives and Rs want to pollute the land. And, particularly would love to pollute beautiful places like Yellowstone, because your leaders told you this. But guess what? You have chosen to believe a lie AGAIN!

When will you and your kind realize your leaders and media have lied to you repeatedly?

When will you and your kind realize your leaders and media have lied to you repeatedly?

Some people would rather bit their nose to spite their face than every admit they were wrong. And when you are proven to be right, it was THEIR idea the whole time! Lol.

The enviro-wacko end game in this whole "alternative energy" debate is exactly what we are seeing now: choke off all new fossil fuel exploration and development, thereby forcing more people to buy expensive electric cars, or be forced to change to other unsustainable "alternative" fuel sources that have to be subsidized by our bankrupt government, because the cost to produce these other fuel sources is much higher than the cost to refine fossil fuels.

Actuly the U of M was on the same lines...use of Alge but if I recall the Details it was not quite the same...

And drilling in Anwar is said to be 10 years off from when started as well...Oil wells don't pup up overnight as well....the US needs to think long term next 100 years...not just about today.

Nice post Gen.

And Pockets, I know you think ALL conservatives and Rs want to pollute the land. And, particularly would love to pollute beautiful places like Yellowstone, because your leaders told you this. But guess what? You have chosen to believe a lie AGAIN!

actually I don;'t believe that all do...Just you.

Typical...Possible New Fuel source...and some right wingers can do nothing but bash Obama and cry about Oil.

Not exactly new, started this in 1985. I applaud this as it has, at least some hope of being useful. Going to need more nuclear power to operate it and there does stillseem to be questions about how much material you need to make fuel. But clearly a better row to hoe than solar and wind.

actually I don;'t believe that all do...Just you.

Okay. Then we are making progress with your mental...condition. But, once again you are wrong.

Remember, just flip everything you believe 180 degrees and you will be much more accurate.

Please get to the Islamic Denial Thread. I am awaiting your most intelligent comments.

Good to hear that. Bio fuels are safe for the environment. I heard that it emits less pollution than the petroleum and fuels we used from Middle East. It is the hope of people especially gas and fuel prices are still increasing.

It sounds like it could work. I hear that shell and exxon are investing in it, which just might speed up the day when it will be viable and without us paying for grants to develop it.

The only thing I have heard that is negative is the inclusion of the phrase "cap and trade" in an article on algea.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110331/bs_afp/spainenergyalternativeenvironmentresearch

Spain researchers Hope to have made a blue alge based bio fule that can be made rapidly....and also absorbs green house gasses! sure its at least 5-10 years ago..but this is where our futer in Oil should be going ...rather then Subsidies for Oil companies and Corn based Ethanol.

Does Yellowstone have oil? I bet we could put a well in there without disturbing anything.

Werbung:
It sounds like it could work. I hear that shell and exxon are investing in it, which just might speed up the day when it will be viable and without us paying for grants to develop it.

"us", are paying for it. In the form of the "oil depletion allowance", other corporation tax breaks, the effects of the B.P. oil spill, and the price of gas at the pump.

Back